User talk:Base

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Afrikaans | العربية | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца)‎ | български | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | Հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | kar | Kurdî | Limburgs | lietuvių | Baso Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | polski | português | Runa Simi | română | русский | sicilianu | سنڌي | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ślůnski | தமிழ் | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча/tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体)‎ | 中文(繁體)‎ | +/-

Contents

Welcome to Meta![edit]

Hello Base, and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!

-- 19:05, 19 May 2011 (UTC)

Tranlation admin[edit]

Promoted. Have fun. Best regards. -- MarcoAurelio (talk) 19:05, 22 February 2013 (UTC)

Thanks --Base (talk) 19:50, 22 February 2013 (UTC)

Re: Post-edit feedback[edit]

The answer to your question is in the page. --Nemo 20:23, 25 February 2013 (UTC)

Thanks! --Base (talk) 20:27, 25 February 2013 (UTC)

Note[edit]

Ответил. Раз не спишь, пометь для перевода те переводимые страницы, которые я сейчас подправил в этой связи (Wikidata, Wikisource и снова Template:Project lists). --Kaganer (talk) 20:52, 26 February 2013 (UTC)

Для вызова многоязычных навигационных шаблонов из переводимых страниц реализован шаблон-обвязка {{TNT}}, который подставляет перевод, если он есть, а если нет - английскую версию. --Kaganer (talk) 11:03, 1 March 2013 (UTC)

То теперь нужно ставить его, а не шаблон/переводабельный код языка ? --Base (talk) 15:45, 1 March 2013 (UTC)
Да, в формате {{TNT| имя шаблона }}. Посмотри, как я сделал для страниц описания проектов и групп участников. --Kaganer (talk) 16:09, 1 March 2013 (UTC)
Ок, спасибо, учту --Base (talk) 16:53, 1 March 2013 (UTC)

Wikimedia Foundation elections 2013/Committee[edit]

Thanks for your help, you may like to know that quite a few of the translation actually already exist at [1]. Unfortunately when I moved the source page, the translation unit didn't get move with it due to bugzilla:44865. I'll get round to sorting that when I have more time. KTC (talk) 23:44, 19 March 2013 (UTC)

ah ive noticed that smth is strange but it was not only one thing with extention what was unusual yesterday. Sorry for that. --Base (talk) 05:18, 20 March 2013 (UTC)

The Wikinewsie Group provisional board selection meeting time[edit]

Hi. This is to inform you that the meeting for the provisional board selection meeting for The Wikinewsie Group will take place in #wikinews-groupconnect on May 4, 2013 at 13:00 UTC, which is 8:00 in Mexico City, 9:00 in New York City, 15:00 in Berlin and 23:00 in Sydney. If you are interested in being on the provisional board but cannot attend, please comment at Talk:The Wikinewsie Group/Meetings to let the community know. --LauraHale (talk) 21:36, 26 April 2013 (UTC)

Help:Unified login[edit]

Feel free to fix the markup, but don't mark it for translation yet please. PiRSquared17 (talk) 21:01, 2 May 2013 (UTC)

Ok, i saw topics at your and nemo's talkpages. --Base (talk) 21:30, 2 May 2013 (UTC)

Template:The Wikinewsie Group Newsletter banner[edit]

Hi, Can you mark to translate a new change in the template?, I've add a new translate tag. Regards Superzerocool (talk) 00:58, 25 May 2013 (UTC)

Hi. Yeah i lost this piece of text, thanks. But (almost) never modify units numbers yourself - editor just adds translate tag, comment are extension's work. --Base (talk) 16:56, 25 May 2013 (UTC)
My fault :P... thanks! Superzerocool (talk) 12:39, 30 May 2013 (UTC)

Please comment[edit]

Hi Base, please could you comment at Talk:Wikimedia Foundation elections 2013#Translating Wikimedia Foundation elections/Board elections/2013/Questions and its subpages? I know translation as much as possible is beneficial, but I'd rather not overwhelm translators so would appreciate your thoughts on the matter. Thehelpfulone 22:07, 31 May 2013 (UTC)

Langcat[edit]

Category:Legal and Community Advocacy/Logo announcement is wrong. PiRSquared17 (talk) 12:57, 1 June 2013 (UTC)

Yeah seems that you're right. I'm bad at using this template, fix please. --Base (talk) 12:58, 1 June 2013 (UTC)
Oh, I see the problem. It should be {{Langcat|Wikivoyage/Logo announcement}}. I'm not a big fan of translated categories myself (especially since they are not well supported), but feel free to fix the langcat in Wikivoyage/Logo announcement. Currently none of those categories have translation subpages. PiRSquared17 (talk) 12:59, 1 June 2013 (UTC)
Ok, ive pasted your code, thanks. --Base (talk) 13:06, 1 June 2013 (UTC)

to mark pages for translation[edit]

Hi again, I think that the following pages needs to be marked for translation for someone with rights to do it. Your could do that? outreach:WikiArS/Ask4img, outreach:WikiArS/Schools. Otherwise, could you contribute by translating wikiArS pages into Russian and Ukrainian? It would be great! Thanks in advance. --Dvdgmz (talk) 14:20, 27 June 2013 (UTC)

Answered at outreachwiki. You may write only there next time - anyway i get email notifications about changing my talk page regardles in which wiki :) --Base (talk) 15:32, 27 June 2013 (UTC)

Quick translation request[edit]

Greetings! If you have a moment would you mind translating this message for me? Thank you and if you do not have time please let me know. I need to get it out today or tomorrow. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 17:56, 9 September 2013 (UTC)

These ???s should be replaced with stuff about Ukrainian Wikipedia? --Base (talk) 18:13, 9 September 2013 (UTC)
Yes, please. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 18:16, 9 September 2013 (UTC)
Done. I hope smb will proofread it. --Base (talk) 18:32, 9 September 2013 (UTC)
Done proofreading -- Ата (talk) 19:30, 9 September 2013 (UTC)
Thank you, Base and Ата. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 19:45, 9 September 2013 (UTC)

Re: MediaWiki:Lang[edit]

No, I'm afraid there is no other way if you want to use LangSwitch and friends. Yes, it's quite crazy. --Nemo 20:49, 9 September 2013 (UTC)

I already importered it. The only thing i shouled do it from commons but done from meta - now you are second per admin-actions on outreach because of imported import-edits :D --Base (talk) 13:40, 10 September 2013 (UTC)

IRC[edit]

Yes, that's me. :) heather walls (talk) 00:30, 20 October 2013 (UTC)

Wikimedia LGBT[edit]

I am reaching out to people who have translated pages here at Meta to assist with translating pages at Wikimedia LGBT. If you are willing and able, any assistance would be appreciated. If not, I understand. Thanks for your consideration. --Another Believer (talk) 00:51, 29 October 2013 (UTC)

Beta Features pre-announcement on the Ukrainian Wikipedia[edit]

Greetings Base,

I was wondering if you'd like to do the community pre-announcement for Beta Features this coming Friday, 1 November, on the Ukrainian Wikipedia. We are working to get as many local community announcements made as possible on that day by community members. Beta Features will be introduced to all non-Wikpedia projects on Monday, 4 November, and all Wikipedias on Thursday, 7 November.

Beta Features is a new set of preferences that can be access by clicking the word "beta" next to preferences in the top right corner of the screen. Once there you can pick and choose what developmental features are available that you would like to try out (or none at all) before the software is finished. We're excited about this new platform allowing for user testing on a broad scale, but not in a disruptive manner.

This coming Thursday, 31 October, we will be turning on Beta Features on mediawiki.org so you can use it there before the release, and we'll be releasing a blog this Thursday as well with information about Beta Features. You can use this material in your messaging on Friday.

Please let me know if you're interested or if you have any questions. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 02:54, 30 October 2013 (UTC)

Update: Unfortunately on Thursday there was a problem with the server cluster so we were unable to release Beta Features to MediaWiki.org as we had hoped, which has altered our timeline for release. We have things sorted out now with a new timeline that allows for better opportunities for release. Beta Features is now available on Test Wikipedia and I welcome you to try it out there. On Monday we will be releasing to mediawiki.org as a full production release for testing. After that we will be releasing it to Wikimedia Commons and Meta-wiki on Thursday, 7 November, for live community use. This gives us two weeks for extensive community testing before we deploy to all wikis Thursday, 21 November. We also hope to fix more bugs in the features we have planned and potentially add another feature.

Features for the Ukrainian Wikipedia:

  • Media Viewer
  • Typography Update
  • VisualEditor-Formulae
  • Nearby (still under development, may not be included)

Full timeline:

  • 1 Nov - Release to test.wikipedia.org and test extensively
  • 4 Nov - Release to MediaWiki.org and test extensively
  • 5 Nov - Pre-announce Beta Features on all wikis
  • 7 Nov - Release on Commons + Meta, test extensively
  • 8 Nov - IRC office hours chat + start Commons/Meta discussions
  • 19 Nov - Review all final features before launch
  • 20 Nov - Pre-release last minute bug fixes and features
  • 21 Nov - Release to all Wikis (via platform train)
  • 21 Nov - Publish blog post, socialize
  • 22 Nov - Start discussions on all large wikis

If anything changes, I'll let you know. I hope at this point we have a well paced, even deployment process. As always, contact me with questions.

