Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia Ghana User Group/Art+Feminism 2019
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
The desired result of this project is to teach new recruits how to edit Wikipedia and they will practice with gender topics in the month Art+Feminism 2019 campaign.
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
Our plan is to do 4 editathons on 4 Saturdays in March
|02 March 2019||
|09 March 2019||
|16 March 2019||
|23 March 2019||
|30 March 2019||
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Members of the user group will be informed via our mailing and Whatsapp group
- Newly recruited members at re:publica Accra will be invited to join this programme via emails they registered with.
- A general invitation will be sent to the public via our social media channels.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
Only participants with computers will be admitted into the program. We will support them with internet, workshop facilities and instructional materials.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)? They have the option to join the user group as members and we can take it from there.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
We are seeking funding for the snacks and internet from Art+Feminism directly. In any case where that is approved, we will refund what was taken from the rapid grant.
Our goals will be met if we able to meet the following:
|Number of events||5|
|Number of participants||40|
|Number of new editors||20|
|Number of of articles created or improved||100|
|Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)||N/A|
|Data||Data for event days and volunteers on the project||104|
|Food & drink||–||500|
|Transport for volunteers & facilitators||–||229|
|Phone calls||Communication between event volunteers and facilitators||29|
|Venue||30 March will be in Kumasi another city and for now, we need to budget for space though we are looking a partner hub who may do it for free.||77|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support I endorse this grant because I believe we have a lot of work to do in getting more notable women from Ghana on Wikipedia. And it also gives us a unique opportunity to recruit new members into our User Group. Owula kpakpo (talk) 13:27, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support because shared knowledge is a continuous process requiring active and dedicated members participation, this is an opportunity nurture such members Enock4seth (talk) 20:55, 6 February 2019 (UTC)