Hardware donation program/Mohammed Galib Hasan
Your contact information
- your username
- Mohammed Galib Hasan
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your plan
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you.
I am involved with the Wikimedia movement since 2015. I am an active Wikimedia contributor for last 3 years with near about 7000+ global edits till now. I am mostly active contributor in Bangla Wikipedia. Apart from that, I am also an active in Outreach,Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata, Meta-Wiki, Translatewiki, . Last 1 years i am actively working on Wikipedia Education Program(WEP) as a Coordinator and now i am focusing on it very much. As i am currently working with Education team in many Program. I have represented WEP in many International Conference and program by the support of WEP Team.
Currently I have no personal laptop.A laptop may be helpful for keeping online-offline contribution actively with more edits and specially i am conducting a new campaign program in a University, where my department students will contribute improve/create to some specific articles on Electrical Engineering, so it will be a great if i can have a laptop during the Program which will be more easier to run the program smoothly. i.e- When taking any workshop, Making list of Articles, or Progress report etc. Above all it will be more easier for me to Contribute in Wiki Movement if i have a Personal Laptop.
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
- Wikipedia Education Program.
- Wikipedia (Bengali)
- Wikimedia Commons
- Translate wiki
Work you're proud of
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
- I had an opportunity to talk one-on-one with Galib about his idea for the Inspire Campaign focused on inviting new readers to Wikipedia projects, focused on engineering students in Bangladesh. Galib discussed community-building work he has done at two universities in teaching electrical engineering students how to contribute to Wikipedia, gathering references and sources with which to create engineering-related content specific to Bangladesh, and seeking to expand his audience to reach engineering students generally to use Wikipedia. Based on this work and planned work, Galib would be better able to contribute personally, lead events, and reach different audiences with a laptop. I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 17:34, 1 March 2018 (UTC)
- I met Galib when I travelled in Bangladesh and found him to be a very enthusiastic and dedicated Wikipedian. --Kritzolina (talk) 21:15, 1 March 2018 (UTC)
- A laptop is obviously important especially when working across Wikimedia projects. I had an opportunity to discuss several issues with Galib in person during his conference visit in Bangkok a few months ago. I noticed the very old laptop he was using at the time was borrowed from a friend. I'm sure that he'd better of with a newer one. --Athikhun.suw (talk) 06:08, 2 March 2018 (UTC)
- Galib is an active Wikipedian. He already arranges several Wiki Education program in the different institute. He is very active in many projects and offline activities. A laptop helps him a lot. -Hasive • talk • 09:47, 4 March 2018 (UTC)
- Certainly. Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 05:31, 4 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support --J. Ansari Talk 09:28, 21 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support This user has been doing extensive outreach in Bangladesh, especially in the area of Wikipedia Education Program, and student communities. I am confident that this user will make the best use of this hardware to contribute to Wikimedia movement. KCVelaga (talk) 16:54, 14 September 2018 (UTC)