Grants:Project/Rapid/Planning Wikimedia Gambia/Meetup
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Boubacarr Coly/Planning Wikimedia Gambia
Planning Wikimedia Gambia (General Meetup & Assembly)
targetWikipedia Project, Language Mandinka & Wolof
budget (local currency)D16.685
grant typeA group
contact(s)• slamrazgmail.com• email@example.com
organization (if applicable)• Planning Wikimedia Gambia
Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
- Socialize with existing community members.
- Recruit new members.
- Discuss possible community projects.
- Discuss the way forward for the group and selection of leadership.
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- The main purpose of this general meetup is to gather all the community and all people who are willing to contribute and become members.
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- This is our first and we hope will be an awareness creation opportunity and to establish our presence.
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- Yes, we have been sharing invitations via Whatsapp and Telegram in our groups and on other aligned open project platforms.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- By joining the Planning Wikimedia Gambia group, all participant will receive a particular attention by being kept attracted with topics proposals and particularly by being regularly invited to our monthly, global contribution day(s), editathons, etc. By attending at least one of our contribution day events which is also a networking day for contributors as well, we are sure to keep our participants and members engaged.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The Planning Wikimedia Gambia community is attracting many students, academics and professors who have always thought that the Wikipedia project was a computed system or search engine that gather information from nowhere. Through this general meetup, we aim to showcase how open Wikimedia projects are and how people around the world contribute to make it one of the greatest online encyclopaedias in the world.
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants : 15 - 20
- Number of people who will help organize the event : 7 - 8
- Number of new recruits : 5 - 10
- Number of people who will hear about Wikipedia : at least 10
Internet (cost for installation and data) - $265
Venue (per use) - $50
Snacks (total for 15 people)- $40
Total = $355