Grants:Project/Rapid/Wiki Loves Monuments 2020 in Iraq
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Add or improve content, Adding photos through WLM 2020.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community? The contest will focus on famous monuments in Iraq, especially the ones that don't have enough free photos about them to be included in Wiki projects, it's very important to the community as it reflects the diversity of free knowledge domains we work on as user group, in addition to enriching the visual free library of Iraq on the internet. WLM 2020 in Iraq
2. How will you let people know about the contest? By advertising on social media, announcing on all Iraq related wiki pages.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes? By a jury, chosen from a professional photographers and other wikimedians.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects? We have prepared a list of all monuments with articles in Iraq, so the uploaded photos could be known where to go, if the photographer is not including them in the article, we have 3 volunteers to do this task before the contest is over.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project? It's the third participation for Iraq in WLM, this year is the first year that our usergroup managed to get external sponsorship, so we tend to make it the most professional contest so far.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants 50
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons 700
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects 500
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Sponsorship from Asiacell (Biggest telecommunication company in Iraq) to provide the first rank prize in the contest which is an iPad pro worth almost 1200 USD.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Second prize 300 USD
- Third prize 200 USD
- Online advertising 200 USD
- Total is 700 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!