Grants talk:PEG/Irvin Stotomas/Wikipedia Takes Rinconada/Report
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Comments from WMF
Hi Filipinayzd. Thanks so much for this great report and all your efforts on the project. We have a few follow-up questions and look forward to your responses:
- It sounds like you did a lot of work to promote the contest, and you should be proud of the number of participants and their achievements. Were some of the promotion strategies more effective than others? What would you do differently in the future?
- Hello KHarold (WMF) . Social media, Facebook in particularly, reached many people including the locals and photography enthusiasts. The print media was also utilized to inform the public about the contest. We tried every possible means of reaching people including the traditional way of sending and personally giving letters invitation to institutions and groups. As we expected, the call may have reached them but only a handfull responded. Most of those who attended were individuals who we have known before, either through organizational networks or through friends. I would focus more on inviting people within my networks and their networks if I would do this again.
- Have you followed up with the new users - have any continued to contribute?
- Yes, in fact, participants attended the follow-up activities. The participants who joined the photo walk activity initiated by the City, would not upload the photographs at Meta. However, three participants actually told us they would be joining again if there will be another contest happening anywhere in the region. In June, back in Naga, we attempted to conduct a monthly Wiki Tutorial as an initative of the organizers to have follow up activities. But, it did not go well because of our different schedules and priorities. Also last May Maffeth and I had a meet up with Jojit and Belle in Mandaluyong for some discussion regarding the project and the reporting, aside from other matters.
- I see that you posted a reallocation request on Meta in January 2016 to use money from the grant that was left after the contest ended. In the future, you should wait for approval from a program officer before using remaining funds. If we do not respond to a request on a talk page, please send us an email.
- We could have used the remaining fund for the monthly Wiki Tutorial program. Yes, I will. Thanks.
- You have $54 remaining from the grant. Please let us know if you want to use this money to host an editing event or a community meetup. If you have no plans for additional events, please follow these instructions to return remaining funds.
- Since 2017 is an important year to the community because Bikol Wikipedia will be turning 10, we want to conduct a 2-day conference using the Philippine WikiConference format.
- Please send us your reciepts and expense documentation so that we can approve your report and close this grant.