Jump to content

User talk:Wolliff (WMF)

Add topic
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Latest comment: 5 years ago by Modjou in topic Annual Plan Grants questions

Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | ပအိုဝ်ႏဘာႏသာႏ | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | Qaraqalpaqsha | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | ລາວ | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | Norfuk / Pitkern | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ꠍꠤꠟꠐꠤ | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча / tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha / ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Welcome to Meta!


Hello Wolliff (WMF), and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!

-- 20:15, 21 May 2011 (UTC)

Brazilian pages movement


Hi, you have moved Brazilian pages and didn't fix all subpages I was working on. May you, please, fix it? I need finish a work until tomorrow and I don't have time to fix this. Thanks, --Tom (talk) 17:28, 1 March 2012 (UTC)Reply

A temporary solution would be to move as it was, then later (in the beginning of next week) we move all of them to a pattern we all may agree. --Tom (talk) 17:36, 1 March 2012 (UTC)Reply

Hi, Tom. The main landing page for Brazil was moved to "Brazil Program" at Barry's request. I probably won't have the time to move all the subpages today either, but I am happy to move the ones you are working on specifically if you let me know where they are. Sorry for the confusion - I definitely should have left a message for you on your talk page about the move. Wolliff (talk) 17:42, 1 March 2012 (UTC)Reply

Re: Grants talk:Domusaurea/Wikipedia Academy


Hi, Winifred! Thanks for your message. Jessie informed me about the correct procedure and I already began the application on the regular grant - here. Should I just delete that page? (Sorry for the inconvenience, it's the first time I apply for this.) Domusaurea (talk) 01:31, 25 April 2012 (UTC)Reply

Your user pages


Hi Winifred,

I've boldly made some tweaks to your user page both here on Meta-Wiki and at wmf:User:Wolliff on the Foundation wiki. One of the features of the {{user info}} template is so that you can simply copy and paste the template onto this wiki to have the same user page on both wikis. I've done this for you now and also made the links work so that will link from the Foundation wiki to here on Meta-Wiki.

If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a message here and if you'd like to make any changes to your user page, let me know - I'm more than happy to help out!

Best, The Helpful One 00:18, 17 May 2012 (UTC)Reply

Touched by your thanks


Hi Wolliff, I am touched by your thanks. Working for Wikimedia is great ! Congratulations for your task. Regards --Cquoi (talk) 20:05, 14 August 2012 (UTC)Reply

Thanks for the reply, Cquoi. Please feel free to send your shipping information and shirt size to grants at wikimedia dot org, so we can send you a thank you gift. I hope you continue to contribute translations on Meta - we do appreciate it! Wolliff (talk) 21:48, 14 August 2012 (UTC)Reply

Am glad.


Thank you for the note on my talk page. I will keep translating till another thank you note is posted:-). I have also sent the Email to grants(_AT_)wikimedia.org with my address details as per your request. ₫ӓ₩₳ Talk to Me. Email Me. 10:59, 15 August 2012 (UTC)Reply

Thanks fro the reply, Stephen. We got your note too! Wolliff (talk) 17:28, 15 August 2012 (UTC)Reply

Re:Thank you for your translations


Dear Wolliff & the Wikimedia Grants Team, thanks very much for your nice message and appreciation. It put a smile on my face. I look forward to those changes in the next few weeks, and will try to assist as best as I can. Salam, Naval Scene (talk) 03:53, 24 August 2012 (UTC)Reply

Re: Thank you for your translations


Dear Wolliff & the Wikimedia Grants Team,

I would like to extend my thanks for your message and the news update! I've also emailed grants at wikimedia dot org.

kawaii♥bot (talk) 13:46, 27 August 2012 (UTC)Reply

A note and a smile


Dear Winifred, I've run across a few comments from you recently that made me smile and give thanks for your kindness and patience. SJ talk  21:20, 5 November 2012 (UTC)Reply

I wanted to give you a Barnstar!

FDC special barnstar

This is to recognize your great support in making the first round of the FDC a success!


