Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia Nigeria Foundation/Wiki Loves Africa 2020
Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Add more images about the theme (TRANSPORTATION) in our country and improve articles by integrating these images in their related articles or creating articles for non-existing articles on transportation in our country.
- Recruit and train new editors through the various photo expeditions, upload sessions and edit-a-thons.
- Engage existing editors to contribute to Commons and other sister projects.
- Create awareness about the Wikimedia movement and its activities.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- As a very diverse group, we plan to involve some of our Fan Clubs ( see the list below) for the Photo-hunt
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- Transportation: This is the chosen theme by the international organizing team.
3. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- There is a plan to organise editatthons in the above mentioned 7 cities where images submitted will be used.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high-quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, they do.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We plan to use the project to create more activities in all our hubs and Fan Clubs. So Small-size Photo Hunt, Upload session and Editathon will be organised in all the institutions where we have our presence.
- We are proposing a partnership arrangement with the Federal Ministry of Transportation in Nigeria for information about road networks in Nigeria and other assistance that will help to fulfil our overall objectives.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more: Number of participants
- At least 20 per city
Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons
- At least 1000 quality images
Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects
- At least 100 images
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Human Resources:
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Launch- Lagos= 262.29
- Catering- Lagos= 245.70
- Printings= 150
- Main Prizes= 358.41
Sub Total= 1016.40
- Photo Hunt, Uploads and Editathon= 163.93 USD by 7= 983.60 USD
- Wiki Fan Club- University of Ibadan, Oyo State
- Wiki Fan Club-University of Ilorin/Hub, Kwara State
- Wiki Fan Club- Ekiti State University, Ekiti State
- Wiki Fan Club- Federal Universty of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- Wiki Fan Club- Lagos State University
- Wiki Hub- Abuja
Grand Total= 2000 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!