Grants:Project/Rapid/UG LEV/2017 Education Program in Palestine
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- Five courses at three universities will participate in the Wikipedia Education Program: An-Najah National University: 1- Transportation, 2- Civil Engineering, 3- Soil Mechanics. Al-Quds University: Faculty of Medicine, and Birzeit University: Cell Biology.
- There will be a training session for each course at the university, where students will be taught the basics of Wikipedia, and given an overview of the education program. Further training and communication will mainly be held online.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- As these are closed courses, participation will be limited to students enrolled in the courses. Professors have been welcoming of giving Wikipedia assignments in their courses.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, initially an experienced Wikipedian will introduce the topic, and a group of us will continually monitor and assist online.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- University students possess the skills necessary for writing papers, and together with the Wikipedia training, and monitoring, they should be able to contribute quality content.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- After the end of the semester, students will be encouraged to continue editing Wikipedia, and to join in Wikimedia activities in Palestine.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 5
- Number of participants: 120
- Number of new editors: 120
- Number of of articles created or improved: 120
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): --
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Available resources at the universities include computer labs, Internet connection, facilities. Professors will be in charge of content, while Wikipedians will be in charge of compliance with the basic tenets of Wikipedia. In person training will be given at the universities, as well as online support.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Certificates for participating students: 120*6=720ILS
- Mugs for participating students: 120*9=1080ILS
- Plaques for participating professors: 5*40=200ILS
- Wikimedians of the Levant T-shirts: 5*40=200ILS
- TOTAL: 2200ILS
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!