Grants:Project/Rapid/UG GE/Wikipedia Asian Month 2018 in Georgia
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- To spread awareness about Wikimedia projects in Georgia
- Popularization of Wikimedia projects
- Create new articles about Asia
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- Contest "Asian Month" will be held throughout November. During this time, existing and new participant will create new articles, at this time the project organizers will remotely assist all participants.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We created a project page in Georgian Wikipedia and when the project begins we will, through the central notification, preempt all Wikipedia visitors about the project. Also, through our official accounts in social networks (Georgian Wikipedia on Facebook (92K Likes), UG-GE on Facebook Georgian Wikipedia on Twitter, Georgian Wikipedia on Instagram), we will attract new members and warn them about our project.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Our community has been successfully conducting Wiki Loves Monuments (2016, 2017) and WLE (2017, 2018) for 3 years already. Four consecutive years CEE Spring (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018) and two consecutive Wikipedia Asian Month (2016, 2017).
Also, project leaders will be:
- Mehman97 organizer of "Wiki Loves Monuments" 2017-2018 and "Wiki Loves Earth" 2018 in Georgia, also the organizer of the The Women You Have Never Met 2018 in Georgia and From Independence To Freedom.
- David1010 organizer of "CEE Spring" 2015-2018 and "Wikimedia Asian Month" 2016-2017 in Georgia.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- All existing Wikipedia participants have all the necessary skills and technical devices to participate in the competition. New participants if they do not have the necessary skills, we will help them to conduct lessons for them and those participants, who will not have technical adaptations: the Central Library of the Tbilisi State University makes it possible to use both the Internet and computers for free.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- After this contest, we are going to conduct other thematic projects.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project will promote the development of Georgian Wikipedia and its popularization in Georgia.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events:1
- Number of participants:~15-20
- Number of new editors:~5-10
- Number of of articles created or improved:50-60
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): N/A
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The organizers of the project will be two experienced participants of the Georgian Wikipedia, who have held several successful projects together (WLM, WLE and Wikipedia Asian Month). There are no other financial sources of the Georgian Wikipedia, except WMF.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- We for the winners of the contest we calculated vouchers for the purchase of books that are available in the BIBLUSI bookstore.
|Items||Sub-items||Amount (GEL)||Amount (USD)||Total|
|Vouchers||First Nomination||200 ₾||75 $||75 $|
|Second Nomination||150 ₾||56 $||56 $|
|Third Nomination||100 ₾||38 $||38 $|
|Certificates||For ~25 Participant||50 ₾||20 $||20 $|
|Unforeseen expenses||—||50 ₾||20 $||20 $|
|Grand total||209 $|
Total requested: 209 $ (USD)
At the end of this project (for 22 December), UG-GE will hold a conference for participants and interested parties, where the results of the competition will be presented, as well as the work of UG-GE and its projects. The conference will serve the popularization of Wikimedia projects in Georgia.
|Items||per capita||Quantity||Amount (In Georgian Lari)||Amount (In US dollars)||Total|
|Accommodation (conference hall rental and small lunch)||—||—||1 400 ₾||524 $ (USD)||524 $ (USD)|
|Pens (Branding)||1.6 ₾||100||160 ₾||60 $ (USD)||60 $ (USD)|
|T-Shirts (For Staff)||30 ₾||5||150 ₾||56 $ (USD)||56 $ (USD)|
|Notebooks (Branding)||5 ₾||50||250 ₾||94 $ (USD)||94 $ (USD)|
|Unforeseen expenses||—||—||—||—||200 $ (USD)|
|Grand total||934 $ (USD)|
Total requested: 934 $ (USD)
Grand Total requested: 1 143 $ (USD)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!