This Wikimedia Participation Support request was funded in the fiscal year 2014-15. A report is available.
I am an active Wikimedian editing Kannada and Tulu Wikipedias. I was an active participant of the Wikipedia editathons conducted at our college, St Agnes College, Mangaluru, which is a women's college. These editathons were organised to address the gender gap in Kannada Wikipedia. Later on I took initiative to create Wikiwomen Mangaluru and organised meetups and editathons. I would like to give a talk on my experiences in doing these. Abstract of my talk is here.
Goal and expected impact
The conference will be attended by the people who are active in the area of open source, open knowledge and community activities. By interacting with these people I will gain a lot by listening to their experiences. This will help me in improving my further activities in this area. Participants will also benefit by listening to my talk.
Total funding needed is INR 17250.
Beakup of the amounts in INR
- Event registration - 500
- Travel - 4,000
- Accommodation - 10,500
- Local travel - 1,050
- Food - 1,200
Total = INR 17,250 (USD 253)
Due to vacations I was in a remote village without connectivity and hence could not make this request much earlier. I don't need any assistance in booking the tickets. I may be able to manage to spend now and claim it later if the funding is guaranteed and reimbursements is assured.
- This request is definitely worthy of approval. Dhanalakshmi has shown enthusiasm and leadership during her Wiki journey by organising Meet-up and participation in WCI and other events. Lahariyaniyathi (talk) 10:01, 13 January 2017 (UTC)
- Dhanalakshmi .K. T is a wonderful editor and I also feel her participation may add a lot of value.
A request I put on every TPS I support, please share your experience and knowledge with community members in form of report, blog posts etc. Regards and all the best. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 10:05, 13 January 2017 (UTC)
- Dhanalakshmi is a very enthusiastic Wikipedian working towards bridging the gender gap in Kannada and Tulu Wikipedias. She has taken initiative to develop a team of women Wikipedians at Mangaluru. She has participated in TTT at CIS Bengaluru and WCI2016 at Chandigarh. I strongly recommend WMF to support her so that she can benefit by interacting with like minded people.--Pavanaja (talk) 12:30, 16 January 2017 (UTC)
- I support Grants:TPS/Dhanalakshmi.K.T to attend the conference. She is a active Women Wikipedians at Managaluru.--Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 16:36, 17 January 2017 (UTC)
- Yes, she deserves for patronizing,it would encourage this young wikipedian. -BHARATHESHA ALASANDEMAJALU (talk) 18:06, 17 January 2017 (UTC).
- I support Grants:TPS/Dhanalakshmi.K.T to attend the conference. She is a active Women in kannada Wikipedians at mangalore-Lokesha kunchadka (talk) 03:12, 18 January 2017 (UTC)
- Yes, I support Dhanalakshmi K.T to attend the conference and present a paper. she deserves for patronizing,it would encourage this young wikipedian. -Kishorekumarrai (talk) 05:24, 18 January 2017 (UTC)