Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Empowering African schools with Kiwix/Report
Thank you for this quality report, and for your work in Senegal. It is good to learn that you made even more useful contacts than you expected, due to the timing of your work around the final exams. It was also fascinating to learn about some of the challenges you encountered, including the lack of enthusiasm around the Raspberry Pi, and the use of Facebook as an effective method for sharing reporting. This is a complex and challenging project, and we have a few follow up questions:
- Can you tell me more about the reporting procedure you put in place for the 2016-2017 school year, and your plan to evaluate the use of USB drives in schools? Do you have this evaluation plan documented anywhere, and where will you share the results?
- A questionnaire will be sent by email to the participants of the presentation/training sessions. The answers will be collated and available as part of this project report.
- Do you have any plans for following up with the community of Commons users in Thiès?
- My main contact had to leave for a one-year mission in another country, we will pursue the activities in Thiès on his return.
- Thanks for sharing that the workshops went so well. Can you offer some information about the key points that were covered in the trainings with teachers? This information could be useful to others running similar projects. Is the content of these trainings documented anywhere where others can access it?
- Work in progress. This will be documented as well.
- Now that you have shipped the Raspberry Pi, do you have a plan in place for evaluating its use on the naval base? How will you share the results?
- The Raspberry Pi has not been shipped. I am in the process of redefining the scope of the Raspberry Pi project, and will probably apply for another grant to finish developing it. I will also add that to my report.
Finally, can you please provide an update for this report, which includes the final amount spent and remaining, now that the Raspberry Pi has shipped, and send the receipts along to me and Janice? We will need this before accepting this report.
- The report will be updated before March 30th (the deadline for Wikimania proposals) GastelEtzwane (talk) 16:34, 15 March 2017 (UTC)
- @GastelEtzwane: Apologies for the long delay in finalizing the review of your report. I've nominally approved this report with the understanding that you will be returning the remaining funds that you've been discussing with us over e-mail. Once we receive of these funds, we can approve any other requests you might have for funding. If you'd like to start drafting a request before then, you are certainly welcome to. Thanks for your work Gabriel! I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 18:27, 30 May 2017 (UTC)