Grants talk:Project/Rapid/WMSK/Wiki Loves Monuments 2020 in Slovakia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Comments from WMF
Hello Jetam2, thanks again for submitting this proposal and organizing the WLM contest in Slovakia. After reviewing your request I have four questions:
- What kind of reward to you plan to offer to jury member and its coordinator?
- Could you please describe your strategy to get images used on projects in a more elaborate way?
- Are you planning to organize any in-person events in terms of this grant?
- Could you please set the grant start date to 23 November 2020? I'm asking this because we cannot approve grants retroactively.
Response from WMSK
Hi, here is our response :)
- We usually give jury members notebooks, pens, USB sticks but because of the crisis, we decided to give them and the coordinator a choice of a gift with the exclusion of a money transfer.
- Could you, please, clarify this question?
- Due to the corona crisis, we are not planning any in-person meetings. For the future, we are planning an exhibition of WLM pictures which would be an award to the winners, promotion of Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons and of the course the competition itself.
- I changed it in Meta :)
- Hello Akdar, thanks for making the requested changes and for your response.
- You mentioned that "After the content, images will be uploaded to other projects.", so my question is — are you planning to take any specific measures or run any activities to make sure that the content is used and uploaded to other projects?
- Thank you! --DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 09:50, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you for the clarification. WLM pictures are quite often linked to the on-wiki lists of monuments by their authors themselves. Other editors link them too so there seems to be no need to organize a special project or plan for this. Perhaps the wording was a bit misleading, they will not be uploaded but rather linked from Commons to its sister projects. I hope that clarifies things.--Jetam2 (talk) 20:48, 20 November 2020 (UTC)