Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikiforhumanrights South Sudan Editathon
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve the content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- A series of editathons
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- Social Media Channels, Messaging Apps, Physical gatherings, and Radio PSA
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT On our team we have experienced editors to help lead editathons and to support participants and we will have edit instructions for new members, and there is always a great event planner who will be in charge of event logistics User: Lomoraronald User: Sandra_Aceng
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high-quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- The participants shall be taken through training for a day that shall later emerge into an editathon and help those with moderate and no skills to be at the same stage to hence create a bigger impact together
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- The participants shall be checked on social media with a competitive aspect of a winner getting a prize for the best-created number of articles.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- We shall be running an in-person training with 10 participants
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This event shall be in collaboration with the OpenstreetMap community of South Sudan to help expand some of the articles collected into referenced data for a map to be created siting some of the major areas with high Human rights cases in South Sudan and this data can be made available for policymakers and civil rights organizations
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 5
- Number of participants 20 in 2 shifts of 10
- Number of new editors 20
- Number of articles created or improved 100
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 20
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have a human resource, who shall help in mobilization and training and facilitating the training
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- We need resources (Funds) for the internet and space to cater for the 5 series of the training and editathon combo
Budget List: 1. Space/Venue 500USD 2. Internet 500USD 3. Local Transportation 300USD 4. Snacks/Lunch/Refreshments 700USD
(Due to the expensive rate of items in Juba, I would love you to understand our stakes of the Budget)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!