Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Entrants Scavenging
- Giving verisimilitude to online contest
- It will make more than eighty percent of eligible internet surfers who are non-entrants to concur and attest that not all online institutions or scholarships’ competitions are con products of scrupulous web-technicians.
- Shipping of Branded T-shirts to selected winners
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The purpose of this Initiative is giving other unknown best entries from keenly contested online essay competitions and scholarships applications a second chance to be further screened and announced as winners, as well as allotting them consolation prizes. Thus, enshrining in their hearts of gold a sense of accomplishment, considering their unwavering contributions to calls from annual international contests. In most competitions, only one winner emerges; what become of other creatively unique entries? The most logical argument is that applicants from underdeveloped countries are the most affected; majority of them have lost hope in the credibility and genuineness of online contests. we will request for the top five entrants from hundreds of online writing contests, which had already been adjudged the best. Consequently, I am using this medium to share my revolutionary idea of making the world a better place by giving a second chance to talented unchosen entrants of international origins who participate in online competitions, so as to give verisimilitude and unblemished image to every online opportunity platform.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- First, through the website www.unknownparticipant.com, which will be displaying the list of names and their respective poems as well as essays. The search engine optimization will be carried out by Adsense and Adword. Social media will also be put to use to reach out to online surfers.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- Thousands of websites that received the entries had already selected the winners. What we do is to ask them to send us their top five entrants, so we do not need to judge it again.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- I call it "Entrants Scavenging", it is the first of its kind. Life is so programmed that nothing goes to waste. I came up with this great idea after I was told in an email that my Short story entry was one of the best, but only one winner could emerge as a winner. They ended the mail by stating that they received about forty thousand entries. So what becomes of my best short story ever? I became angry in a way, so I started doubting the integrity of the online competition. in other words, this initiative is to make online competition real to the lay man. Imagine new online contest websites stating on their platforms that if you are not chosen by us, you could be selected by UnknownParticipant.com . It will make their effort worth a while, and boost their morale.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For writing contests:
- Number of participants
- Number of articles created or improved
- Search engine optimization
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- All I have is this great idea, I am currently an under-paid teacher at a private primary school. My monthly salary is about 20 dollars.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- A website and enough fund to pay for branded T-shirts with Unknown participant inscribed on it.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!