Jan-Bart (talk) 21:21, 15 November 2012 (UTC)Reply


How to use HotCat

Hey Winifred, here's a little expert tip for you -- I noticed you had a little trouble assigning the proper category. Well, there's a MUCH easier way to add or edit categories, that will hopefully make your life easier! I made a short instructional video about it a while back >>> over there >>> You can skip ahead to about 2:20 to get past the intro stuff you already know. Hope this helps! -Pete F (talk) 00:47, 8 December 2012 (UTC)Reply

Comments on Philippine WikiCon 2012 Report


Good Day! I am one of the participants in the Philippine WikiCon 2012. I have some comments regarding the Philippine WikiCon 2012 Report and the Philippine WikiCon 2012 itself. May I have your email address? Thanks a lot. --Filipinayzd (talk) 05:20, 12 December 2012 (UTC)Reply

Here is 5th Bikol Wikipedia Day: Aldaw nin Talingkas na Ensiklopedya project report, funded by Wikimedia Philippines under "Microgrant". --Filipinayzd (talk) 08:57, 28 June 2013 (UTC)Reply

WMAT WikiCon Grant 2012


Hi Winifred,

I just saw your edit on the WMAT WikiCon Grant Report 2012 [1]. The remaining funds have been transferred on November 23rd, 2012 - € -2,342.18 - comment: "RETURN OF RESERVES FROM WIKICON GRANT - THANK YOU VERY MUCH EUR 2.336,73 GBP 1.885,27". --Manuel Schneider(bla) (+/-) 09:06, 2 February 2013 (UTC)Reply

Hi, Manuel: thanks for the comment. While WM AT has sent the funds, WMF could not verify that we have received them. I've been in touch with WM AT to request a document confirming the transfer so that we may locate the funds and resolve the matter speedily. I'll update the report as soon as receipt of the funds is confirmed. Cheers, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk
WMF confirms receipt in the amount of 1885.27 GBP, equal to EUR 2336.73 at the time of the transfer. There was some confusion caused because the funds were converted from EUR to GBP at the time of receipt. The report has been updated to reflect receipt of the funds! Cheers, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 01:17, 9 February 2013 (UTC)Reply

Look out for St. George

This user is a WikiDragon: making massive, bold edits everywhere.

:) Asaf Bartov (WMF Grants) talk 19:23, 13 February 2013 (UTC)Reply



Hiya Winifred, I wanted to ask about something that might be creating a mess, but I'm not sure if I should direct the query to you or not. I saw a lot of the new grant related templates are being used, some of the new templates are pulling categories from the template itself. A lot of those are all over the place since the category themselves don't exist. For example look here- [2] see the categories at the bottom are red and they are pulled from the template and can't be modified. It's hard for those doing cleanup work and organizing things to fix those, and then you don't want to step on anyone's toes and edit their templates. So, I wanted to ask, would it be a problem to remove that from the template or if possible, better organize so admins etc. don't have a hard time cleaning up? I also understand if that's the new way you'd like to organize things from now on, It would be very appreciated if you can take a look and create those category pages before hand. Thanks. Theo10011 (talk) 20:33, 1 March 2013 (UTC)Reply

Hey, Theo! First, thanks a lot for your work on organizing these pages.
Second, we actually are working on keeping these categories organized. For the "by grantee" categories that are automatically generated, I create the category pages for these manually as requests are being reviewed. It's only necessary to do that for new grantees, since categories for past grantees have already been created and placed in a parent category. In the case of the page you're pointing to, the page was named in a way that doesn't match the naming conventions used when creating that grantee's other grant requests, which is why it showed up with a redlink for the "by grantee" category. I've moved that since, and the problem has been fixed. Thanks for pointing that out!
I'm working on gradually cleaning up some of these categories over time as I have time to create the new category pages: I haven't yet completed this process for every single new automatically generated category. Please be patient with me for just a few more weeks while I continue my work cleaning up the Grants: namespace. I think they should all be finished shortly! I am hoping that these new automatically generated templates will create a useful structure within Grants: that will help the community, the GAC, and WMF staff keep better track of the status of grant requests and reports. We have been giving a lot of thought to these new structures, but they are works in progress and we are still testing them out a bit. I like that they're auto-generated through the templates because this allows us to apply these categories more consistently and with less manual effort / time.
Please let me know if you have any other suggestions about the category structure or these templates, or any questions for me at all about what I'm implementing. Please also feel free also to point out any errors you see in the structure, or let me know if you have suggestions about a particular template, so I can address your concerns.
Thanks again, and best regards! Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 20:53, 1 March 2013 (UTC)Reply
Thanks Winifred! Much appreciated. Actually, you guys have been doing a great job lately with organizing things and setting up a system. I'll try to help if I can, I just hope I don't step on anyone's toes, in case I do, feel free to revert and keep up the good work! Regards. Theo10011 (talk) 20:58, 1 March 2013 (UTC)Reply

