Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia Egypt UG/Wiki Loves Africa
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add more images about occupations in our country and improve articles by integrating these images in their related articles or creating articles for non existing articles on occupations in our country.
- Recruit and train new editors through the various photo expeditions and upload sessions.
- Engage existing editors to contribute to Commons and other sister projects.
- Create awareness about the Wikimedia movement and its activities.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community? Wiki Loves Africa 2017 in Egypt will focus on photo shooting activities. Pictures uploaded on Commons will be used to illustrate and improve articles related to the Egyptian and African work world on the other Wikimedia platforms. This will further add value to the daily work of the men and women of Egypt and Africa.
2. How will you let people know about the contest? We will invite Wiki Loves Monuments and Wiki loves Earth participants to join the photo contest by posting invitations on their user talk pages. We will contact them on Arabic Wikipedia and FB contest pages. We will also use banners to advertise the contest to local Wikipedia readers, and promote it on our Facebook page.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes? We will have a panel of judges who will set criteria for best images and use these as a basis to select the best images for local awards.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects? This contest will help make sure that images from WLM get used in articles.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants : 25
- Number of photos uploaded: 1000
- Number of new users: 10
- 4 months after the contest, 200 of photos are used on wiki projects
- 4 months after the event, 50 of uploaded photos are categorized as valued, quality or featured.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
The project team will benefit from the support of the User Group.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|S/N||Item||Quantity||Unit Cost (EGP)||Total cost (EGP)||Total cost (USD)||Notes|
|1 Day of Photo walks/shoots|
|1||Vehicle hire + Fuel||1||3540||200||A vehicle will be hired for transportation of team during the photo-walk|
|2||Food and refreshments||30||2655||150||30 participants for the photo-walk|
|1 Days Upload Sessions/Workshops|
|3||Co-work space Rental||1||1770||100|
|4||Internet SIM card renewing||1||300||17||1 unit hot spot for the use of other participants|
|5||Snacks and Refreshments||30||1770||100||Planning for 30 participants per day|
|Other project costs|
|6||Contest prizes||4||-||12390||700||1st prize = 250, 2nd = 200, 3rd = 150, 4th =100|
|7||Certificates printing and frames for participants||10||5310||300||Certificates of participation will be given to the first ten winners|
|8||Marketing flyers||-||-||1770||100||including printing a banner for the event and making ads on FB page|
|9||Gifts for Jury members||3||3540||200|
|-||TOTAL PROJECT COST||1||-||33046||1,867||**Forex rate used is $1 = 17.7, provided by the Central Bank of Egypt|