Grants:Wikimedia Ghana UG Social Media Week
Jump to navigation Jump to search
please add a title
budget (USD)please add the amount you are requesting (USD)
Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Introduce participants to Wikipedia
- Recruit new editors
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- Our community has a mandate to promote Wikimedia projects. We take whatever opportunity we get to do so. Social Media Week is a global event that has come to Accra. Organisers approached us to hold a session at the conference.
- Organiser want us to come and interact with businesses, bloggers, social media users on how they can benefit from Wikipedia and so on. The user group wants to use the opportunity to reorient participants on what Wikipedia is and clear up the misconceptions of the use of the wiki for PR purposes. The use of Wikipedia as people's profiles in Ghana increases by the day and there's evidence of paid editing all around where people think payment means a guarantee of a Wikipedia page.
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- Social Media Week team will be publicizing the session
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants
- Number of people who will help organize the event