Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos Contest at University of Ilorin
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest will focus on adding photos from Wikimedia Commons to Wikipedia article without images. This contest will improve the editing capabilities of volunteer editors in my community, as it will enable them to have an understanding of Wikimedia Commons, Licences, Copyrights and how to add pictures to Wikipedia.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We will inform people by sharing information about the contest on the community WhatsApp group and also sharing it to members of the University community through campus media platforms.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- Contest participants will be responsible for tracking and scoring their work on the main contest page. They will list each article they have worked on and keep track of their score. This is the scoring system we are using: one point will be given for each photo added to an article.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects? A tool for identifying articles without photos have been developed and we will be sourcing photos from Wiki loves Africa, Wiki loves monument, Wiki loves earth and other pictures from Wikimedia Commons.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
This project provides an opportunity for the Wikimedia community to grow stronger. No offline (in-person) activities will be organized in terms of this project.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants - 50
- Number of photos added to Wikipedia articles - 1000
- Number of photos uploaded to Commons - 50
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Timmylegend: Project Lead
- Godstime Elijah: Logistics Manager
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Prizes (Worth of assorted merchandise such as flash drives, memory cards, shirts, powerbanks, internet data etc. for top 10 Over-all winners) - NGN 175,000 | $573.77
- Unexpected expense and logistical expense - NGN 25,000 | $81.96
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Godstime Elijah (talk) I think this project is timely and will help to engage our community members
- This project will be a good way to ensure that members of the Unilorin Wikimedia continue actively contributing during this period in the absence of physical meetups Bilijin (talk) 17:03, 30 May 2020 (UTC)