Q on WM:NO and WM:HK talkpage


Very good questions. But I think you use wrong figures mentioning 120 % increase, coorect is 20 % increase making the budget to be 120 % of last years.Anders Wennersten (talk) 06:44, 8 March 2013 (UTC)Reply

Yes, Anders! I'll correct this on the talk pages. Cheers, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 16:50, 8 March 2013 (UTC)Reply

re:Thank You


Thanks! I saw the notice later about non-editing the pages, so I stopped but some of the other links to sample grants are also broken at the moment (I checked the one on individual grants, but there might be others). Best, –Bence (talk) 22:39, 21 March 2013 (UTC)Reply

Good point! The templates are designed to prevent people from editing pages having to do with program policy (since those changes need to be made by staff), but procedural edits like correcting broken links or typos are appreciated. Thanks again for the help. Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 22:43, 21 March 2013 (UTC)Reply
Ok, I see, thanks! You might want to check the example forms for chapters and individuals submitting for groups, the preloading settings are off (the live submission forms at the top work, but those use a default name that is not accepted and throws an error, if somebody just wants to see what is on the form). –Bence (talk) 22:58, 21 March 2013 (UTC)Reply
Thanks, I'll check it out! Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 23:00, 21 March 2013 (UTC)Reply

Thanks for all your work on the R2 FDC proposals!


I want to thank you for all the hard work you've been putting into the FDC proposals for Round 2. And you've gone out of your way to help get me, resident newbie, up to speed. You've been very helpful and kind along the way, and I'm grateful for your support! You've been a terrific colleague. Thanks! KLove (WMF) (talk) 16:19, 22 March 2013 (UTC)Reply

Thanks for the note, Katy! It's a genuine pleasure working with you, and you're already doing a terrific job! Cheers, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 16:50, 22 March 2013 (UTC)Reply

Category:Malayalam Wikipedia


Hello. The category Category:Malayalam Wikipedia is empty and only has a red link to a template. Would you like me to add pages to this category, or can it be deleted? Thank you. πr2 (t • c) 16:52, 7 April 2013 (UTC)Reply

Hello, PiRSquared17. I did fix the template on this category, but I believe it was auto-generated by a page that has since been moved; therefore, it can be deleted. Thanks again for your work. Best, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 17:32, 9 April 2013 (UTC)Reply

FDC Round 2 postings


Hi! Because Wikimedia Norway arranged our annual assembly today, we had to post some documents only at this late point since they weren't approved before now. They are posted at the discussion page of our Funds project proposal. Kind regards, Bjoertvedt (talk) 22:19, 7 April 2013 (UTC)Reply

Sochi 2014 Paralympic Games


Hi Winnifred! I haven't heard anything further about my participation support request. I've never done this before, and hope that I have not missed something out. The instructions said that these are normally processed within a couple of weeks. Hawkeye7 (talk) 03:11, 23 April 2013 (UTC)Reply



Dear Winifred, I send you an e-mail with the details about the report. Regards, --ProtoplasmaKid (WM-MX) (talk) 21:14, 16 May 2013 (UTC)Reply

Thanks for the update. Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 21:15, 16 May 2013 (UTC)Reply



Hiya Winifred. There was a recent discussion around here somewhere about namespaces. We noticed that there were more than a few unused, barely active namespaces with little or no explanation. I'm mostly going around asking for my own curiosity. I noticed a 'Participation' namespace that you may or may not have been attached with - Participation:. Can you just give me a little background please? Is it useful to have a separate namespace. We noticed that most if not all separate namespace on Meta get the least amount of attention and generally go ignored. Would it be worth considering to removing that namespace and adding the content to Main? Thanks. Theo10011 (talk) 00:24, 8 June 2013 (UTC)Reply