So when i should do something? --Base (talk) 18:12, 3 November 2013 (UTC)

Tomorrow (5 Nov) is the day for the community announcement, if you don't mind. There are some translations up for grabs if you're interested as well, starting with the short About Beta Features page and then the few pages linked to under "Initial features." Keegan (WMF) (talk) 20:21, 4 November 2013 (UTC)

Unit numbers[edit]

You really should not do this: [2]. --Nemo 13:53, 19 December 2013 (UTC)

@Nemo bis: What's wrong in there? I decided to split large unit to smaller and put the number of former to the biggest of new units to do less work while spliting in translations that were done. And in the lists I just splitted units I thing it wasn't thing that turn you here :). See mw:Help:Extension:Translate/Page_translation_administration#Changing_the_source_text, paragraph "Splitting units". --Base (talk) 14:07, 19 December 2013 (UTC)
Ok, the triple newlines confused me. If you take care of ensuring that the right string goes into the right translation unit ok, but it would be cleaner not to switch order of units like that. --Nemo 14:22, 19 December 2013 (UTC)

PEG Stages Question[edit]

Hi Base. Thanks so much for your translation work on the PEG grant stages page. Under the review tab there are broken links that look fine in the template, so I think the problem is due to the translation. Do you know how to fix this? If yes, please let me know! Thanks so much. Alex Wang (WMF) (talk) 17:53, 25 February 2014 (UTC)

Hi Alex Wang (WMF), thanks for letting me know. That's when those target pages were moved links in the template were changed but no translate admins approved the change yet. Now it should be OK. --Base (talk) 20:27, 25 February 2014 (UTC)
@Base: Great! I also noticed that when you first land on the Stages page, you get this message: Template loop detected: Template:TNT. Is this a similar issue? Thanks. Alex Wang (WMF) (talk) 20:53, 25 February 2014 (UTC)

Yes check.svg Done: Redirected to Grants:PEG/Stages/Submission tab (this page now is not used directly). --Kaganer (talk) 08:54, 3 September 2015 (UTC)

Request for feedback on my GSoC'14 proposal[edit]

Hi Base,

I am planning to work on the project titled "Tools for mass migration of legacy translated wiki content" this summer under Google Summer of Code. I have drafted a proposal for the same over the past few weeks. This project is going to help the translation adminstrators like you in a great way, as it would completely automate the tedious manual task of preparing a page for translation and then importing the translations into the Translate extension. You can check the proposal page for detailed information on how I plan to accomplish this.

As you would be an end user of this tool, it would be great if you could go through the proposal and provide feedback/suggestions. Your feedback would definitely help me improve the proposal as well help in creating an even better tool. You can do the same on the discussion page of the proposal or reply here, whichever is convenient for you. I look forward to hearing from you! Thank you!

P.S: I need to submit the proposal to Google by March 19, 2014.

BPositive (talk) 13:16, 13 March 2014 (UTC)

ноу фоп в Україні.[edit]

Привіт! То як із цим питанням?

Може переглянеш мої фотки за 3 квітня і сказати (СКАЗАТИ!), які з них куди? Тільки прохання - спочатку сказати, щоб я міг ПЕРЕНЕСТИ їх до Вікіпедії, а потім вже ставити шаблон. Я гадаю, за день-два управимося. :-) --Nickispeaki (talk) 21:05, 6 April 2014 (UTC)

Це ти про коммонз? Зараз погляну. --Base (talk) 12:18, 7 April 2014 (UTC)
Ти ж в курсі, що вікіпедія - не сховище файлів? не можна переносить туди файли, які не будуть використовуватися у статтях --アンタナナ 12:29, 7 April 2014 (UTC)

Translation memory[edit]

You're not alone. :) User talk:Nikerabbit#Käännöstyökalu. --Nemo 10:12, 23 April 2014 (UTC)

Your statement sounds good, but I'm fi-0 and I badly understood google translated version of Nike's answer either. :( --Base (talk) 14:53, 23 April 2014 (UTC)
As for double click AJAX editor, it works for me on [3]. Either it was something local to (that page on?) Commons, or it was fixed in latest version. Please retest later this week and let me know if you still have problems. --Nemo 09:04, 2 June 2014 (UTC)
Works for me on meta and mww. Doesn't work on commons with the yesterday's page and 2 another (which is 100% of what I tested) :( --Base (talk) 18:33, 2 June 2014 (UTC)

Rosetta barnstar[edit]

Rosetta Barnstar.png The Meta-Wiki Rosetta barnstar 2013
For being among the top 40 Meta-Wiki translators in 2013, with over 500 translation units edits! If I knew all the Wikimedia languages I'd also compliment you for how spot-on your translations are, but I must leave that to your language colleagues. :) Cheers, Nemo 21:48, 1 May 2014 (UTC)
Thank you! I hope I've deserved it. But you linked to Babylon and it made me a bit sad — the page's so outdated :( --Base (talk) 16:00, 2 May 2014 (UTC)
Yes, translation on Meta is a huge slow machine. Thanks to committed translation admins and good software, we'll manage to get it tidy within a couple years. :) --Nemo 19:50, 4 May 2014 (UTC)

Please test the new feature Special:PageMigration[edit]

As a Google Summer of Code Intern, I have been working on the Mass Migration tools project for Wikimedia. We are now ready with a minimal working product. The tool helps translators and translation administrators import the old translations into the Translate Extension.

An instance of the same has been set up on labs. You can find some useful instructions on the main page.

Please test the tool and report bugs/suggestions using the link provided on the main page itself. You can have a look at the tracking bug to check already reported bugs.

Looking forward to hearing from you! Cheers. BPositive (talk) 14:33, 14 June 2014 (UTC)

Superprotect letter update[edit]

Hi Base,

Along with more hundreds of others, you recently signed Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer, which I wrote.

Today, we have 562 signatures here on Meta, and another 61 on change.org, for a total of 623 signatures. Volunteers have fully translated it into 16 languages, and begun other translations. This far exceeds my most optimistic hopes about how many might sign the letter -- I would have been pleased to gain 200 siguatures -- but new signatures continue to come.

I believe this is a significant moment for Wikimedia and Wikipedia. Very rarely have I seen large numbers of people from multiple language and project communities speak with a unified voice. As I understand it, we are unified in a desire for the Wikimedia Foundation to respect -- in actions, in addition to words -- the will of the community who has built the Wikimedia projects for the benefit of all humanity. I strongly believe it is possible to innovate and improve our software tools, together with the Wikimedia Foundation. But substantial changes are necessary in order for us to work together smoothly and productively. I believe this letter identifies important actions that will strongly support those changes.

Have you been discussing these issues in your local community? If so, I think we would all appreciate an update (on the letter's talk page) about how those discussions have gone, and what people are saying. If not, please be bold and start a discussoin on your Village Pump, or in any other venue your project uses -- and then leave a summary of what kind of response you get on the letter's talk page.

Finally, what do you think is the right time, and the right way, to deliver this letter? We could set a date, or establish a threshold of signatures. I have some ideas, but am open to suggestions.

Thank you for your engagement on this issue, and please stay in touch. -Pete F (talk) 18:40, 26 August 2014 (UTC)

Superprotect status[edit]

Dear Base, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.

Peteforsyth 09:07, 12 September 2014 (UTC)

Global CSS/JS migration[edit]

Hello Base. You have global.js and global.css pages which contain your global scripts and styles for all wikis. Since August 19th, your global.js and global.css pages are loaded automatically on all wikis (see announcement). Since you already load them yourself on some wikis, you may experience script errors or issues like tools being added twice. I can fix that for you by merging your local scripts and styles into your global pages, and deleting the local pages with synchbot. Do you want me to do that? —Pathoschild 18:11, 20 September 2014 (UTC)

Hi again! Feel free to add a Synchbot request or leave a message if you want me to do this; for now I'll strike you off the list. :) —Pathoschild 21:14, 21 June 2015 (UTC)
Ah sorry for not responding. I'll keep them for now. Perhaps I'll need modification rather than deletion of them in future so don't want doing unnecessary deletions :) --Base (talk) 20:10, 22 June 2015 (UTC)

Ready for translation: VisualEditor News #9—2014[edit]

VisualEditor-logo-pacifico.svg

Hi! This is an invitation to join translators working on the November's issue of the VisualEditor monthly newsletter, which will be widely delivered later this week. The previous bulletin was published in 10 languages, but the translation was completed only for three of them. Will we do better this month? We'd like to reach many more communities in their own language this time, as we're announcing interesting developments like the new ability to add tables and their elements. Thanks a lot for your help! Elitre (WMF) 21:28, 10 November 2014 (UTC)

PS: Here are some instructions. Please go to the translation page: your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. If you need further help or would like to receive a talk page message to be notified of future translations, please contact me directly.

