Grants:Project/Rapid/WMTH/Wiki Loves Monuments 2019 in Thailand
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
Briefly, this budget request if approved will be used to produce merchandises, prizes, and promotional materials for Wiki Loves Monuments 2019. The goals of these contests and activities are to add high quality content, recruit new editors, strengthen the community and recruit potential members into our chapter. The duration of this project is three months, which is intentionally extended to cover the judging and postage period.
Like previous years, most of the activities are online. For photo and article contests, tasks of the organizers include setting up and monitoring the meta page, advertisement, communication with juries and winners, production of awards and promotional materials, packing and postage.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest is focused on, but not limited to, the photographs of Thailand's national and cultural heritage. We believe that by digitisation we are able to preserve these items. It is also very important for our community since this contest is hosted on an annual basis.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Community will be notified about our contest by our existing communication channels including meta page, local Wikipedia, social media, and mailing list. Our local sponsors will also help advertise the contest.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- Images will be judged by a panel of juries consisting of a representative from our chapter and two professional photographers.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- Organisers will encourage Wikipedia Asian Month participants (in October) to use the images submitted to write new articles or to incorporate them into existing articles.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more: Outcomes of the projects as usual will be measured both quantitatively and qualitatively. Quantitative outcomes include number of participants, people involved, number of uploads and articles improved. Qualitative outcomes will take into account learning points, feedbacks from participants, what works will and what does not work well, etc.
For photo contests:
- Number of total participants: 80 people involved
- Number of articles created or improved: 100 articles
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 1,000 uploads
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Number||Category||Item description||Number of units||Cost per unit (THB)||Total cost (THB)||Currency||Notes|
|1||Award||(1) Voucher prize for 1st-10th winners (1st prize=10,000THB). Awards for 2nd-10th places will be managed when we know the total number of winners.
(2) Trophies and certificates
|2||Promotion||(1) Promotional materials (e.g. flyers, posters, postcards, calendars, t-shirts, merchandise, etc.)||-||-||17,000||THB||~540 USD|
|3||Expenses made for WLM||(1) Voucher prize for 1st-10th winners (1st prize=10,000THB). Awards for 2nd-10th places.
(2) Trophies and certificates for WLE, WLM,.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!