Grants:Project/Rapid/WikiDonne/La mujer que nunca conosciste 2017 Rome/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
We met 2 of our goals, the first Add or improve content and the third Engage existing editors.
Please report on your original project targets.
- Project metrics
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|1 event||1 event||Our first international contest well structured (granted, organized in a prestigious museum in Rome, with refreshment service), as part of the global campaign La mujer que nunca conociste.|
|30 participants||17 participants registered||Free tickets on Eventbrite, about 8 real participants. Maybe the free tickets formula don't responsabilises the people, how feel free not to come.|
|20 new editors||1 new editors||The participants were interested in the topic, but didn't edit.|
|60 completed articles||73 new entries, 477 articles improved||Articles created or improved are listed here.|
|50% female||50% female presence||All the participants were experts wikipedians. We had only 1 new user, a teacher who wants to start a wiki course on her school in september. Our great goal was involving the comunity.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Outreach tool, a useful tool.
- Eventbrite's event management. Easy to manage the orders, emails, send email to all the list's participants to inform about how to prepare themselves to the event, easy to print the final list to use as attendance sheet.
- Facebook event, Twitter account, Pinterest showcase to promote this on social media.
- The wikifacilitator's help.
- We had a list to start and all the articles were checked in advance in notability and sources.
- The museum's collaboration (location, tables, chairs, wifi, social promotion).
- The visibility on the museum site.
- Is the first time we involve the city's authorities (Department of Culture and Department of simplification)
- We created 2 guides in italian for beginners: How to registrate on Wikipedia and How to translate an article.
- The graphics works kindly created for free.
- Low fees for refreshments (this time we don't use the catering service and we retrieve the drinks from the previous event - A + F).
- The response of the comunity
- A great number of new and improved articles
- We have remaining founds to use for the prizes for another contest online
- Contacts with a school
- Prizes in Amazon cards easy to manage
- The winners satisfaction
- What did not work so well?
- Participation in WMCON has complicated the organization
- This time we haven't the support of WMI association
- For this reason we have not a Press officer and a Press campaign
- Little time for communication
- Half of people who was registered didn't come
- Who came didn't edit, was only interested about the argument
- We recruit only one new user
- What would you do differently next time?
- Communication to the outside has been our weak point, so we will do this differently (a dedicated person)
- No knowledge on how works the municipal departments (now we have more experience)
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
From the 1100 EUR received I supported these expenses:
1. Prints 79,56 EUR
- poster = 15,00 EUR
- flyers = 18,00 EUR
- rollup = 46,56 EUR
2. Refreshment 49,56 EUR
(only pizza, drinks remained from A+F)
- refreshment (food) = 45,00 EUR
- cutlery and plastic cups, napkins = 4,36 EUR
3. Video projection 203,61 EUR
- videoprojector machine = 159,99 EUR
- support for videoprojector = 13,64 EUR
- screen for videoprojector = 29,98 EUR
3. Prizes 450,00 EUR
- 1° prize for an expert user = 150,00 EUR
- 2° prize for an expert user = 100,00 EUR
- 3° prize for an expert user = 50,00 EUR
- 1 extra prize for the best article
written by an expert user = 150,00 EUR
- 1 extra prize for the best article
written by a new user = 00,00 EUR (not allowed)
4. Taxi 18,80 EUR
- From home to MACRO = 8,80 EUR
- From MACRO to home = 10,00 EUR
Total = 800,53 EUR (including VAT)
Rest = 299,47 EUR
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Yes, our rest is about 299,47 EUR. Seeing the comunity response for this time, we decide to do another online contest for expert users, using the funds for the 4 prizes.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
WikiDonne decided to continue this campaign for the next year too.