Grants:Project/Rapid/UG COD/Kisangani High Schools Edit-a-thon
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Train educator and student to edit Wikipedia
- Create awarness of WP in the school
- Recruit new editors (60+)
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We will be running a serie of trainings and editathons with high school teachers and students in partenship with local authorities of education.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Traditional communication channels: social media and phone
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- 3 experienced editors from the UG will be in charge of the project.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, of course. The authorities of education in the city will offer the local, computers and books (library).
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will be offering them booklets and flyrs so that they can be ambassadors in their schols. We will also invite at least 5 of them to joign our monthly meetup.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Our mission in the group is to connect more than 500 people in the movement within this year. Thanks to your support we will be running great event with great impact.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 2 (5 days)
- Number of participants: 60+
- Number of new editors: 60
- Number of of articles created or improved: TBA
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 10+
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Volunteer wikimedians from WDRC - UG. Local, Internet, computers and (sometimes notebooks) will be in charge of the authorities. Booklets and flyrs thanks to WMFr
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- food day 1 (D1): 12 persons * $9 = $120
- food D2: 32 persons * $9 = $320
- food D3: 32 persons * $9 = $320
- food D4: 32 persons * $9 = $320
- food D5: 32 persons * $9 = $320
- allownance for trainers: $100
- t-shirts: 30 * $13.5 = $405 (5 for the UG, and others for participants with many contributions)
- Misc. (wire fees, project management...): $145
- Total: $1910
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!