Help talk:Keyboard shortcuts
change the mappings
found it: User_Styles#Changing_access_keys
- Yes, its very hard to find info on this, finally figured it out on my own. Btw, newer versions of mediawiki does not have monobook.js. I have MediaWiki 1.4rc1 and this is my solution to disable the pesky keyboard shortcuts (that interfere with firefox shortcuts, eg. alt-d to get to URL box).
Look for the lines that match this string: akeytt(). There should be two instances of this, one where the function is defined, and when it is called. comment out the part where akeytt() is called and all keyboard shortcuts should be disabled.
Jctong 01:00, 30 Jun 2005 (UTC)
multiple keys for singlr fuction
Is it possible?
in many languages, keys on the keyboard serve double purpose as english or otherwise.
For example, someone writing in hebrew would have to stop and chane the keyborad language before using shortcuts, as Alt-b would be recognized by the computer as Alt-נ.
This kind of defeats the purpose of a shortcut.
Is it Possible to set the Accesskey to be both "b" and "נ"? (I know I can just cjange it to "נ", but I rather have them both) Daniel Tzvi 14:55, 12 October 2006 (UTC)
I tried to clean up
Poorly written, I rewrote a little. Errectstapler 06:48, 19 June 2011 (UTC)
A number of the rows in the table of Default Shortcuts have a question mark in the keyboard key column. Since the same shortcut can't be used for all these different rows, this must have a special meaning, but what? Does it mean
- There's no default shortcut for that function?
- There is one, but the person building the table didn't know what it was?
- Something else?
There needs to be a statement of what that question mark means.
- @Ann-1902: This seems to be a request for help with a Thai keyboard layout or setting up a Thai input method.
- First, have you set Thai as your preferred language, either in your preferences or through a link to the left of your username in the top-right corner of any wiki page (do this on the wiki you want to edit).
- Are any of the following pages helpful to you?
- You may have more success getting help at the Thai Wikipedia, assuming you speak and read Thai. - dcljr (talk) 08:25, 9 April 2019 (UTC)