Grants talk:Project/Rapid/User Group Belarus/Wiki Loves Earth Belarus 2020
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Comments from WMF
Hello W, thanks for this Rapid Grant submission. I am glad to see that the Belarusian community is also joining the Wiki Loves Earth contest! I have reviewed your proposal and have the following questions and comments:
- If this request is approved, please be aware that there may be a chance that the Belarusian government would see this grant as taxable income, even if there is no time compensation and the project is volunteer-run. Am I correct that the "Miscellaneous" budget item refers to this possible income tax?
- Are you a member of the Wikimedia Community User Group Belarus or organizing this project on its behalf?
- Could you please confirm that no offline (in-person) meetings and events will be organized in terms of this grant?
- You mentioned that you would also organize a writing contest. Could you please provide more details on when and how you are going to organize it?
- Please consider having at least three members in the jury. Here you can find more information on how to find jury members and organize the selection process.
- Hello, DSaroyan (WMF)! How are you? Thank you for your review. Yes, "Miscellaneous" budget item refers to the income tax, which is 13% in Belarus. I am a member of the Wikimedia Community User Group Belarus with a voluntary role of "Translator (Interpreter) into English and Belarusian" there. I organize this project on my own, as the Meetup was not possible in a timely manner. I can confirm that no offline meetings & events will be organized in terms of this grant. I created a landing page for the Wiki Loves Earth contest in Belarusian Classical Wikipedia, that mentions a simultaneous writing contest (be-tarask:Вікіпэдыя:Праект:Вікі любіць Зямлю). Thank you for advice on the number of jury members. I invited more volunteers to be the jury through the local wiki-forum (be-tarask:Вікіпэдыя:Форум) & Belarusian wiki-groups in social networks ( Telegram + Facebook). Best wishes,--W (talk) 06:48, 6 May 2020 (UTC)