Hi, Theo! Thanks for the question and for pointing me to the discussion. I don't think it would work to merge this content into Main:. Grants differ a bit from some other types of content on Meta; while Wikis are not an ideal system for administering grants, it's obviously a high priority for us to keep our processes transparent and rooted in wikiculture, and so we do it. Having a separate namespace for grants within Meta does help us, and I believe this namespace will become more active over time. I am certain that having a separate namespace is helpful for grants, but all that said, I'd be happy to consider merging Participation: into the Grants: namespace so that we are only maintaining one separate namespace for grants and reimbursements. What do you think of that solution? Cheers, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 01:27, 8 June 2013 (UTC)Reply
Hiya. Actually I would be opposed to merging grants with mains too. It is one of the few added namespaces that has an actual purpose and visible activity level. My question was only about the Participation: namespace, which none of us knew what it was for. I would suggest deprecation and removal of Participation namespace or even a merge there. It doesn't seem to have much use or activity. Anyway, Thanks for the quick reply. Theo10011 (talk) 02:40, 8 June 2013 (UTC)Reply
To clarify, Participation: is the namespace for our travel reimbursement program, and it is used. (Technically speaking, these are not grants, which is why we didn't place them in the Grants: namespace in the first place, although I think adding this content to the Grants: namespace could be OK now). Since this program is still active, we'd want to plan the timing of this carefully to cause minimal disruption to the program. It's also important to note that this program is not technically run by WMF but by a group of chapters (now including WMDE only, but that group may include other chapters in the future); I would therefore also want to check in with WMDE to make sure they'd be on board with any merge with the Grants: namespace too.
Do you have a sense yet of when we'd like the changes to the existing namespaces to take place? Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 16:54, 10 June 2013 (UTC)Reply
Ohhh this is that Participation grants program! I just remembered from last year and the emails about this. I got it now Winifred, thanks, I know who to check with. I'll let you know when we decide to make any changes, I'm sure it will take its time. ;) Now, I have a much better idea what it was about, I can now proceed with adding a description and contacting the right people. This might still have use so the move would have to be carefully planned. Thanks again for reminding me. Kind regards. Theo10011 (talk) 22:00, 10 June 2013 (UTC)Reply
Great! Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Best, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 00:03, 11 June 2013 (UTC)Reply

Thank you, thank you, once again!


Winifred, I'm so grateful for your help with all things FDC, most recently the Round 1 reports. It took significantly more effort than anticipated, but I hope you feel proud of the deep analysis and the high-level learning that came out of it. I do! As always, I am indebted to you for your great insights and many, many contributions! *Highfive*

Thank you for the kind words, Katy. It's always a pleasure working with the FDC, with you, and with our FDC entities. I am pleased with the results of our first round of quarterly progress reports, and it is a milestone worth celebrating. Cheers, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 19:03, 11 June 2013 (UTC)Reply

Board guidelines for FDC


I was asked a question on my talkpage about the meaning of "Global South." I wanted to link to a directive or guideline that the WMF board gave the FDC within the last few months, which I had seen linked from the FDC Portal (?). It was not the Board's approval of the funding request, but more like "priorities going forward." It seems like a very important document, but now I can't find it.

Any help appreciated.

Smallbones (talk) 13:28, 12 June 2013 (UTC)Reply

Hi, Smallbones: Happy to help.
You can find a definition of Global South countries as used for the Strategic Plan here on Meta: List of Countries by Regional Classification
The Board's guidance to the FDC is on the Wikimedia Foundation wiki: foundation:Minutes/2013-04-18#Guidance for the FDC
Hope this is what you need, but let me know if I can help with anything else. Best, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 20:36, 12 June 2013 (UTC)Reply
Thanks, exactly what I needed. And to think that I was looking for the minutes for hours! Smallbones (talk) 20:49, 12 June 2013 (UTC)Reply
That's too bad. Please don't hesitate to ask in the future, and I'll make sure they're linked to somewhere from the FDC Portal so that others might find them more easily. Cheers, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 21:15, 12 June 2013 (UTC)Reply
Just kidding! :-) But it might be a good idea to link in a regular place. Smallbones (talk) 03:03, 13 June 2013 (UTC)Reply

More info in approved report


Hi, I have a question about a report approved O:). This report is approved but now I wanted to add links to the videos of the conferences that I'm uploading to Commons. Can I do that or is there any problem? Bye!, --Elisardojm (talk) 09:56, 20 June 2013 (UTC)Reply

Hi, Elisardojm! Thanks for the question. Yes, unlike a grant submission, you may update a report at any time, even after it is accepted. You are welcome to add additional information to the report itself, as well as to the discussion page. Thank you for adding those links. We appreciate a notification when you do add information to your report, to be sure that we keep up. Best, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 18:15, 20 June 2013 (UTC)Reply
I have updated the info of the first video of the conferences, it's about WikiSkills but it's in spanish :) Next days/weeks we will upload new videos and I will notice you here. Bye, --Elisardojm (talk) 18:53, 20 June 2013 (UTC)Reply
Great. Thanks again for the updates. Cheers, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 19:02, 20 June 2013 (UTC)Reply

