Grants talk:PEG/ITOCA/Train-the-trainer South Africa workshop/Report
Thank you for the report. Please answer this question on the report page itself.
Did you send documentation of all expenses paid with grant funds to grants at wikimedia dot org, according to the guidelines here? Answer "Yes" or "No".
Request for reallocation
For all requests for reallocation for amounts over US$ 500 or its equivalent in local currency, you are required to submit a new grant request following the instructions here: Grants:Index/Submit_request, or return the unused funds to WMF. Please let us know immediately what you would like to do, and feel free to contact us with questions about this. Regards, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 18:53, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
- We have sent an email inquiry to WMF.--ITOCA-SA (talk) 10:47, 11 March 2013 (UTC)
A few questions about this report
- Please provide us with access to the result's of your survey. If you cannot provide this publicly, you may share it with the Grants Team by Email (grants at wikimedia dot org).
- You state, "We will consider the project a success if at least 75% of the participants deliver at least one training event within three months of the end of the central training." Was this measure actually achieved? From your report, it is unclear.--ITOCA-SA (talk) 10:50, 11 March 2013 (UTC)
We have continued to encourage participants to train others at their institutions. However, as stated before the project was delayed and the workshop was held towards the year end. Most institutions represented at the workshop close by the 1st to 2nd week of December and reopen mid-January with student registrations lasting into mid-March. This is one of the main reasons why the 75% training may have not been achieved. We propose that WMF allows us to run a further evaluation after 3-4 months which is around June 2013, so as to obtain all these details of the trainings that the participants have managed to do.--ITOCA-SA (talk) 10:50, 11 March 2013 (UTC)
- Can you provide us with the number of training events that have been held by trainees in their respective institutions?
- In order to assess the reach of this project, could you estimate the number of people who attended these trainings held by these participants?
- Please share specifically what specific countries in Africa and Asia expressed interest in this program. We would love to hear more about that!
- Ghana, Uganda, Rwanda, Sri Lanka and Asia(not specified).--ITOCA-SA (talk) 10:50, 11 March 2013 (UTC)
We are moving this report to "Incomplete" since you cannot yet respond to the questions above and we cannot therefore evaluate the project as a whole. We would like you to conduct this evaluation in order to provide answers to these questions. After this information is provided, we will re-open this report for review. In the mean time, we do expect access to the survey answers and documentation of the expenditures to be submitted to us immediately by Email. Best, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 17:42, 13 March 2013 (UTC)
Changes to the report
We see there have been some changes to the report from an anonymous IP editor, and that you are now reporting a less spending and a greater amount remaining; was this due to a previous miscalculation? Would you mind clarifying and verifying that the changes were made by a representative of ITOCA? Thanks, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 17:58, 14 March 2013 (UTC)
Report accepted, but remittance still due
Thank you, this report is now accepted. We wish you had consulted us about the second survey's content, as it seems to be asking a lot of less relevant questions, and not enough relevant ones.
Please note, however, that the request for reallocation was not approved, and that my answer on that talk page was given before the scheduled start time (Aug 1st). This was 4 days after you had assured us (over e-mail dated July 22nd) that you would be monitoring the request's talk page for our decision. It seems you have not, and so did not see my response.
In recognition of this unfortunate misunderstanding and your general good-faith engagement with us so far, the best we can do is to offer that ITOCA keep half the request amount, i.e. 1045 US dollars, and remit the other half to WMF according to these instructions. Asaf Bartov (WMF Grants) talk 01:17, 4 September 2013 (UTC)