Ready for translation: VisualEditor News #10—2014[edit]

VisualEditor-logo-pacifico.svg

Hi! This is an invitation to join translators working on the December's issue of the VisualEditor monthly newsletter, which will be widely delivered later this week. The amazing translators' community has already found out about it prior to this announcement... But how is your language doing this time? Find out now and contribute! Thanks a lot for your help! Elitre (WMF) 07:35, 22 December 2014 (UTC)

PS: Here are some instructions. Please go to the translation page: your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. If you need further help or would like to receive a talk page message to be notified of future translations, please contact me directly.

Ready for translation: VisualEditor News #1—2015[edit]

VisualEditor-logo-pacifico.svg

Hi! Apologies if you're reading this message more than once. This is an invitation to join translators working on the February's issue of the VisualEditor multilingual newsletter. This time it features an important announcement about a series of meetings where VE tasks on Phabricator will be triaged live and publicly, starting next week. Since we want many people to be aware of this ASAP (especially volunteer developers!), we have a time constraint which means we'll deliver to the wikis on Thursday morning PST this week. Thanks a lot in advance, we know you'll do whatever it takes to keep your community up-to-date, and appreciate it a lot. m:User:Elitre (WMF), 22:08, 2 February 2015 (UTC)

PS: Here are some instructions. Please go to the translation page: your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. If you need further help or would like to receive a talk page message to be notified of future translations, please contact me directly.

Global userpage[edit]

Thank you for your comment at Global-wiki and UserWiki. To be honest I am supporting a merger of the two proposals but the details need to be ironed out. I believe that implementing this would be relatively easy because we have the same effect with file pages. If there is a file at Commons, you can view it at most of the other projects like the Wikipedias and the Wikivoyages. In addition to the Commons description, you can add a local description, but if you upload another file locally, it will block the Commons file. In the same way I believe that all that is needed is to decide which wiki will be central (e.g. Meta) and then all the open wikis could open themselves to Meta userpages. However I have gradually changed my mind about a designated central wiki in favour of whichever wiki the user first registers on, although they should be allowed to switch. For example I have migrated from being mainly an English Wikipedian to a Commoner. Cheers. Green Giant (talk) 13:34, 5 February 2015 (UTC)

Well yeah it would be cool if e.g. in all wikis there'll be Global namespace where you could put pages which'll be shown in User namespace of all wikis. And then in preferences you'd be able to see all wikis where you've created pages in Global-ns so that you can chose from which wiki to use them. I don't know whether this last part is easily doable or not but at least it sounds like possible to me (or in worst case it's definitely possible to do selecting of wiki without showing where you already have pages) The main techinal issue in my opinion is translation. There should be a way to do that those global pages have language versions. Then to do it that on particular wiki a page in it's contant language or fallback language'll be shown instead of English. Or perhaps even allow custom per wiki selection on which language to show there (e.g. for Ukrainian fallback is Russian, but a Belarusian guy might want to have his userpages on Ukrainian wikis be shown in Belarusian - anyway Ukrainians can understand Belarusian pretty fine). And besides this actually showing pages part there is translation itself part. If it's via Extension Translate then as I said on globalwiki's comment there's some development to be done and some issues to solve. It's also possible to just use what we call old translation system - actually no translation system in technical meaning, where you just create subpages in different languages. Perhaps the latter one even would be preferable in many cases as it gives more freedom, it's easier to write or show completely different things there and so on. But anyway there must be way to at least have it's contentlanguage defined. It could be just that suppages will be as Extension translate's translation pages with ISO-codes in name, but it'd be fine to have some assistance on interface part so that users not necessary look for ISO-code they need elsewhere. Also besides language versions it'd be cool to have possibility to create a pages per project, I mean e.g. a page for all Wikinewses only, a page for all Wikipedias only and so on. --Base (talk) 13:59, 5 February 2015 (UTC)

Ready for translation: VisualEditor News #2—2015[edit]

VisualEditor-logo-pacifico.svg

Hi! This is an invitation to join translators working on the April's issue of the VisualEditor monthly newsletter, which will be widely delivered towards the end of next week. The previous bulletin was published in 26 languages—the translation was completed only for ten of them. Will we do better this month? We'd like to reach many more communities in their own language this time, as VE recently became the main editor at other 50+ Wikipedias, and we're announcing interesting developments (auto-fill features for citations, improved special character inserter, drag and drop for categories, invisible templates now marked by a puzzle piece icon, and more). Thanks a lot for your help! Elitre (WMF) 22:38, 4 April 2015 (UTC)

PS: Here are some instructions. Please go to the translation page: your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. If you need further help or would like to change the page where you're notified of future translations, please contact me directly.

Ready for translation: VisualEditor News #3—2015[edit]

VisualEditor-logo-pacifico.svg

Hi! This is an invitation to join translators working on the June's issue of the VisualEditor multilingual newsletter, which will be widely delivered at the end of this workweek. You may have noticed that the bulletin is now getting published once every two months more or less, but we're keeping the length manageable ;) Thanks a lot for your help! — Elitre (WMF) 17:41, 8 June 2015 (UTC)

PS: Here are some instructions. Please go to the translation page: your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. If you need further help or would like to change the page where you're notified of future translations, please contact me directly.

PPS: Also, watch out for announcements of the upcoming VE-translathon! Everybody getting this message will be particularly welcome to join that activity during Wikimania.

NOINDEX on global user pages[edit]

Hi Base. I see you have __NOINDEX__ on your user page. Unfortunately that only works on Meta, so your local user pages on other wikis won't have the __NOINDEX__ directive. —Pathoschild 14:24, 18 August 2015 (UTC)

Pathoschild sorry for late reply, noticed the message on time but didn't know what to reply :) Thank you for notifying me about this. On the one hand it's fine, I do not have any data I do not want indexed on global part of my userpage, but on the other it's just another limitation of global userpages (just like it's impossible to make proper language selection :( ) Is there a task on phab about this particular problem? --Base (talk) 12:30, 10 November 2015 (UTC)
Yep, see phab:T90475. —Pathoschild 14:14, 10 November 2015 (UTC)
Thank you! It happens I am already subscribed to that one xD. --Base (talk) 14:24, 10 November 2015 (UTC)

How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?[edit]

Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.

After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!

In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:

This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 01:23, 19 August 2015 (UTC)

Last call for WMF grants feedback![edit]

Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 19:08, 4 September 2015 (UTC)

Translation[edit]

Hello.

Thank you for marking Wikimedia_Blog/Drafts/Indian native Wikipedia(s) are Interdependent: Ahmed Nisar for translation.

Since a translation is already available at here, you may add the link for Urdu translation.

At the same time, I would love to see the Ukranian translation from your side, if you can provide it. --Muzammil (talk) 13:32, 9 October 2015 (UTC)

Hi, Muzammil. Thank you for noting that. The Urdu translation wasn't on /ur subpage so I didn't notice it exists. I have now moved the translation to the new system: Wikimedia Blog/Drafts/Indian native Wikipedia(s) are Interdependent: Ahmed Nisar/ur but as I know no Urdu and barely can work with right-to-left script it is higly probable that I might have broken something so please check for it (you can browse the text as it was here). As to the Ukrainian translation, sure, that was my intention from the start, but was too sleepy yesterday to do it, will make it presently :) --Base (talk) 23:12, 9 October 2015 (UTC)
Thank you for incorporating the work and Ukranian translation. --Muzammil (talk) 07:55, 10 October 2015 (UTC)

Thanks for translating my blog on Telugu Wikimedian Viswanadh's library project[edit]

Hi, thanks a lot for translating my recent blog on Telugu Wikimedian Viswanadh. I owe you an Odia-language translation! :) --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 22:01, 9 October 2015 (UTC)

Subhashish Panigrahi, no problems :) OK, I'll keep it in mind :) --Base (talk) 22:14, 9 October 2015 (UTC)

Wishlist template[edit]

Hi, Base. It looks like the change you made to the Template:Community Wishlist Survey/Top/i18n makes it render with translate tags when it's used on a page. See 2015 Community Wishlist Survey. I'm not sure how to fix it, can you help? DannyH (WMF) (talk) 20:55, 11 November 2015 (UTC)

...And you already did. I should've known you were already on it. Thanks. DannyH (WMF) (talk) 20:56, 11 November 2015 (UTC)
Hi, it's just an unavoidable intermediate state when you make a template translatable :) You just managed to catch it during the process :) Thank you for reporting it though :) --Base (talk) 20:59, 11 November 2015 (UTC)

Congratulations, Dear Administrator![edit]

Deutsch | English | español | français | italiano | 한국어 | Nederlands | português | русский | edit

An offering for our new administrator from your comrades... (our budget is smaller than Commons)

Base, congratulations! You now have the rights of an administrator on Meta. Please take a moment to read the Meta:Administrators page and watchlist related pages (in particular Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat, and Meta:Requests for deletion, but also Talk:Spam blacklist and Talk:Interwiki map), before launching yourself into page deletions, page protections, account blockings, or modifications of protected pages. The majority of the actions of administrators can be reversed by the other admins, except for history merges which must thus be treated with particular care.


Please feel free to join us on IRC: #wikimedia-admin @ irc.freenode.net. You may find Commons:Guide to adminship to be useful reading although it doesn't always completely apply here at Meta.