Re: Iberoconf 2013


Dear Winifred, we have two options for Iberoconf in October under discussion. I think tomorrow we will have a decision. Regards, --ProtoplasmaKid (WM-MX) (talk) 15:00, 20 June 2013 (UTC)Reply

Hi, ProtoplasmaKid. Thanks for the update. Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 18:16, 20 June 2013 (UTC)Reply

Please fill out our brief Participation Support Program survey


Hello, the Wikimedia Foundation would like your feedback on the Participation Support Program! We have created a brief survey to help us better understand your experience participating in the program and how we can improve for the future. You are being selected to participate in our survey because you submitted or commented on Participation Support requests in the past.

Click here to be taken to the survey site.

The survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete. We really appreciate your feedback! And we hope to see you in the Participation Support Program again soon.

Happy editing,

Siko and Haitham, Grantmaking, Wikimedia Foundation.

This message was sent via Global message delivery on 21:48, 18 September 2013 (UTC)

conflict of interest training


hello! thank you very much for your hard work! i have a question for you here: diff --アンタナナ 00:02, 19 September 2013 (UTC)Reply

It's great to hear back about that Antanana. I'll make sure Asaf knows that you're interested so we can make it happen. Cheers, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 00:41, 19 September 2013 (UTC)Reply
hi) is it possible to [poke] you about it? we want to make sure that the organization is ready to move on. and for this the understanding of such issues is quite essential, i believe --アンタナナ 13:48, 4 October 2013 (UTC)Reply
Hi, Antanana: I believe you've gotten some more information from Asaf by now, but please do poke any of us if you need anything else. Cheers, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 14:45, 8 October 2013 (UTC)Reply

Re: Changes in FDC proposals


Hi Winifred, sorry for my changes but I really could not help myself while reading the proposals. Of course, I only corrected typos, in the proposal of WMCH and I did the same for other entities as well. I will avoid to do that in the future, anyway. -- CristianCantoro (talk) 19:41, 17 October 2013 (UTC)Reply

Don't be sorry, Cristian! I sometimes have the same impulse myself. We are just trying to keep the on wiki process as fair as we possibly can by keeping a close eye on changes after the submission deadline, but we certainly don't want to alienate wikipedians like you with good and helpful instincts. We're always open to discussing changes to the process, of course, if you have ideas about how to improve it in future rounds! Cheers, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 19:45, 17 October 2013 (UTC)Reply

Translation of FDC pages


Hi, I currently think about a way to easily translate the FDC pages, and just found an easy way. How can I proceed next to effectively to translate the pages for the next round? Can I ask the translation of e.g. LoI and proposals templates? My question is mainly on how to synchronize with FDC staff, avoid a surprise, and better propagate the possibility of translation of the pages.

I would like to also set up translation on old proposals, i.e. set up the translation on the proposals by adding <translate> tags and creating subpages (ending with "/fr"); is it possible? For future and old translations, should a warning be added on the top of the translations to warn about the "unofficial" nature of the translations?

If this message should be transmitted to another people in the FDC staff, please could you transmit?

~ Seb35 [^_^] 17:33, 26 November 2013 (UTC)Reply

Hi Seb35 and Wolliff. I'll take a look on this long post on comments' page a bit later and take care (or ask someone more) of it if you both don't mind. BTW, there is Meta talk:Babylon for translation-related discussions. --Base (talk) 18:16, 26 November 2013 (UTC)Reply
Hi Base, you’re right. I also leave on message on Meta talk:Babylon. ~ Seb35 [^_^] 22:13, 26 November 2013 (UTC)Reply

Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal Clinics

Idea Lab
Idea Lab
Idea Lab
Idea Lab

Hello, Wolliff (WMF)! We've added Events to IdeaLab, and you're invited :)

Upcoming events focus on turning ideas into Individual Engagement Grant proposals before the March 31 deadline. Need help or have questions about IEG? Join us at a Hangout:

  • Thursday, 13 March 2014, 1600 UTC
  • Wednesday, 19 March 2014, 1700 UTC
  • Saturday, 29 March 2014, 1700 UTC

Hope to see you there!

