- Please see the sample Video campaign application before drafting your application.
- You can also read a recent video campaign application, Promotion of Punjabi Wikipedia on Social Media and their related report.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Produce video content to promote Wikimedia projects.
- Produce a video that will have community members want to volunteer in the future for this project.
- expanding existing wiki pages in Arabic
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can produce an animation video to promote a Wikimedia project and promote it by using ads on Twitter. You can promote an online campaign, such as Wiki Loves Monuments, by producing an interview video and promoting it on Facebook, Twitter, etc., using ads.
- Ilam Media Center will produce a promotional video for WIKI Palestine project and release it on Facebook, Wikipeida, Twitter, Ilam's Website, and a press lease if needed.
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience in producing videos or multimedia files?
- Yes, Ilam has produced documentaries before with the collaboration from Welfare Association.
4. Do you or others in your team have the skills needed to manage the video production and promotional campaign?
Do you already have a team and specific roles assigned to people based on tasks such as scriptwriting, direction, cinematography, etc.?
- Our team consists of 15 members who wrote the script and edited it.
Regarding cinematography and direction, Ilam has reached out to a production company that we worked with before and they will be responsible for camera operating, equipment, and editing.
5. What’s your post promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- Upload an online application for community members to volunteer.
- Expand WikiPalestine project
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of people reached (saw the ad)
- Number of video views (saw the video)
- Number of link clicks (clicked on the link to visit project/campaign page)
- Number of campaign participants (edited or contributed)
- Number of volunteers that would want to participate after they watch the video
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- WIKI Palestine - WIKI Palestine's project manager and coordinator - They will make sure to produce a successful video that will meet their goals in the means of having more volunteers to participate in the project.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Cameraman X 2 days shooting X $500 = $1000
Equipment X 2 days shooting X $163 = $272
Editing X 2 days X $177 = $354
Translating the video from Arabic to English = $176
Social media Marketing = $200
Total = $2003
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!