Please also check or add your entry to Meta:Administrators#List of administrators and the Template:List of administrators.


MarcoAurelio 16:27, 21 November 2015 (UTC)

Congrats dear admis --Grind24 (talk) 17:26, 22 November 2015 (UTC)

Thank you guys very much :) If you have or would have any feedback on my actions — please feel free to write it on this page so that I know what to improve. --Base (talk) 19:32, 29 November 2015 (UTC)

Autopatroller[edit]

Дякую, Base! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Лорд Бъмбъри (talk)

The tower in Nesebar, which should show you that as an administrator you are as powerful as a rook in a chess game.
xD будь ласка :) --Base (talk) 16:38, 29 November 2015 (UTC)

Re: CONTENTLANGUAGE[edit]

According to mw:Help:Magic_words#Technical_metadata, CONTENTLANGUAGE is indeed about the wiki default only... Nemo 19:07, 29 November 2015 (UTC)

Nemo, Oh :( Is there a task filed about adding a magic word which would serve the purpose of showing current page's content language? Or perhaps it does exit already? --Base (talk) 19:28, 29 November 2015 (UTC)

Приховування опису редагування[edit]

Вітання! Чи не підсобишь приховати опис редагування? Наперед дякую! :) --Ochilov (talk) 15:14, 10 December 2015 (UTC)

Reminder: Please sign new Wikimedia confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information by 31 December[edit]

This is a message from the Wikimedia Foundation. Translations are available.

Wikimedia Foundation logo - vertical (2012-2016).svg

I wanted to follow-up on an message I sent you in September regarding the need for you to sign a confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 in order to maintain your access from Wikimedia to nonpublic information, and specifically to the OTRS system.

As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are transitioning to the new policy.

An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.

The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that anyone with access to nonpublic information sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain their access. You are receiving this message because you have access to nonpublic information by way of the OTRS system and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy. If you do not sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015, you will lose your OTRS access.

Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign

If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnum@wikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain your access to nonpublic information. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.

If you wish to stop receiving these notices, you may remove yourself from this list. Please note that doing so will not prevent you from losing OTRS rights and access after the 31 December 2015 deadline.

Thank you,
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery, 06:23, 22 December 2015 (UTC) • Please help translate to your languageHelp

Thank you for taking part in the Community Health learning campaign![edit]

Community Health learning campaign - Analysis Report of Community Responses
Thank you!

Hi,
apologies for writing in English, if this is not your first language.
I want to thank you once more for engaging in conversation on the Community Health learning campaign. It took us a while, but we can finally announce the winner of the prize, as well as share the outcomes of this conversation.

You might also be interested in taking part in the 2015 Harassment consultation. This is the first of several planned consultations on this topic, intended to provide a place to discuss ideas, concerns, proposals and possible solutions regarding Wikimedia communities’ harassment-related challenges.

This conversation would not have been the same without you. If you have more ideas, or follow up comments on the findings of the campaign, don't hesitate to leave me a message my talk page.

Have a great day,

María

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 20:04, 22 December 2015 (UTC)

URGENT: Please sign new Wikimedia confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information by 31 December[edit]

This is a message from the Wikimedia Foundation. Translations are available.

Wikimedia Foundation logo - vertical (2012-2016).svg

I wanted to follow-up on an message I sent you in September regarding the need for you to sign a confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 in order to maintain your access from Wikimedia to nonpublic information, and specifically to the OTRS system.

Even though you have signed the confidentiality agreement for functionaries (general agreement), you must also sign the OTRS agreement to retain your OTRS access.

As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are transitioning to the new policy.

An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.

The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that anyone with access to nonpublic information sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain their access. You are receiving this message because you have access to nonpublic information by way of the OTRS system and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy. If you do not sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015, you will lose your OTRS access.

Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign

If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnum@wikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain your access to nonpublic information. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.

If you wish to stop receiving these notices, you may remove yourself from this list. Please note that doing so will not prevent you from losing OTRS rights and access after the 31 December 2015 deadline.

Thank you,
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery, 20:07, 26 December 2015 (UTC) • Please help translate to your languageHelp

URGENT: Please sign new Wikimedia confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information by 31 December[edit]

This is a message from the Wikimedia Foundation. Translations are available.

Wikimedia Foundation logo - vertical (2012-2016).svg

I wanted to follow-up on an message I sent you in September regarding the need for you to sign a confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 in order to maintain your access from Wikimedia to nonpublic information, and specifically to the OTRS system.

As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are transitioning to the new policy.

An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.

The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that anyone with access to nonpublic information sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain their access. You are receiving this message because you have access to nonpublic information by way of the OTRS system and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy. If you do not sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015, you will lose your OTRS access.

Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign

Even if you have signed the confidentiality agreement for functionaries (general agreement), you must also sign the OTRS agreement to retain your OTRS access.

If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnum@wikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain your access to nonpublic information. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.

If you wish to stop receiving these notices, you may remove yourself from this list. Please note that doing so will not prevent you from losing OTRS rights and access after the 31 December 2015 deadline.

Thank you,
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery, 21:48, 27 December 2015 (UTC) • Please help translate to your languageHelp

Просьба[edit]

Здраствуйте уважаемый Base, я Каганеру написал письмо [4], но он пока не зашел на сайт, может Вы поможете?--6AND5 (talk) 22:06, 27 December 2015 (UTC)

Здравствуйте, 6AND5, ответил на СО Каганера. --Base (talk) 22:26, 27 December 2015 (UTC)

Immediate help on SDWiki[edit]

Immediate help required on SDWIKI, I searched possible Wikipedia IRC channel but no online admin or any help was there , I am Admin on Sindhi Wikipedia, I created a Category with English text name then I renamed/moved that category to a new name (alternative name of those English words in Sindhi) the Problem is that all the relevant articles , templates in which there is a English named category does not appear with Sindhi named category , SO I decided to Undo/revert it but reverts does not happens, can you or any one else can do this for me and tell me why my reverts/undo not works however I am Admin as well. Here is the Category on Sindhi Wikipedia Which I want reverts/undo (Moved its name) Moved name Undo plz..--Jogi don (talk) 14:41, 28 December 2015 (UTC)

Hi Jogi don. I wasn't able to take a look at the problem in the moment of your report, and I see that Taketa has already mended it. But I'll leave a general comment on this. When a category page is being renamed (which wasn't possible till recently) pages included into that category are not automatically moved to be in this new name of category. Depending on how they were included into it, it may require direct editing of the pages (bots are used if it's many pages to be touched, e.g. over 50 up to several thousands) or editing a template which automatically categorises pages to which it is transcluded. In case of such technical/"system" categories as the one mentioned, there are sometimes interface messages which are needed to be changed in order to have pages transcluded into a new name of category. In this case it is Duplicate-args-category message responsible. The best would be to translate it on Translatewiki.net and when the translation is automatically imported to the wiki (may take several days) you can again move the category's page to that translated name. --Base (talk) 00:10, 29 December 2015 (UTC)
@Base: Thanks, I got it and now after the deletion performed by the Taketa now all its pages are shown in it, but I want to know how to change the name of such type of Hidden Categories to their respective Sindhi names, Can it be changed to their respective Sindhi names after translating it on Translatewiki.net as you have mentioned for me above, Thanks..--Jogi don (talk) 03:46, 29 December 2015 (UTC)

Wikiradio[edit]

Hi, Could you please also semi-protect Wikiradio (tool)/playlist/USA? Thanks, Yann (talk) 18:22, 28 December 2015 (UTC)

Yes check.svg Done. Matiia (talk) 18:26, 28 December 2015 (UTC)

URGENT: Please sign new Wikimedia confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information by 31 December[edit]

This is a message from the Wikimedia Foundation. Translations are available.

Wikimedia Foundation logo - vertical (2012-2016).svg

I wanted to follow-up on an message I sent you in September regarding the need for you to sign a confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 in order to maintain your access from Wikimedia to nonpublic information, and specifically to the OTRS system.

As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are transitioning to the new policy.

An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.

The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that anyone with access to nonpublic information sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain their access. You are receiving this message because you have access to nonpublic information by way of the OTRS system and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy. If you do not sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015, you will lose your OTRS access.

Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign

Even if you have signed the confidentiality agreement for functionaries (general agreement), you must also sign the OTRS agreement to retain your OTRS access.

If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnum@wikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain your access to nonpublic information. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.

If you wish to stop receiving these notices, you may remove yourself from this list. Please note that doing so will not prevent you from losing OTRS rights and access after the 31 December 2015 deadline.

Thank you,
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery, 08:39, 30 December 2015 (UTC) • Please help translate to your languageHelp

Inspire Campaign on content curation & review[edit]

WPCube.png

I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.

All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery.

Should FuzzyBot remove all potentially outdated translations?[edit]

Hello, thanks for adding multiple new translations in your language here at Meta-Wiki in recent years. Please join the discussion with your opinion: Should FuzzyBot automatically remove all potentially outdated translations?. Nemo (talk) 12:00, 1 March 2016 (UTC)

Request for Input - New Central Notice request process[edit]

Hello!