This message was delivered automatically to IEG and IdeaLab participants. To unsubscribe from any future IEG reminders, remove your name from this list

Annual Plan Grants questions



I see you commenting on APG proposals.

  • Do you plan to comment on the WMF Annual Plan?
  • Are the questions that you're asking from FDC members?
  • What is Katy Love's role in the APG process? She hasn't been active on Meta since February.

Thanks, --Pine 06:34, 14 April 2014 (UTC)Reply

Hello, Pine. Thank you for these questions:
  1. FDC members will post questions and comments on WMF's annual plan directly, but the FDC staff team does not plan to post questions and clarifications on the WMF proposal.
  2. The questions and clarifications left by me are not from the FDC; they are from the staff team that supports the FDC (me, Katy, and Anasuya).
  3. Katy Love is still Senior Program Officer for Annual Plan Grants (the FDC process), but she is on leave right now. She will be back in a few months.
Please let me know if I may clarify further, and thank you for your attention to the proposals! Cheers, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 16:16, 15 April 2014 (UTC)Reply
Thanks, Winifred. --Pine 01:09, 16 April 2014 (UTC)Reply

Hello, I am Modjou, Assistant Treasurer of Wikimedia Côte d'Ivoire. I would like to know if possible the opening date of the Grants for the 2019 Annual Simple Plan. Best--Modjou (talk) 17:29, 18 January 2019 (UTC)Reply

On request to extend the community review time period


Winifred, I reckon you might be super busy with admin tasks, but dropping a note to steal your attention towards this for a moment: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants_talk:APG/Proposals#Two_requests

Thanks for all the awesome work you have been doing! --H P Nadig (talk) 22:25, 24 April 2014 (UTC)Reply

Thanks for the message. We've left a reply there! Cheers, Winifred Olliff (FDC Support Team) talk 23:08, 24 April 2014 (UTC)Reply

Prizes for the monthly disambiguation contest.


Greetings! We met at Wikimania, where we discussed Foundation-sponsored prizes for the monthly contest wherein disambiguators vie to fix the most bad links, with the top participants usually making thousands of fixes for that month. I would like for the Foundation to provide a free t-shirt or something comparable to the top three finalists each month. Please connect me with the right person to make this arrangement. Cheers! BD2412 T 03:29, 12 August 2014 (UTC)Reply

Thanks for following up! It was nice to meet you. I will find the best person to help with this and get back to you soon, BD2412. Cheers, Winifred Olliff (FDC Support Team) talk 15:51, 12 August 2014 (UTC)Reply
Great - thanks! BD2412 T 16:58, 12 August 2014 (UTC)Reply

Quality vs Quality


Hi Winifred,

In your comments to WMCH Q3 report, you write “considering the quality of photos rather than the quality […]“ − I suppose you meant one “quantity” instead of “quality” ;-)

Cheers, Jean-Fred (talk) 20:57, 11 January 2015 (UTC)Reply

Yes, that's correct. Great catch, Jean-Fred :) Winifred Olliff (WMF Program Officer) talk 17:26, 12 January 2015 (UTC)Reply

FDC proposal pages


Greetings, I notice there are a number of empty FDC related pages that are uncategorized. When I went to add categories to them I noticed you had removed the categories some months ago. Are these pages not needed anymore? If so, would it not be appropriate to delete them? Reguyla (talk) 19:43, 6 March 2015 (UTC)Reply

How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?


Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.

After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!

In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:

This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 21:41, 18 August 2015 (UTC)Reply

How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?



The Wikimedia Foundation would like your feedback about how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants, to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project. Ways to participate:

Feedback is welcome in any language.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation. 21:50, 18 August 2015 (UTC)Reply

كيف يمكننا تحسين منح مؤسسة ويكيميديا لتوفر لك الدعم بصورة أفضل؟



ترغب مؤسسة ويكيميديا بمعرف تعقيباتكم على كيفية إعادة تصور منح ويكيميديا من أجل تحسين الدعم المقدم للأشخاص والأفكار في مشروع ويكيميديا الخاص بكم. طرق المشاركة:

نرحب بالتعقيبات بأي لغة.

مع خالص الشكر،

I JethroBT (WMF) الاسم، الموارد المجتمعية، مؤسسة ويكيميديا. 21:52, 18 August 2015 (UTC)Reply

How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?


