Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group/Purchase of Equipments (Cameras)
Please see the sample Equipment application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal. For example, if you want to add content on a specific subject.
- Add and/or improve content on Wikimedia projects.
- Engage existing editors and/or content creators.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content gaps will you be filling with the equipment?
- Photography of all types. Taking of pictures of all types ranging from events, photowalks, culture, buildings, notable women etc. All these pictures will be taken and uploaded to Wikimedia commons to document about places, things, persons etc in our community Cameroon.
2. What activities will you organize in the next 6 months to create content and use it on Wikimedia projects?
- Photowalks will be the most activities in the next 6 months to create content on Wikimedia projects. Aside that, other activities such as Wiki Loves Africa and other events will also be used as a way of adding more content to commons.
3. How will the equipment be shared/tracked/cared for by members of your community?
- So far, we have 2 main locations (which are far apart in different regions in the country) that need this equipments (Yaounde/Doula and Buea) but we will start with Buea for now then see how the project turns out then request for another in the other sections of the country. The Cameras will be under the keeping of the UG founders. Anytime we need to use this equipment, we inform the others and then use it and in case someone else in the UG wants to also use the device, we inform the UG and sign it out to him/her then when it's returned, we also make sure to alert the founders of the UG.
4. How long will the equipment be used, and by whom?
- The equipment will be used for as long as they exist and they are fine (as we will keep it well) and can be used by any member of the User Group but will be strictly under the supervision of the UG founders. But mostly, we (the founders of the UG) will be the most persons to use these equipments.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Yes. The type of camera we want can be seen here on eBay. Buying a complete set will be very useful since it will be multi-purpose and will accomplish most of the activities we will be carrying out when getting content on commons.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of photos uploaded = 600 pictures (for the next 6 months i.e. 100 pictures / month)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- In Buea and the English region of Cameroon, I (Alangi Derick) will mainly be the organizer of this project and we don't have any other place to receive support. We depend solely on the WMF to support us on this project. Mostly organizing photowalks to take pictures around; nature, heritage, people, notable icons, restaurants and building etc. Will organise also session where we execute in group and people photograph.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 1 Cameras (Canon EOS 80D) = $750 USD
- Estimated shipping fee = $100 USD (if bought on eBay)
- Estimated bank charges = $50 USD
- Total = $900 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!