Grants:Project/Rapid/Wiki Loves Villages
Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
- Take photographs of villages (Rural Municipalities) of three districts of Nepal.
- Improve the Quality of images.
- Upload photographs with different subject like culture, shelter, food, dressup, People and educational institutions.
The plan is to photograph the important places of three districts of Nepal. The pilot project will be run in eastern part of Nepal. The villages (rural municipalities and municipalities) of Taplejung, Solukhumbu and Khotang districts are photograph during the project. At the end of the project, We will organize a photowalk in one of the Metropolis with group of photographers to photograph the missing places which is not yet uploaded to Wikimedia Commons.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- The overall purpose of this Wiki Loves Villages is to increase the amount of freely-licensed material related to villages (Rural Municipalities) of Nepalese districts in Wikimedia Commons, and improve the quality and quantity of Wikipedia articles about them, including the illustration of the articles with the uploaded pictures. If the project is going to be successful, more people will know not only about Wikipedia, but also about Wikimedia Commons and new users will be engaged in the projects also.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- I will lead the project with Maithili Wikimedians User Group members.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will create a social media groups before the event to engage the participants in future events as well as we will motivate the new contributors to contribute regularly to Wikimedia Commons.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This is most important project because most of the villages and rural municipalities of Nepal doesn’t have very low amount of photos on Wikipedia article.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of place to photograph: 9+8+10=27
- Number of photowalk: 1
- Number of participants: 15
- Number of article or improved: 100
- Number of of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 1000
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
Expenses for the project
|S. No.||Item description||Unit cost||Nos. of Unit||Total NPR||Total USD|
|1||Transportation, Food and Accommodation
|2||Communication (Internet and Recharge)||1||5100||49.50|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!