Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Socializing of SQ Wikipedia contributors through the yearly meeting of the community;
- Recruit more Wikidata editors through workshops (first day);
- Recruit new editors for SQ Wikipedia;
- Establish a strategy for the next years activities (planning for Wiki Loves Monuments 2018, Hack4Herritage etc) through the meetups of the second day.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- Call for speakers will be open for everyone to apply from 23.10.2017.
- All the information will be added on the dedicated Wiki page: https://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiki_Weekend_Tirana_2017;
- We will also coordinate the design, printing and promotion of the event. This is considered a very important element of the promotional cycle of Wiki Weekend 2017;
- Friday (before the main event) we will be hosting a reception pre-event for all participants in order to inform them about all the details of the agenda and also for some socializing;
- Saturday and Sunday different sessions will take place at Open Labs hackerspace in Tirana.
- In this edition we are planning to continue collaboration with organizations and governmental institutions that are positive on sharing their data such as The National Folklore Institute, the Municipality of Tirana etc;
- The organizing team will make sure to have media coverage once again for this year as well;
- Crucial role will also have our volunteers that will help the core organizing team before and during the event.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- SQ Wikimedia mailing list: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-sq;
- SQ Wikimedia Village pump: https://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Kuvendi;
- Social media and mailing lists of free open source communities in Albania and Kosovo;
- We will do our best to have media coverage before and after Wiki Weekend just as we have done during the previous editions.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- Participants will be asked to be part of the edit-a-thons that are planned to be organized after Wiki Weekend;
- Participants will be added to the mailing list of the community and to the newsletter databased and will be informed about all the wiki realted activities we are planning.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants: 60
- Number of articles created or improved: 150
- Number of photos from Wiki Loves Monuments competition to be used on SQ Wikipedia articles: 50
- Number of articles with geoinformation added: 50
- Number of Wikidata enthusiasts: 10 (at least)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- There is a consolidated group of people that have organized similar events with more than 100 participants such as the CryptoParty 2017 in Tirana. The actual organizing team members are Silva.1994 (responsible for logistics), Nafie shehu (responsible for the agenda and the speakers) and Leeturtle (responsible for media relations and communication with institutions);
- We are counting also on the volunteers that have been helping us throughout the previous editions;
- The community at the hackerspace is really active and many people from it will possibly participate in our event;
- We are planning to apply for additional funding from international organizations such as UN in Albania;
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Venue renting for 3 days (main conference and reception): 340$
- Documentation (professional photos and editing): 250$
- Design for visual ID of the event, posters, banners etc: 100$
- Printings for promo materials (roll up banners, posters, lanyards, stickers): 250$
- Catering (two days of the event and reception event): 320$
- Administration (finance officer & bank transactions costs): 100$
- Transportation costs inside the city (estimation based on previous activities): 40$
- Travel and accommodation (for participants and volunteers outside Tirana): 340$
- Unexpected costs (10% of total cost): 174$
- Magioladitis (talk) 21:39, 24 October 2017 (UTC)
- In events like Wiki Weekend people who are interested in contributing at Wikimedia's projects have the chance to meet old contributors and learn how to start contributing. I am confident that this fourth edition in Tirana, will bring many contributors together. Meriboo (talk) 17:25, 31 October 2017 (UTC)
- very important event for the Albanian community and to promote Wikimedia in this small country Albinfo (talk) 21:49, 9 November 2017 (UTC)