My apologies for posting this message in English. Please help translate it if you can.


The Wikimedia Foundation would like your feedback about how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants, to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project. Ways to participate:

Feedback is welcome in any language.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation. 22:19, 18 August 2015 (UTC)Reply

Thank you for engaging at Wikimedia Conference 2016 Learning Days!

This Certificate of Appreciation awards Wolliff (WMF) for being a great
Teaching Lead
at one or many Learning Days session(s) in Wikimedia Conference 2016
Wolliff (WMF), we hope this experience has empowered you to continue sharing your experiences to enlighten others in your local community... and beyond! We hope to continue to foster together peer-to-peer learning. Warmly, the Learning Days team. María (WMF) (talk) 00:23, 27 May 2016 (UTC)Reply

Share your experience and feedback as a Wikimedian in this global survey


  1. This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
  2. Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.

Re:Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Taniamaio/WikiDonne


Hello Winifred Olliff (WMF Program Officer), thank you for your answear!

  1. We will print flyers, posters and we will provide for copy all bibliographical materials of our library. We would like to print a photo of the event for each person as a souvenir of the day. We want buy also pens and block notes. If you consider that €80 is too much, we can eliminate something.
  2. We are already inviting people interested in the event to create a wikipedia account. During the event certainly we will help them with the registration on wikipedia with the aim of creating a group to get involved in the next events.
  3. We are wikimedia members since January 2017, but we collaborate with Wikipedia since 2015 with the project Progetto:GLAM/AIB_Campania. We have organized some events with our coordinator Claudio Forziati it:Utente:Uomovariabile. We are members of the Wikidonne usergroup with Camelia Boban it:Utente:Camelia.boban and we partecipated at the Día de las Escritoras 2016 Editathon in Naples.

--Taniamaio (talk) 09:23, 28 February 2017 (UTC) .Reply

User:Wolliff (WMF)/Grants index


Hi! Maybe this is obsoleted page, and this one should be deleted? --Kaganer (talk) 07:34, 19 June 2017 (UTC)Reply

WMES Burget

Concepto Elementos Cantidad (€)
Wiki Loves Folk, Earth, Monuments 1800 (premios, 600x3)
Wiki Takes Alboraya (100), Cuenca (1200), Melilla (500) 1800
Challenges Intercultur, Día de la Poesía, Armenia, Monumentos, Fiestas, Espacios naturales, PESCAR, Sudáfrica?, World Cup, Mundial baloncesto 1280 (premios, envíos, Arm 800, 60x8)
Edit-a-thons Día de la Mujer, Wikiquote, Wikidata, Pentathlon, etc. (incluye prehackathon) 4000 (16 eventos x 250)
Event covering Ejemplo 2300 (35 eventos)
Local meetings Ejemplo 200 (4)
Strategy meeting Casa rural para reunión 300
Talks, workshops, attention to events Ejemplo 2000
Wikimedia movement Ejemplo 4800 (1 para WikiCite 150 €, 2 para Hackaton 300 €, 2 para Wikimania + 2 staff 1600 € + 2200 €, detalles Berlín 100 €, 1 para Glam-Wiki 450 €)
Meetings Ejemplo 250
Awards ceremony (travel, catering...) Ejemplo 1000
Education Ejemplo 500
Annual Assembly / WM Conference Spain Lugar, material, cena, etc. 2200
Actividades 22430
Server and domains Ejemplo 1100
Liability insurance Ejemplo 166,84
Staff (Salaries + Social Security) 45304 + 15403,36 + 1% 61314,4336
Compulsory insurance & prevision Ejemplo 600
Paperwork services agency (gestoría) Ejemplo 3000 (utilidad pública, gastos gestoría mensuales)
Office supplies, photocopies, postal mail, couriers Ejemplo 200
Material merchandising, roll up (115), softbox (215) 1315
Total operación 67089,2
Total 90126,2736

You have new messages at Grants:Simple/Committee/Candidates.

You have new messages
You have new messages
Hello, Wolliff (WMF). You have new messages at Grants:Simple/Committee/Candidates.
Message added 20:38, 16 April 2018 (UTC). You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

Aotfs2013 (talk) 20:38, 16 April 2018 (UTC)Reply



your user-page to reflect the type of work that you do for the foundation.Thanks, Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 04:18, 7 October 2018 (UTC)Reply