Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve encyclopedic content
- Add Commons content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are planning several editathons in various locations around Slovakia.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We will use our media contacts, mailing list, facebook page, Village Pump, local site notice. We will work with local media as well.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes. We have a few editors who could lead the event.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participants are not expected to have any experience with editing.
We will encourage them to let us know what kind of experience they already have and will tailor the editathon to the participant. We will introduce the benefits of working on Wikimedia projects and provide teaching. 5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will create an online social group for sharing of skills, experience and ideas.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 8
- Number of participants: 50
- Number of new editors: 45
- Number of of articles created or improved: 50
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- WM SK is organizing the event and will co-finance it. The people resposible are Matej Grochal (Jetam2) and Radoslava Semanová (Akdar). We will organize the editathons and travel to the regions ourselves or with other editors.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- * Travel expenses accommodation and food = 1013 USD
- * Refreshments: 8 x 40 = 320 USD
- * Swag for participants, keychains: 50 x 5 = 250 USD
- * Swag for organizers: 10 x tshirt at 10 = 100 USD
- * Miscellaneous = 187 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!