Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedistas de Colombia/Wiki Loves Earth Colombia 2019
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Collect quality pictures of Colombia's natural heritage
- Recruit new contributors to Wikimedia
- Engage existing Wikimedia contributors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The focus of the contest are photos of the Colombia's natural heritage, that is the protected natural areas and parks. Colombia is one of the most biodiverse countries in the world, and we want to depict that in the Wikimedia projects. There is a lack of content on the natural areas and its inhabitants (animals, plants, landscape).
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- People will know about this project through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and a banner in the Wikimedia projects, before and during the development of the contest. Also across our social media, channels and mailing list.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- The group will elect a jury that will award the prizes based on the contest's criteria.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- There are still a lot of places in Colombia with too few or none photos on Commons. We will give a special award for the best photo of a place like this. So there is a big potential to use those photos on the Wikimedia Projects
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- There is the first time we run the contest in Colombia.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: At least 50 (this number is based on our last contest)
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: At least 500
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia project: 50
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Prizes for winners
- First place: 300.000 COP Linio e-gift card + 50.000 COP Librería Nacional Gift card
- Second place: 150.000 COP Linio e-gift card + 50.000 COP Librería Nacional Gift card
- Third place: 150.000 COP Linio e-gift card + 50.000 COP Librería Nacional Gift card
- Total cost of main prizes: 750.000 COP
Also we will give two small prizes:
- Prize for uploading the largest number of photos on Commons - Librería Nacional 50 000 COP Gift card
- Price for the best photo from a protected area that has few or none photos in Commons - Librería Nacional 50 000 COP Gift card
- Total cost of small prizes: 100.000 COP
Also we will cover some expenses of the user group with this grant:
- Reimbursement for 3 year of hosting - 71.64 USD (222.952 COP aprox.)
- Reimbursement for registration of the Association in the Chamber of Commerce in 2018 - 154.250 COP
- Reimbursement for renovation of the Association for 2019 - 46.800 COP
- Total cost: 424,002 COP
While we'll use Wikipedia's sitenotice as our main advertisement hub, we plan to use Facebook ads for showcasting the contest and our group.
- Facebook ads: 100 000 COP
- Twitter ads: 100 000 COP
- Instagram ads: 100 000 COP
- Total cost in ads: 300 000 COP
- Logistic costs
- Extra margin (bank fees, other unknown expenses): 10%
- Librería Nacional Gift cards for the jury as a thanks for their help: 150.000 COP (50.000 COP each)
- Total logistic costs: $1,724,002 + 10% ($172,400 COP)
- TOTAL $1,896,402 COP (611 USD aprox)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!