Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Socialize with community members
- Organize a community project
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
Active editors from our user group want to have a monthly meetup for a variety of reasons. We also want to host the monthly meetups so that our community has a chance to socialize offline. We find that meeting offline for social events helps us collaborate better on Wiki projects.
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
We did a wiki session training meetup focused on writing skills last year that was hosted by the Swastik Enterprises for New active user. We get 10 active editors.
- How will you let participants know about the meeting? We invite in meetup regarding our local language Meetup and also update then in our page facebook.com/Maithiliwikimedians
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
We will follow-up on social media networks and we will do online edit-a-than on special area,subject and topics and offline regular meetup.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
We request you to provide regular training, editing, and social activities to support our growing communities. Regular events will help build a sense of community and meet the needs of our more experienced editors.
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants 200
- Number of events: 10
- Number of people who will help organize the event 4
- Food & beverage = $10/meetup x 20 people x 10 meetups = 1000 USD
- Bus/train tickets to reimburse participants for travel to/from meeting (if needed) = $10 x 4 people x 10 = $400
- Contingency funds = $ 595
Total: 1,995 USD