Back in February I emailed the CN-admin list regarding part of my role to look into the Central Notice process and see where we could make improvements including: the campaign process; its functionality or lack thereof; and fundamentally the documentation that supports it. You can see many of the issues that I identified at CentralNotice/Process_Review. If there is anything additional that you feel has been left out then please feel free to leave any comments on the talk page.

My first task is to improve the requesting of campaigns by communities and affiliates. I am looking to set up a more formal request process, similar to those used in many projects. The aim is to: increase the transparency of Central Notice; improve the support provided to affiliates (including making such support more consistent); to provide a forum for community input into campaigns.

I have been working on a very rough strawman version of the process and I would be interested in hearing you comments about what such a process should involve and what you think it would require. Please feel free to leave such comments at the process talk page section. I would like to have a working page in place by the end of May. This would not need to be a final version. The process can be improved upon over time as we learn about how well it works.

Given your role as a Meta Administrator who is actice in the area of Central Notice, I encourage you to:

Regards

Jseddon (WMF) (talk) Advancement Associate (Community Engagement) -- 02:48, 28 April 2016 (UTC)

RE: WLE CH CentralNotice[edit]

Hi, the comments are correct and it's better to explain. I have set them but we are looking for a better design inserting the logo of WLE. I used a template having already the banner of Wikimedia and I changed with that of WLE but with a poor graphical result. We are working around it. About the 4 campaigns it's a long history. As chapter we have to reconcile with the calendar of other chapters and with that of the community. Last years we have found several compromises but penalizing other linguistic areas (reduction of priority or changes to the user bucketing to reconcile with other campaigns). This year, for instance WM IT has planned to put the banner of their collection of funds in the sitenotice of it.wikipedia (and not in the centralnotice) and I have to find a solution with low impact because the banner in centralnotice plus the banner in the sitenotice hold half page in mobile phones, so I have to put a smaller banner but this can generate an impact for other linguistic areas. For these reasons, considering that we have to setup the attributes of the banner in relation with the other needs and considering that for every linguistic areas we have a different communication's strategy, the best is to split them. --Ilario (talk) 12:04, 30 April 2016 (UTC)

Participate in the Inspire Campaign and help address harassment![edit]

NounProject Leaves.png

Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.

Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 17:46, 31 May 2016 (UTC) (Opt-out instructions)

Request for CentralNotice banner[edit]

Hi Base,

I made two request for a central notice banner in the Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat but I not quite sure if this process is the right one? I´m already made the request in the calendar area as well. Can you help me? --Giselle Bordoy (WMAR) (talk) 14:41, 9 June 2016 (UTC)

Hi, Giselle Bordoy. I've currently enabled the Wikisource one as it is to be active from today, I will proceed the Wikivoyage one a little bit later if noone does it earlier :) As to the process it is indeed confusing now as it looks that people want to change it to more formal and CN specific one, but currently the new process seems to be in development besides I believe it should undergo some community approval as it is rather somewhat different from the current one in its strictness. So one way or another but currently RFH remains the right place for this kind of stuff, though I must note that it's just my opinion, I really should inquire what are others' thoughts about all this. --Base (talk) 01:52, 10 June 2016 (UTC)
Hi, Base Thanks for your explanation :)

--Giselle Bordoy (WMAR) (talk) 14:10, 10 June 2016 (UTC)

Deletions[edit]

Hi Base, thanks for the swift completion of my deletion requests. On some wikis it would take ages. :) Cheers, Qweedsa (talk) 02:53, 10 June 2016 (UTC)

 :) --Base (talk) 02:59, 10 June 2016 (UTC)

[edit]

Hi, the request was to have the banner only in English and not translatable. If I have made it three times like this, it is connected with the request I receive. --Ilario (talk) 20:24, 16 June 2016 (UTC)
Hi. What kind of request and from who? It sounds very controversial honestly speaking. Besides it is the person performing the action who holds the responsibility. --Base (talk) 20:35, 16 June 2016 (UTC)
When I put banners for Wikimedia CH, the text in each Swiss national languages is fixed by the team and the team would have it not translatable (I am in the team of Wikimedia CH) and a different banner for each Swiss national language to avoid conflicts with other campaigns connected with the language or with banners put in the "sitenotice". Unfortunately Switzerland has several languages and we must live together with the needs of other communities. A single banner for the whole Switzerland would be a big challenge. In this specific case I have received a request from the team of the communication of Wikimania Esino Lario (I am in the team of Wikimania too) and asked them if the text should be only in English or in other languages. I have put other banners in the last months after their request (I.e for scholarships) and they asked to have them "only" in English too. --Ilario (talk) 20:58, 16 June 2016 (UTC)

Wikimedia CEE Spring 2016, German Wikipedia[edit]

Hi Base,

we've talked about this earlier in the year as to how we can include de-wp in your stats. Would it be enough to supply you with a list of articles? Or do you need a certain format? Best, Braveheart (talk) 10:01, 17 June 2016 (UTC)

Braveheart hi, sorry for taking time responding. Well the mininum is yes, just list of articles. In any parsable format. The maximum is to also provide information on what topic(s) and country(is) are the each of the articles about, and, for improved ones, also the improvers' names. The format I described earlier is preferable for me for this, but any parsable will do. --Base (talk) 03:26, 19 June 2016 (UTC)
No problem, Wikimania ist just around the corner, pretty busy getting ready for that myself. We have a list here. I could change up the list to also mention the country if need be. --Braveheart (talk) 08:41, 19 June 2016 (UTC)

Science photo competition[edit]

Hi Base! Thank you for your message. I have discussed the matter with @Athikhun.suw:.

  1. We are potentially interested in the activity. However, we will be busy during these months: SEP=WLM, NOV=WAM. Do you wish to have the competition at the same time? May I propose October or December?
  2. Do you wish to have a common theme for the competition? We are approaching a local microscope society and we may set the theme to be related to the microscopy.

--Taweethaも (talk) 22:38, 11 August 2016 (UTC)

December would be nice. We would have some time for campaigning/advertisement, and perhaps encourage other communities to participate. The theme can be set related to microscopy since its availability on Wikipedia is quite limited, though should not be limited to. -Athikhun.suw (talk) 00:53, 12 August 2016 (UTC)
How about November? December can be for evaluating photos, so the results will be announced in 2016 (at the beginning of 2017) --アンタナナ 08:27, 12 August 2016 (UTC)
Taweethaも, Athikhun.suw,
  1. I've discussed the time frame with Brunei since the first message, the best for us would be October, actually he wants it to start as early as September 25th. (アンタナナ, he says other potential orgs would only be motivated and have time to help if we have awards ceremony on November 10-12). Well in case we do not agree on the same time it would not be a disaster, though IMO it is better to run simultaniously.
  2. As to the topic, take a look at the last years model. I think we should do something based on this (perhaps add or substract a topic or two). One would be too narrow, IMO. Though perhaps we can highlight one of those somehow, like with better prizes or better promotion.
--Base (talk) 12:30, 12 August 2016 (UTC)
  1. @Taweetham:, I think October is more appropriate. It would also be more manageable to have the WAM (in November) and the photo contest (in October rather than November) in different months.
  2. Thank you @Base: for pointing out the last year's model, perhaps we can make adjustments from that. I agree that one topic is too narrow. Medical images are another area missing in last year's competition, maybe we can include them this year.
--Athikhun.suw (talk)

Athikhun.suw, Taweethaも, hi. How is it going? We have started on 1st and running to 28th of October. If you haven't started yet it is ok if you do it in some other timespan. I am very sorry for not communicating any progress :/ If you need help with Upload and Central Notice campaigns I can provide it. I suggest we move to fb chat or whatever to discuss it real time --Base (talk) 08:49, 8 October 2016 (UTC)

Athikhun.suw We are working to finalize WLM. Athikhun will answer you here if we can still work on the Science Photo Competition. --Taweethaも (talk) 03:58, 23 October 2016 (UTC)

Mail[edit]

Hello,

I sent an email to you and Vira yesterday. Would be great if you have a look.--Muzammil (talk) 17:44, 24 August 2016 (UTC)

RfC: Protect user pages by default[edit]

A request for comment is available on protecting user pages by default from edits by anonymous and new users. I am notifying you because you commented on this proposal when it was either in idea or draft form. Funcrunch (talk) 17:42, 31 August 2016 (UTC)

Survey on Inspire Campaign for addressing harassment[edit]

NounProject Leaves.png

Thanks for your participation during the Inspire Campaign focused on addressing harassment from June 2016. I'm interested in hearing your experience during the campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating.

Please feel free to let me know on my talk page if you have any questions about the campaign or the survey. Thanks! I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 03:23, 10 September 2016 (UTC)

(Opt-out instructions)

Announcing a new mailing list for Meta-Wiki administrators[edit]

Hello!

