Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikigite in Tuscany
We want to promove monuments, wiki loves monuments and free culture in Tuscany. In May we tried sucessfully a new format in Italy for wikigite (wikitrip). Before the wikigite was focused for photographers, instead in the wikigita in Montecatini in May the target was any individual who wants to discover our territory. In this way we involve many new people. People can discover their towns and monuments them close. Our goal is to spread culture and art to anyone and we are lucky in Tuscany we have many beautiful towns. In these events we let know the wikimedia projects as well and we naturally invite them to take the pictures for the contest Wiki loves monuments too.
- 8 trips in Tuscany
- 50 participants every trip (totally 400 people involve)
- 20 new people will attend an other wikimedia event (workshop, course, editathon) within 6 months
- Let know monument to people
- New pictures on Commons
- Letting know about Wikimedia e WLM
- Geting happy municipal councils because their monuments are valued
- Getting better partership with municicapl councils for coming events
- Increasing followers in our social networks channels for coming events.
1. What is your promotion plan?
- We want organize 8 wikigite (each Saturday and Sunday in September) in 8 different places.
The trip is organize in collaboration with town councils and they offer us a free guide. The tour spends 1-2 hours and we explain Wikimedia projects and Wiki loves monuments as well.
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We have accounts in social networks for wikipedians in Tuscany and a Wikimedia regional mailing-list. Town councils we support us for promotion and we want to send press realeases to local newspepers.
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
- Yes, our group we organize trips, conferences, editathons in last years.
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- The partecipants to join the trip must sign up, so we have emails. We use email to suggest to uploads images and invite them to next Wikimedia events in Tuscany. We not want dissipate the human resource but we want get in touch by emails of social networks in the next months.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
In wikigita in Montecatini Terme we was more 100 people but we split the group in two because is a problem a too big group. So we want limit the participants at 50 each trip. At the end of September we will involte over 400 people. 400 people will know who we are and what we do to promote free culture, in addition they will discover monuments, art and local history. We are confident 5% (20 people) will join us next Wikipedia course or editathon within a year. The news about wiki loves monuments will reach even more people because a lot of people will read about us in local newspapers and in Facebook ads.
We are for sure three wikipedian volunteers:Davide Pedalà, Luca Landucci, Chiara Beni.
- Davide Pedalà, education coordinator in Tuscany, he helped in editathons organization.
- Chiara Beni, newcomer, she attended at an editathon and she will attend in Wikimania in Stockholm.
- Landucci organized others trips and editathons, now he is a member of board of Wikimedia Italia
In each tour the city coucil offer us a free guide and free promotion in their channes. We got this points in the last years so we know we can get again for free.
In Montecatini we spent 202.26$ in Facebook Ads and we got 112 people (they must sign up, so we have phone number o email address). The cost for every partecipant was 1.8$
1.8 x 50 participants x 8 trips = 720$ for promotion in Facebook Ads.
We need a designer in order to create a poster model (we need change just place and time for every trip) to spread in social networks and in Facebook ads. The cost we prevent is 50€.
720$ + 50€ (56$) = 776$ or 690€
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- A great proposal from a very expert user--Ferdi2005 (Posta) 21:09, 15 July 2019 (UTC)
- I will help in this project.Kaspo (talk) 13:15, 16 July 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support This project is really important for Tuscany and italian cultural heritage as aa best practice. I endorse the project! Carla Colombati 8:55, 29 July 2019 (UTC)
- Support Large organization, great results, useful to show the impact of WLM to decision makers in other Italian regions. Pietro (talk) 20:39, 29 July 2019 (UTC)
- It's a good opportunity to enlarge the community, the philosophy of free culture and find new ideas Ettorre (talk) 13:49, 30 July 2019 (UTC)
- Support Un'ottima proposta per valorizzare il patrimonio e diffonderne la conoscenza ai più. Anastasianespoli