Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the project focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- We will focus on writing 25,000 articles and improve through this project. And we focus on bringing our Wikipedia as the best Wikipedia among Indian languages. And we are going to organize some workshops in SriLanka.
2. How will you let people know about the project?
- We will invite all Tamil speaking People by posting invitations & posters. We will invite all we know and tell about the project and Tamil Wikipedia in newspapers. And we will promote this project on our Facebook page. Also we will invite Facebook friends to get involved in the project.
3. How will you judge the project and award prizes?
- We will judge through this tool. We have already used this tool several times. The prizes are given for top 10 project winners and for top 3 new active users. The Prizes will be given according to the winners wishes (If cash amount or any other electronics).
4. For photo projects, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
There is no photo project in our Project
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We are targeting to bring our Tamil Wikipedia from 59 to the top 40 wikipedias. We have done two successful writing projects in 2010 and 2013.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For writing contests:
- Number of participants:30
- Number of obtained new users:25
- Number of articles created and improved:25,000
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Organizing team-
- Shriheeran-Main organizer of contest, will create contest pages, answer questions on email and contest talk page, distribute prizes.
- AntanO - Logo, Poster and Banner designing. Preventing Vandalism during project period.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 1 USD = 150.26 LKR as of 25th January 2017.
|Number||Item description||Unit||Qty||Cost /USD||Total cost USD||WMF contribution (USD)||Other sources (USD)||Notes|
|1.1||Overall prizes||person||710 USD||710.00||710.00||Cash prizes for the 10 top contributors and new active users and women contributors of the contest.|
|1.2||Special prizes (Contest Certificate)||person||60||75.00 USD||75.00||75.00||The certificate is for the all contributors who takes part in the project.|
|1.3||Organizers' gift hampers||person||1||75.00 USD||75.00||75.00||The special gift hamper will be given to the organizers.|
|2. Prizes delivery and Internet Expenses||225.00||225.00|
|2.1||Post expenses and telephone charges||project||1||100.00 USD||100.00||100.00||Sending prizes and certificates to users.|
|2.2||Internet and top-up expenses||project||125.00 USD||125.00||125.00||Internet usage during workshops|
|3. Contest Meetups/workshops & Outreach||475.00||475.00|
|3.1||Workshop||project||300.00 USD||300.00||300.00||We expect to organize a Workshop and a meetup in Jaffna.|
|3.2||Banner & poster printing||project||175.00 USD||175.00||175.00||Banners and posters used during workshops and contest period.|
|4. Unexpected cash amount||100.00||100.00|
|4.1||Unexpected cash prizes||project||100.00 USD||100.00||100.00||This is for the travelling costs and professional video taking during meetups or workshops.|
- Total cost of project
- 1660.00 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support as a requester and organizer--Shriheeran (talk) 15:16, 25 January 2017 (UTC)
- Support I hope this project will help improve Tamil Wikipedia. And as a Tamil Speaking user I am very eager to develop Tamil Wikipedia. Wishing all the best for this positive attempt. Irumozhi (talk) 10:11, 26 January 2017 (UTC)
- Support this kind of project is indeed needed for Tamil Wikipedia to bring many new users and big articles --Kurumban (talk) 22:39, 28 February 2017 (UTC)