As a regular administrator on Meta-Wiki, you're allowed to subscribe to the recently created metawiki-admins mailing list. This is a closed mailing list for announcements, asking for help and discussion between Meta-Wiki administrators. If you wish to subscribe, please fill the form at this page and then contact Savh or MarcoAurelio via Special:EmailUser using your administrator account so they can verify the authenticity of your request and address. You'll find more information on the mailing list description page. Should you have any doubts or questions, feel free to contact any of us. We hope that this tool is useful for all.

Best regards,
-- MarcoAurelio and Savh 12:31, 9 November 2016 (UTC)
Mailing list administrators for metawiki-admins mailing list.

Message sent to members of Meta:Administrators/Mass-message list. Please see there to subscribe or unsubscribe from further mass messages directed to the whole group of administrators.

CIS-A2K pages[edit]

Hello, hope you are doing well. You have recently deleted some CIS-A2K talk pages such as Talk:CIS-A2K/Work plan July 2015 - June 2016/TTT Program, Talk:CIS-A2K/Work plan July 2015 - June 2016/Publicity, Research and Documentation. These are talk pages, I can't recall what were in these pages, we have seen the edit summary but could you please provide some more details or restore the pages back? Thank you. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 10:00, 29 December 2016 (UTC)

Hi, Tito Dutta. Those were all pages created as blank by రహ్మానుద్దీన్ and then moved along their respective content pages by you as per Talk:CIS-A2K#Mega Move Request, thus you have them watched. I was cleaning some empty pages so got those ones caught up in this. I see that there are also now broken redirects to be deleted now. As there were literally nothing in them, it makes little sense to restore them :) --Base (talk) 11:43, 29 December 2016 (UTC)

Subscription[edit]

Hello Base. I've received a subscription request for the admin list from someone that appears to be you. It it was you, please send to Savh or myself an email via EmailUser so this can be verified. Regards, —MarcoAurelio 09:16, 27 February 2017 (UTC)

Hi MarcoAurelio, if it is base-w[commercial at]yandex.ru then it is me, I indeed did apply :) I have another email connected to SUL so emailuser won't be helpful. --Base (talk) 12:12, 27 February 2017 (UTC)
Done. You should have received a mail with the credentials. Regards, —MarcoAurelio 12:57, 1 March 2017 (UTC)
Yes, I did receive it. Thanks! ^_^ --Base (talk) 15:21, 1 March 2017 (UTC)

CEE Spring Stats[edit]

Hi Base! As discussed last weekend in person, here's the friendly reminder for the CEE Spring Stats. If you need anything, just let me or User:Magalia know. :-) Have a great day! Braveheart (talk) 09:57, 4 April 2017 (UTC)

Thanks for the great work! :-) Just wondering if the bot is set to update daily/every two hours? Braveheart (talk) 09:43, 9 April 2017 (UTC)

No, it isn't. Well they are not complete yet thus I did not actually announce them. I will think about some automation for regular update too. (But now they live on my computer so for the time being they require manual launch) --Base (talk) 18:10, 9 April 2017 (UTC)
Ok, thanks for clarifying :-) Braveheart (talk) 08:11, 10 April 2017 (UTC)

Hi Base! Is there anything we can do to help you do the final run of statistics? It would be great to have some complete stats to write about in the upcoming blog post :-) Best, Braveheart (talk) 13:01, 2 June 2017 (UTC)

Hi. Here's the Config.java class where most of this year's configuration is stored. For example, populateCountries and populateTopics methods should be updated with the actual Wikidata items for this years categories added by templates (It should be checked that those categories are created in all the editions and that they are interconnected on WD. Also clean-up should be done in each Wikipedia, it is very not uncommon for people to decide that Nature / Geography and Transport / Infrastructure are four and not 2 things, some end-up coining their own topics and creating categories for something like People or whatever. Also getWikiTemplateRegex should be checked to match all the wikis templates and the timezone switch-case in constructor should be checked to reflect what Wikimedia CEE Spring 2017/Rules say. That is speaking of not really technical things. I will run an update of what stats currently are so that unlinked to WD articles could be dealt with. --Base (talk) 01:48, 3 June 2017 (UTC)
Thanks! :-) We'll look into it! Braveheart (talk) 12:53, 3 June 2017 (UTC)

Re: ru:wikt:Служебная:Фильтр_злоупотреблений/34[edit]

Quite abusive indeed. So far it went unnoticed because it was triggered very few times, I guess. It would be nice if you could write the admin asking them whether they know

  • that such changes can be done with requesting wiki configuration changes to avoid confusing the users,
  • that restricting editing from unregistered users is considered a big deal and what consensus/reasons they had,
  • how many of the the ~200 edits prevented were really abusive.

--Nemo 18:32, 31 May 2017 (UTC)

Re: Question[edit]

Hello
I saw your question here. I am traveling and have very little or no internet connection. I'll check and reply in 36 hours. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:07, 18 July 2017 (UTC)

  • Hello, I have not got back stable internet connection (local travels going on), unfortunately I have got a bad viral fever too. Preparation part and translation units were not done properly (step 4). -- Tito Dutta (talk) 11:13, 22 July 2017 (UTC)

RfC translation[edit]

Hi. At Talk:Requests for comment/Clarification to CU policy we're trying to make the rfc translatable. I moved the text to a /text subpage and left the signatures in the main RfC page. Please let me know if that's correct or feel free to amend it as you see fit. Thank you for your assistance. Best regards, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 16:41, 4 August 2017 (UTC)

Blocking[edit]

Thank you for clarifying, I knew this but I forgot to delete the template after unblocking. Have a nice day. سمير تامر (talk) 23:46, 21 August 2017 (UTC)

RevisionDelete?[edit]

It looks like this probably calls for more than just reverting. Don't you think it should be removed from the page history altogether? - dcljr (talk) 13:25, 23 August 2017 (UTC)

Please reply to this. That revision seems to (potentially) contain private (or at least personal) information about someone. - dcljr (talk) 05:08, 30 August 2017 (UTC)
Hi. I was participating in Ukrainian Wikiconference so had little time to deal with your inquiry, please accept my apology. But I am currently having a wikibreak, so do not guarantee responding in timely manner in general, though I am wikiogrishly here as when was doing those edits. It is a good idea to just ask someone at #wikimedia-stewards in PM to just OS the information in such cases. I am not a frequent user of RevisionDelete, but you are probably right, potentially this is not just a gibberish but compromising information of some real person so I will proceed with deleting it using admin-tools. --Base (talk) 16:43, 30 August 2017 (UTC)
Sorry, I hadn't noticed you were on a break. Thanks for taking care of this. By the way, I'd like to offer two small suggestions about your user page, one to improve the English grammar and one to make it worse:
  1. Instead of starting with "Hi. That is my page…", you should say "Hi. This is my page…", since you are presenting your page for the first time (as opposed to referring to an already-mentioned page).
  2. I assume when you say "so all Bases belong to me", you are alluding to the famous Zero Wing quote. Might I suggest you make the allusion even stronger and say "all the Base are belong to me"?
Thanks, again… - dcljr (talk) 17:24, 30 August 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for suggestions! That first sentence lived there since 2012 when my English was even worse than now, it is really embarrassing that I haven't noticed it is off. As to the quote, the thing is that I never knew the original quote, rather I have learned about the phrase through people alluding to it, it never occurred to me to look for the source, thanks. A Japanese game to boot, wow. I will fix those a bit later, for me editing my own userpage is always a bigger deal than it actually is (and all my userpages suck both useful information presentation and design wise :/ :) ) --Base (talk) 17:40, 30 August 2017 (UTC)

Some page[edit]

Tegel, MarcoAurelio, thanks for deleing Some page I was sure I was using test-wiki, oups. I am currently at Ukrainian Wikiconference and was demonstrating some admin-tools :) --Base (talk) 11:04, 25 August 2017 (UTC)

Питання.[edit]

Привіт!

Тут деякі питання виникли щодо ЦЕЕ Спрінг. Треба твоя увага (а ще краще допомога!).--Nickispeaki (talk) 20:25, 29 August 2017 (UTC)

