Grants talk:IEG/Women Scientists Workshop Development/Renewal/Final
Congratulations, and two questions about your report
It was such a joy to encounter this project in today's Metrics meeting. You know a grant project has been a success when Aaron Halfaker is compelled to research the inexplicable surge in quality in articles on Women Scientists and then conclude that it's because of the "Keilana Effect." I hope you could hear me (and all of the Grants Team) cheering in San Francisco, all the way from Chicago. :-) Congratulations on conceiving of and completing a project with such outstanding results.
I have a two quick questions before I review this report.
- When I go to the video page, I'm only seeing the first two videos: the Intro and 'Before you start.' I'm not able to see videos for 'First Steps,' 'Organizing a workshop,' 'Workshop flow,' or 'Afterwards.' Do you have any ideas about why this might be?
- In your learning pattern, you refer to a template in the kit. I don't see the template. Can you point me to it?
Looking forward to taking a closer look at everything shortly.
- Dear Marti, thank you so much! Your feedback makes me giggle in delight like Nick Offerman shortly after making a dirty joke. I'm not sure why there are only two videos, I definitely uploaded all of them and checked to see they worked. I'll take another look but I'm as baffled as you are. As for the template - it should be in the appendix, if not, I may need to update the file. All best, Keilana|Parlez ici 03:53, 27 May 2017 (UTC)
- Keilana|Parlez ici, if you also are not finding the missing materials either, is it possible for you to re-upload the videos and template files (as well as any other materials that have gone missing)? I am making this request because the recent Metrics meeting has drawn more attention to this project but people are not able to review your complete body of work. Also, importantly, I have just suggested to two different grantees (this one and this one) that they consider repurposing some of your kit to target substantial and exciting new audiences focused on librarians. I would love for them to be able to access all the work you've done.
- Let me know if this request is feasible for you. I am aware you have other things going on in your life at this point, but I am reaching out anyway because after all of your hard work on this project, it's important to me that it is available for use and re-use. :-)