Growing Local Language Content on Wikipedia (Project Tiger 2.0)/Support/Arpitha05
- Wikipedia username
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- Active Kannada wikipedian since April 2018.
- I participated in Kannada wikipedia education program conference held at St Aloysius College,Mangalore.
- Member of Karavali wikipedian user's group.
- Participated in bridging gender gap in wikimedia project.
- Member of Wikiwomen/Mangalore user's group.
- Presently am participating in diversity editathon of wikipedia project.
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or Chromebook)
I need this support because due to the unavibility of laptop and internet facilities,I could not contribute more. Currently am using my college library's system and internet. And I use mobile device at home.
How will you use this in the next six months?
- I will contribute more number of new articles in Kannada and Tulu wikipedia effectively.
- I will participate more editathons in future.
- I will contribute to Wikimedia commons.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Support - Arpitha Hegde is our find during the gender gap editathon held at Govt Women's college, Udupi, last year. She is very enthusiastic to contribute to Wikipedia. Unfortunately, she does not have the necessary infrastructure. In spite of not having the infrastructure, she contributed. I strongly support issuing her a laptop.--Pavanaja (talk) 02:29, 26 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support - Arpitha Hegde is one of the best editors of Kannada and Tulu Wikipedia. And good organizer. We support. Let them have a chance in this project.--Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 09:43, 26 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support-Hope this support will surely help in future days for more contribution of contents to local language. I support Arpitha Hegde to access this.--Durga bhat bollurodi (talk) 14:59, 26 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support - She is more eager towards language, this support will help her lot. --BHARATHESHA ALASANDEMAJALU (talk) 18:52, 26 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support Arpitha is enthusiastic girl and very much interested in contributing to local language. I hope she will contribute more if she gets required resources. I strongly support. --Dhanalakshmi .K. T (talk) 18:56, 26 August 2019 (UTC)
- SupportArpitha her contribution to wikipedia is great. So let her succeed I support her. --22.214.171.124 17:54, 26 August 2019 (UTC)
- Mallikarjunasj (talk) 02:42, 26 August 2019 (UTC) I support this.
- When we arranged an Editathon for Women Wikipedians during April 2018 (in Association with WikiWomen, Mangaluru) in our college, I was hoping at least a couple of students will pursue to contribute to Wikipedia. Arpitha Hegde has lived up to her name and she needs support.--Gradiga (talk) 16:38, 26 August 2019 (UTC)
- I Support.Ashay vb (talk) 05:54, 27 August 2019 (UTC)
- I Support.--Kishorekumarrai (talk) 04:36, 1 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support Recently met her in one of the event. Previously she was part of many online and offline programs. The good quality I found in her is she loves to learn new things. Since she is a student, I believe this support will help her boost her activity in upcoming edit-a-thon.