Привіт, ну це скоріше за все якийсь Павло1, потім відповім йому як він може допомогти. --Base (talk) 20:36, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
Так то воно так, але ж... Чи було нагородження (а перед тим визначення) переможця? Справа тут у чому - я записаний локальним організатором, ви з Атою - міжнародними. Ще Вісем кримськотатарським. Може ще хто - зараз точно не скажу. Казус ще й у тому, що це ВЖЕ набуло міжнародного розголосу і Вісем зі мною їде на СЕЕ Мітінг. ;-0 Так що отак я цю ситуацію бачу. Тобто і моя вина у тому є, що я записався, але мало що робив у цьому році. Ок. Буду вдячний за любу додаткову інформацію і допомогу. І я хочу це питання до 20-х чисел вересня закрити.--Nickispeaki (talk) 15:08, 30 August 2017 (UTC)
Українські організатори: ти, NickK, Dim Grits, я та ViraMotorko (WMUA). Формально ми всі поділяємо відповідальність, реально це в основному моя вина тому що я не спромігся вивести вчасно таблички і т.п. Є інші фактори, але їх можна обговорити потім. Те що хз де обговорити одна з проблем цьогорічного оргкому. Не хвилюйся тебе ніхто на CEEM не поб'є :) Нагородження не було, минулоріч воно було на вікіконференції, цьоріч я лише перед вікіконференцією довивів таблички для оцінювання. Я припускаю що ми можемо або не робити церемонії як такої, або поєднати зі скажімо нагородженням ВЛЗ, його здається не було ще, або в гіршому випадку ВЛП. Те що Павло фасилітує процес загалом добре, але робить він це не дуже конструктивно. --Base (talk) 16:37, 30 August 2017 (UTC)
ЕХ! Просто добре було б сказати про таблички раніше... Ок. А що із 10 і 11 тижнями? Там ще нічого немає.... Чи всі статті у табличках? Навскидку статей десь 1500, в списках десь 1000... Хоча я не підрахоував точно. І добре було б, щоб журі якомога швидше дооцінили всі тижні (статті). Наскільки я бачив, там вже процентів 90 роботи зроблено - ну, принаймні ті статті, що у табличках-тижнях. --Nickispeaki (talk) 19:16, 30 August 2017 (UTC)
Бачу що як мінімум одна не перелічена, пошукаю помилку в визначенні тижня. 1347 всього в укрвікі, припускаю що в списках 1346. Якщо не знайду помилку просто зіллю всі статті в єдиний список не за тижнями (ми цього року переможців тижнів не нагороджуємо). --Base (talk) 20:03, 30 August 2017 (UTC)

Re: Strange translation units[edit]

I don't remember exactly, but I remember that the fundraising people and Tilman used at least once some import/export bot which handled translation unit names in a specific way, so it could have been for that. --Nemo 19:49, 5 September 2017 (UTC)

Nemo, I have encountered an even more interesting redirect Translations:Fundraising_2012/Translation/Jimmy_Appeal/Version_2_h/zh-cn where indeed some bot was used. --Base (talk) 20:00, 5 September 2017 (UTC)

Autopatrollers[edit]

Thank you! :-) SA 13 Bro (talk) 02:17, 14 September 2017 (UTC)

 :) --Base (talk) 02:41, 14 September 2017 (UTC)

Presenting Community Engagement Insights survey report: Tuesday, October 10, 1600 UTC[edit]

Hi Base,
I am reaching out to you because you signed up to receive updates about the Global Wikimedia survey.[1]

We will be hosting a public event online to present the data, a few examples on how teams will be using it for annual planning, and what are next steps for this project. The event will take place on Tuesday, October 10, at 9:00 am PST (1600 UTC), and the presentation will be in English. You can watch the livestream here, and ask question via IRC on #wikimedia-office.

If you are unable attend, you can also find the report on meta, and watch the recording of the event at a later time.

We hope to have you join us online! -- María Cruz 23:28, 2 October 2017 (UTC)

  1. Update your subscription to these messages by clicking here.

Feedback request[edit]

Greetings,

The team that made ORES is working on a new tool called JADE. The new tool is for humans to review the work of ORES, to provide human feedback and oversight. The team would like to hear about how your experience using ORES has been on your wiki, and what you might expect from a tool like the one proposed. If you are interested, you can comment on this page on mediawiki.org.

The team is also interested in sharing updates with you as JADE is developed. Short messages will be sent to this talk page every month or two, linking to a page with further information. Is this something you would like to sign up for? Simply reply to me here if so and I will put your name on the list.

Happy editing to you. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 19:21, 4 October 2017 (UTC)

You can also sign yourself up for updates anytime. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 17:36, 6 October 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for notifying :) I think I will go by the usual way for me — simply read the news from other people's talk pages :) As to the feedback, unfortunatelly I do not have any significant experience to share, I've not been an active user of ORES yet. --Base (talk) 22:44, 6 October 2017 (UTC)

Re:Пугачов Иван Петрович@xal.wikipedia[edit]

Hi Base, sorry, I saw your comment on SRP late. I know blocks in other wiki's not a valid reason for declining the request but there are some other concerns as well about the user's reverts and reporting of LTA's. Ofcourse there is nothing proven here but we don't want to take any risks. Also there is no one at xal wiki to review Пугачов Иван Петрович's actions, we may not be able to always monitor. so we decided better not to grant the permission at this point of time, maybe we can reconsider if there are other active community members at xal wiki. You know what damage one can do with sysop permissions :)--Shanmugamp7 (talk) 03:19, 6 October 2017 (UTC)

Hi, Shanmugamp7. Yes, I know both what kinds of damage can be done with sysop flag and even without it, both quite dire if one knows what to do :) It is ok if there are other concerns, I generally trust your judgement, it just did not look good for me that the concern of many bans was raised while all his bans seem to be rather the same problem and not the one where he is exactly the only wrong party (with the same disclaimer from me - I cannot view deleted revs if there are any). Well, I do not think that appearance of new xal community members is likely, but perhaps it might be good to wait for some time to see how his contribs generally look like (I think some things could be seen even without language knowledge) and act accordingly if he reapplies. --Base (talk) 22:44, 6 October 2017 (UTC)

CentralNotice/Request/2017 Wiki Conference Russia[edit]

  • EN: Dear colleague, what should be my further steps to have CentralNotice/Request/2017 Wiki Conference Russia related banners to be edited as appropriate & enabled via Special:CentralNotice? This is my very first experience in the field & I would be grateful for help.
  • RU: Уважаемый коллега, каковы должны быть мои дальнейшие шаги, чтобы баннеры CentralNotice/Request/2017 Wiki Conference Russia были отредактированы как необходимо и включены посредством Special:CentralNotice? Для меня это первый опыт в данной теме и я буду признателен за помощь.--Frhdkazan (talk) 16:42, 9 October 2017 (UTC)
    Привет. Можно на русском. Та вы всё правильно делаете, более правильно чем большинство тех кто баннеры риквестит, на самом деле. Просто на запросы отвечают полтора человека в лучшем случае, у нас серьёзная нехватка рук, я лично выполняю запросы только когда вижу что никто другой не берётся. Я переспрошу у Седдона, если он не собирается повесить, постараюсь найти компромиссное решение между тем что разные строноны требуют и повесить таки этот злосчастный баннер. --Base (talk) 16:52, 9 October 2017 (UTC)
    Мы с Седдоном последний раз общались в Facebook-чате 29 сентября. Он также видел, что я ему в субботу сообщение оставил, но на Мете пока ничего не правил (занят видимо или ещё в отпуске). Обещал ему начать читать про CentralNotice и разбираться как это работает, и после 21 октября буду готов принять его предложение научить меня создавать баннеры самостоятельно.--Frhdkazan (talk) 17:07, 9 October 2017 (UTC)
    Включил, описал на странице запроса словами с какими именно настройками. Надеюсь всё работает как намеренно, если что сообщайте. Насчёт того что будете учиться делать баннеры это замечательная новость! Если попадутся под руку люди знающие цсс/джаваскрипт желающие помочь — обязательно тяните за собой) --Base (talk) 23:57, 9 October 2017 (UTC)

CentralNotice/Calendar/Archive[edit]

Thanks for taking care of the archive, which is dangerously neglected and omissive as of late! --Nemo 14:14, 11 October 2017 (UTC)

Well, I didn't really do something notable, I just archived the campaigns which have already ended as that page is rather difficult to use when too long. I didn't dig up any missed campaigns if that is what you have thought I did unfortunately. Now without a good structured way to connect respective requests, calendar entries and actual relevant campaigns and banners and furthermore have the actual and planned settings reflected in all the places it is rather tedious to do anything good. For instance I would indeed like to dig up omitted campaigns and banners, but I am not ready to commit myself to look for them among hundreds of gibberishly named fundraising related ones. --Base (talk) 20:23, 12 October 2017 (UTC)
Yeah I know you "just" moved the existing calendar entries, but this at least preserves them from some users who just remove without archiving. --Nemo 19:52, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
Oh. --Base (talk) 20:24, 13 October 2017 (UTC)

well thanks[edit]

for the autopatrol right. unexpected but appreciated. --Artix Kreiger (Message Wall) 19:57, 12 October 2017 (UTC)

 :) --Base (talk) 20:19, 12 October 2017 (UTC)

small question. Am I worth getting the patroller right here? or I should do more reverts before applying? --Artix Kreiger (Message Wall) 00:39, 13 October 2017 (UTC)

IMHO, you are, feel free to drop a line with a request on RFH and get it ^_^ (A bit of bureaucracy for the sake of archiving :) ) --Base (talk) 00:46, 13 October 2017 (UTC)

Help[edit]

Hi Base. Thanks for helping, i was trying to figure it out how to fix links in the menu :) Can you also fix red links on this page please?--Rapsar (talk) 20:22, 12 October 2017 (UTC)

The best strategy is to avoid relative links :) Special:MyLanguage also relieves from the need to specify language manually, as it automatically redirects to page in user's interface language on Meta. This leads to rather long links sometimes, but tvar is always there to hide them from translators' eyes. --Base (talk) 20:50, 12 October 2017 (UTC)

Hi again! Can you please mark Bridges across Cultures/Prizes for translation too? Many thanks! -- Meisam (talk) 12:41, 13 October 2017 (UTC)

