Grants:Project/Rapid/WM TW/WAM2016 Taiwan Editathon
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- zh: 我們要在台灣的三座城市分別舉辦一整天的寫作松，鼓勵參與者在這一天，利用翻譯外文或是自行撰寫的方式，寫出一篇可以提報DYK（你知道嗎？）欄位的條目。
- en: We will hold WAM Edit-a-thons in three cities in Taiwan, which will be a day-long activity. We will encourage participants to write or translate at least one articles for Wikipedia Asian Month, that qualified to be promoted as DYK article.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- zh: 透過臉書、Dcard、telegram、或是維基頁面上的central notice來宣傳，並在kktix上開報名頁。同時也會用私人網路來與台北、新竹、台中三地的學術或在地文史研究者聯繫，邀請參與。
- en: We will spread the event information through Facebook, Dcard, Telegram groups and maybe Central Notice, a site called kktix will be used for registration. We will also contact local academia using our personal relations to invite researchers, professors and experts to join us.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- zh: 有，台北至少4位，新竹至少1位，台中也至少1位。
- en: Yes. We have at least 6 experienced editors confirm to attend at least one of the Edi-a-thon. 4 based in Taipei, 1 based in Hsinchu and 1 based in Taichung.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high-quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- zh: 我們預期會有新手，甚至還沒申請帳號的與會者。我們在一天的過程中將會有熟悉維基的老手擔任助教，並且提供每一位與會者適合他們翻譯的外語條目、相關參考文獻、或熟悉東南亞語言可協助上網搜尋相關可靠文獻的人才，讓其在活動結束時能夠寫出DYK。
- en: We will expect new users or who not even registered to participate the events. Experienced Editors will be assigned to provide assistance to new users and help them find out a good topic to write or article to translate, which will make possible for experts of realtive topics able to write a good quality article (qualified to be DYK).
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- zh: 透過臉書、校園社團的後續社課、邀請他們繼續參與編輯維基。
- en: We will invite attendees to continue contribute Wikipedia byFacebook or invite them attend writing sessions of college Wikipedia student club.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- zh: 目前還有一些人力資源尚在確認，如果有更多資源將會回報。
- en: We are simultaneously contacting more people to organize and other resources, and will provide details once anything comes out.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 3
- Number of participants: 60
- Number of new editors: 40
- Number of of articles created or improved: 60
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 20
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- zh: 我們有台北、台中、新竹的在地有經驗的維基社群經營者（台北有分會2人與台大維基社4人，新竹有2人，台中有1人）。台北有學校的教室願意借出，中午可能有來自東南亞的菜餚，以及熟悉東南亞語言與文化的老師或學生。
- en: We have around 10 experienced community organizers in Taipei, Hsinchu and Taichung, including two main organizers of WMTW. For now, the venue in Taipei will be provided by National Taiwan University, and there will be faculties and students in Southeast Asia Study join us. We are looking for free venue in Hsinchu and Taichung.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 交通補助：TWD$4000 台北-台中（兩人高鐵來回）1400x2；台北-新竹（兩人高鐵來回）600x2
- 印製胸章：TWD$2000 （印製100個4.4公分大的胸章做紀念品）
- 印製单页、海报：TWD$1000 (500張傳單、4張海報)
- Transportaion：TWD$4000 - Bullet Train Roundtrip Tickets for Two WMTW officers travel from Taipei to Hsinchu(600x2) and Taichung (1400x2).
- Special Button：TWD$2000 （Will make around 100 pieces of 4.4cm button souvenir for participants.
- Poster/ Info sheet printing & posting: TWD$1000 (500 pieces of DM & 4 sheet)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!