- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- Organize and work in current GLAM projects
- Plan future GLAM projects
- Scout for new possible GLAM partnerships
1. What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- Present a workshop on Wikimedia Commons and open content licensing at the National Library of Portugal, as part of the seminary Wikimedia Portugal is planning for 4 June; work locally in the ongoing GLAM between Wikimedia Portugal and the National Library and discuss with the institution regarding ways to expand the cooperation moving forward; help run a workshop on GLAM/Wikipedia/Commons at Vila Franca de Xira / Alverca for the staff of museums, libraries and cultural institutions of the region; reach out to potential new GLAM partners that will attend the event; meet up with the local community of wikipedians at Lisbon;
2. If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- Improve community & GLAM partners engagement and knowledge about the Wikimedia projects, in particular those Wikimedia Portugal is involved with.
3. How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- Announcements on the relevant wikis, in the WMPT mailing lists, by direct mail to GLAM partners and other institutions we want to invite, and dissemination through our GLAM partners' own channels.
4. How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- We will remain in close contact, as we've been doing until now, especially in the cases where there's an ongoing GLAM partneship, as is the case with the National Library.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- I'll be organizing the events and meetings at the National Library along with other members of Wikimedia Portugal, in particular Paulo Perneta, Ana Cravo, and André Barbosa. More members may join, depending on their availability.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events
- Number of participants
- We estimate that there will be around 70 to 100 participants
- Number of people who will help organize the event
- At least 3-5 from Wikimedia Portugal, and a few more at the GLAM partners -- the National Library of Portugal and the municipal museums of Alverca / Vila Franca de Xira
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 70€ travel expenses (Braga-Lisbon)
- 50€ meals / local transportation
Total: 120 €
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!