Grants talk:PEG/WM TW/Editing Wikipedia Chinese Edition Print Out
Evaluation by the GAC
GAC Members who read the grant request without comments
GAC Members who approve this grant request
- -- Roel (talk) 23:56, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
- Relatively small amount of money involved, and having physical brochures available in the language of participants at outreach events etc is more than worthwhile. Kevin (talk) 15:38, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
GAC Members who oppose this grant request
GAC Members who abstain from voting/comment
Please confirm that the "key organizers" you plan to send the brochures to are the Seed of Taiwan Knowledge Campus Ambassadors. We want to make sure the brochures go to committed Wikipedians who will be able to utilize them in workshop settings. Alex Wang (WMF) (talk) 21:43, 2 July 2014 (UTC)
We've done these at 2014-8-22 (UTC+8)
- A draft of questionnaire has been developed. We will check if it helps us to get useful information later.
- We've asked several printing houses for their price. We'll choose one before 25th Aug.
- In order to make sure picture in the book are localized, there will be a workshop for editing the book at 24th Aug.
The PEG "Editing Wikipedia Chinese Edition Print Out" applied by Wikimedia Taiwan is originally expected to be completed before August 31. But we have a problem that will delay us. For localization, we tried to get some screenshot of Chinese Wikipedia yesterday. But we found that the quality of the screenshots are too low in print-out standard. We are trying to solve this problem by using different hardware or software. It may takes some days delay. We are wondering are you tried with iMac for the clear screenshot? The resolution is so high and the layout of the browser didn't go off. We would like to take the screenshot in Chinese Wikipedia, but it's not successful yet. The layout goes off all the time. Just like this one.
We also heard that WMF will release a new booklet next week, which basically changes only the cover of the Editing Wikipedia brochure. Therefore, we want to postpone the agenda we proposed in the PEG meta page, till the new cover post online so we could use the latest design to printout.
Another request, we originally planned to spend 15000 NTD (about 500 USD) printing 300 brochures. The price is estimated by averaging price posted on webs from 3 different online printing service. After asking more printing houses, we found a cheaper price. We can print 500 with the same amount of money. Could we print more copies by the same budget? Or we can just print 300 copies, and return the remaining money. We think that printing more copies will be useful to expand community in Taiwan.
- Hi, Shangkuanlc! I've moved your request here to the talk page for your grant request from this page to make sure it's seen and responded to. Cheers, Winifred Olliff (FDC Support Team) talk 16:55, 27 August 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you Winifred Olliff (FDC Support Team) for this action. I just found out that I didn't specify for the time of the extension, we want to extend the time to the end of October, 2014. Thank you. Liang(WMTW) (talk) 18:12, 7 October 2014 (UTC)