Hi, Meisam. But isn't it already marked for translation? --Base (talk) 12:43, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
Not since your last edit! -- Meisam (talk) 12:44, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
Sorry! Looks like I'm mistaking that for some other page! -- Meisam (talk) 12:45, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
Np :) Not all markings for translation entail an edit, some entries live only in the pagetranslation log :) --Base (talk) 12:48, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
Thanks! I found my problem. -- Meisam (talk) 12:51, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
Another question: I didn't find anything in the documentations about the translation of the editnotices. Should we also translate the signature page editnotice? Is there any elegant way to do that? -- Meisam (talk) 20:24, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
Oh, I am not sure it is in the docs, perhaps on Commons. It is sort of possible see Template:Editnotices/Page/Talk:Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2017/Cycle 1. Lemmi have a dinner and I will proceed that one. --Base (talk) 21:01, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
смачного! I tried to mimic the structure in here. -- Meisam (talk) 21:29, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
Дякую :) And for the template too, you've done everything right :) Marked for translation. --Base (talk) 23:11, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
I can't thank you enough for your help. You may have missed Bridges across Cultures/Countries :D -- Meisam (talk) 11:35, 14 October 2017 (UTC)
BTW, the translated pages have language code at the end of their categories. Should Category:Bridges across Cultures be marked for translation too? -- Meisam (talk) 13:27, 14 October 2017 (UTC)
Sorry, forgot to respond. Well, yeah we have (not sure if that page works for non translate admins) quite a few translatable categories, for example Category:Anti vandalism. But for me the way you did it works absolutely fine too. Kaganer, you have a stronger opinion about translatable categories I think, I never liked them for some reason. --Base (talk) 19:51, 14 October 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for everything. I think my job on this contest is mostly done for now. Thanks to you everything went smoothly and also I learned a lot form you. 73 Meisam (talk) 23:39, 14 October 2017 (UTC)
Thank you for your work for the contest :) And for the warm words, it is really gratifying to hear them. Sorry that I not always was as fast at reacting to changes as could have been :) --Base (talk) 01:39, 15 October 2017 (UTC)

Запрос на статус администратора[edit]

Доброго времени суток, Base. Не могли бы вы рассмотреть мою заявку на статус администратора? Спасибо. --K-Shlim Igorevich (talk) 15:20, 13 October 2017 (UTC)

Ну я видел что вы её создали, можете включить её на Meta:Requests for adminship в соответствующем разделе. Только, я надеюсь, вы же понимаете что вас не выберут? Я буду очень рад пополнению команды админов, тут есть много работы и довольно мало людей которые ей занимаются, но проект пока не в таком состоянии чтобы выбирать в админы людей без опыта начинающих с довольно сомнительных правок. Если вы и правда хотите помочь, советую, например занятся переводами. Почитайте mw:Help:Extension:Translate/Translation example о том как это делать и Special:LanguageStats вас ждёт с тысячами полезных потенциальных правок. Только учтите что это нужно делать ответственно. Невычитанные машинные переводы и тому подобное не приветствуются. --Base (talk) 16:15, 13 October 2017 (UTC)

Обнаружены IP-адреса, принадлежащие хостинговым компаниям[edit]

Здравствуйте!

Я обнаружил несколько IP-адресов, которые принадлежат хостинговым компаниям. В причине можно указать шаблон, я его уже создал, называется "Hosting". Эти прокси IP-адреса заблокировать бессрочно, ниже приведены эти IP:

185.76.10.169, 199.66.88.37, 104.131.136.124 (переблокировать бессрочно), 165.227.145.53, 49.213.19.138 (переблокировать бессрочно).

Спасибо! -- K-Shlim Igorevich (talk | contributions) 07:48, 14 October 2017 (UTC)

@K-Shlim Igorevich: Hi! Thank you for creating the new template, I had mark as patrolled the page that you have created. SA 13 Bro (talk) 08:01, 14 October 2017 (UTC)
@SA 13 Bro: I'm not about the template, I'm now about blocking the IP addresses of the proxy. -- K-Shlim Igorevich (talk | contributions) 09:07, 14 October 2017 (UTC)
@K-Shlim Igorevich: Is OK, wait on the results for blocking those proxy IPs. SA 13 Bro (talk) 09:14, 14 October 2017 (UTC)

Защита заглавной страницы[edit]

Здравствуйте!

Я предлагаю защитить заглавную страницу в русском разделе до уровня редактирования только администраторами. Помните, вандалы и регистрироваться умеют! :-) -- K-Shlim Igorevich (talk | contributions) 16:41, 17 October 2017 (UTC)

Если не учитывать ваши переименования которыми вы её были сломали (сделав так что ссылка на неё — двойное перенаправление), страницу вандалили с 2006 года если не пропустил ничего аж 1 раз в 2014. Не думаю что оно того стоит, тут много неадминистраторов которые делают полезные правки. --Base (talk) 02:24, 18 October 2017 (UTC)

Please delete[edit]

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/45.219.253.39 --Artix Kreiger (Message Wall) 01:29, 18 October 2017 (UTC)

Sorry, was afk when you wrote, fortunately Matiia has dealt with it. --Base (talk) 02:25, 18 October 2017 (UTC)

SiberianHuskyRyder[edit]

??? --Artix Kreiger (Message Wall) 23:06, 18 October 2017 (UTC)

He emailed me and the emails were inappropriate. --Base (talk) 23:07, 18 October 2017 (UTC)

Thank you[edit]

Thank you for granting me the autopatrolled 'status'. I am not sure what it means, but since you went to the trouble to do it, it must be important. Best Regards, Barbara (WVS) (talk) 23:23, 18 October 2017 (UTC)

 :), you are welcome. It does not mean a lot but it helps distinguish editors whose edits are known to be trusted from those who are still new and require review. --Base (talk) 23:44, 18 October 2017 (UTC)

Re: Custom message identical for all interface languages[edit]

Re your question: to show the same custom message instead of MediaWiki:centralnotice-summary whatever the language of the user, you have to copy/transclude the custom message on each language code subpage, until phabricator:T50956 is fixed. --Nemo 07:02, 19 October 2017 (UTC)

Thanks for the reply! Crap, another thing where you must use crappy onwiki hacks to make things work as they should :( --Base (talk) 07:28, 19 October 2017 (UTC)

Hey[edit]

Sorry I didn’t mean to make useless page. I was trying to be a better editor but sometimes I was confused by it. --58.161.155.1 11:38, 21 October 2017 (UTC)

CentralNotice[edit]

Greetings, is this notice running? After day one, we did not see the notice. Just now we tried on multiple projects from different systems. Please confirm, thanks in advance. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:56, 24 October 2017 (UTC)

Tito Dutta, crap, you are right it wasn't. I have fixed this and also made it show to 100% instead of 50% of traffic so the number of people who see it should be about the same. --Base (talk) 07:43, 24 October 2017 (UTC)
Many thanks for the prompt action. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:07, 24 October 2017 (UTC)

Autopatrolled[edit]

Hi Base, thank you for the autopatrolled flag. --Antonio1952 (talk) 16:17, 1 November 2017 (UTC)

 :) --Base (talk) 16:57, 1 November 2017 (UTC)
Thank you from me too. I now see. :) Zoranzoki21 (talk) 17:17, 13 December 2017 (UTC)

Synchbot/Archives/Ah3kal[edit]

Hi, I think protection is needed. Thanks. --Artix Kreiger (Message Wall) 20:41, 16 November 2017 (UTC)


Hey, one more question. Can you delete the talk page I blanked? It was created by an LTA . Thanks. --Artix Kreiger (Message Wall) 06:10, 17 November 2017 (UTC)

Done, and done (Billinghurst has changed it to Welcome, but it does not make sense for a locked account). P.S. While I am happy to help I am not always around, not to mention I was planning to be taking a wikibreak, I was lured into staying with backlog at CN requests. It would probably be faster for you to receive help through RFH and appropriate templates such as {{Delete}} even though for now in some cases it would still be me who will respond the request. --Base (talk) 15:18, 17 November 2017 (UTC)
You cannot tell that accounts are locked when editing. Do what you need to do.  — billinghurst sDrewth 21:12, 17 November 2017 (UTC)
enjoy your break Base! Take a long and wonderful nap! --Artix Kreiger (Message Wall) 21:15, 17 November 2017 (UTC)

Підсумки CEE Spring 2017[edit]

Привіт! Я бачу, ти активний тут, хоч і не заходиш до укрВікі. Чи можеш ти, будь ласка, проголосувати у uk:Обговорення Вікіпедії:CEE Spring 2017/Переможці щодо Чорногорії (передостанній розділ знизу)? Це єдиний голос, якого бракує (крім Dim Grits, звісно). Якщо ти не хочеш голосувати щодо Чорногорії, просто підтверди, що не треба чекати на твій голос. Дякую — NickK (talk) 09:34, 17 November 2017 (UTC)

Проголосував. P.S. У мене ввімкнені крос-вікі сповіщення, тому зазвичай я бачу повідомлення які мені залишають у всіх вікі. --Base (talk) 15:11, 17 November 2017 (UTC)