Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors to contribute to Wikipedia articles related to psychology.
- Add and improve Wikipedia content in Spanish.
- Encourage interest in contributing to open initiatives such as Wikipedia.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
We are planning one editathon (Wiki FaPsiUANL) focused on increasing and improving the number of Wikipedia articles in Spanish, related to Psychology and overing topics such as learning strategies, positive psychology and executive functions. We will provide training before and on the day of the editathon. We will also organise a talk on opennes and Wikipedia, to raise people's interest in the editathon.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
We will promote the event in the social media channels (Facebook & Twitter) of the Faculty of Psychology of the Autonomous University of Nuevo Leon (UANL). We will also put up posters around campus and make some face-to-face, personalised invitations to potential participants. We have an informative post available in our institutional blog.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
Some staff members of Wiki FaPsiUANL have contributed to Wikipedia in the past and will be helping, including BrendaPadilla3. We are trying to contact people who helped in last year's WikiUNAM to get their support. We are using the videos they used for training as a reference.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
The editathon will take place at UANL's Faculty of Psychology. Wireless internet is available as well as some computers. We will ask participants to bring their own laptops if possible. We expect most participants to be graduate students, researchers and lecturers. We expect them to be knowledgeable in their academic interests but new to Wikipedia editing. We will start the editathon with a training session. Staff will be available to help throughout the event.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
After the editathon, we will publish an overview of the event in our institutional blog. We will also email editors to thank them for their participation and encourage them to keep contributing to Wikipedia. During the Open Education Week (March 2018), editors will be contacted again to invite them to continue their contributions.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
Organising this editathon represents a new experience for students, lecturers and researchers at the Faculty of Psychology of UANL. It creates new possibilities for raising awareness of open initiatives and contributing to Wikipedia.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 3 (training session, talk about openness and Wikipedia, editathon)
- Number of participants: 20+
- Number of new editors: 20+
- Number of of articles created or improved: 20+
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
The Faculty of Psychology will provide a suitable space with Internet and some computers. It will also support the events before the editathon (training sessions and talk about openness and Wikipedia). We have a staff of 6 people, who will receive training before the editathon.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food & drinks = 75 USD
- Electronic equipment (voltage converters & extension cords) = 75 USD
- Miscellaneous supplies (name tags, markers, paper, etc.) = 33.95 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Volunteer I'd like to participate as a volunteer. Susydelagarza (talk) 17:04, 6 November 2017 (UTC)
- Volunteer I'd like to participate as a volunteer. Anelriverae (talk) 18:55, 6 November 2017 (UTC)
- Volunteer I'd like to participate as a volunteer. FernandaCastroGtz (talk) 19:09, 6 November 2017 (UTC)
- Volunteer I'd like to participate as a volunteer. Mayra Ivón Gómez Escobar (talk) 19:21, 6 November 2017 (UTC)
- Volunteer I'd like to participate as a volunteer. Arturo Magallanes (talk) 12:47, 8 November 2017 (UTC)
- Volunteer I'd like to participate as a volunteer. CaroCord (talk) 12:50, 8 November 2017 (UTC)