|India Women's History Month Edit-a-Thon!|
- Date: Saturday March 8, 2014
- Time: 10:00-1:30 pm
- Location: CBIT Campus, Hyderabad
- Event: Celebrating Wiki Women's Day & Wikipedia Demonstration Workshop
- Entry: Open for everyone(All colleges/Branches/Years)
- Registration fee : FREE !
- Certificaton: All the participants will be awarded by 'participation certificate from Wikipedia'
Why attend this event
Come meet your fellow editors and help improve Wikipedia articles related to women. Don't know how to edit Wikipedia? That's ok, friendly, experienced editors will be here to help! Everyone is welcome to come edit Wikipedia with us at this event. Women, new editors, those who want to learn how to edit or can teach others how.
What to Expect
A lot will be going on. So… expect to:
- Learn more about Wikipedia.
- Find out how to edit a wikipedia page & learn to contribute for wikipedia projects.
- Engage in discussions regarding gender gap in wikipedia, how it badly effects the society with gender-biased knowledge.
- Meet & network with tons of cool people in your college and people from other colleges.
- Voice your opinion & share your ideas with the people and media attending.
- Find out about CBIT Wiki being created, and get to involve in it as well.
- Have lots and lots of fun.
- Communicate your stories about wiki with us.
|10:00 to 10:30 am||Registration|
|10:30 to 11:00 am||The Politics of Gendered Knowledge Production in the Age of Internet|
|11:00 t0 11:30 am||Wikipedia demonstration + Basics of Wikipedia Editing (hands on activity)|
|11.30 to 01:30 pm||International Women's Day Edit-a-thon|
|01:30 to 02:15 pm||Lunch Break|
|02:15 to 05:00 pm||International Women's Day Edit-a-thon continues|
What to Bring
Anything! Bring your laptops, mobile phones, phasers set to stun, etc. but above all, your energy and your brains! We’re trying to make this event very hands on, so feel free to bring all your wacky geektronics so that you can participate in all the fun. Don’t worry if you don’t bring anything since there will still be tons of stuff to do.
- --T. Vishnu Vardhan (talk),Programme Director, Access To Knowledge, Centre for Internet and Society
- --Muzammil (talk),Programme Officer, Access To Knowledge, Centre for Internet and Society
Feel free to mention if you'll be bringing a friend, collegue, or family member.
- --Visdaviva (talk) 06:16, 6 March 2014 (UTC)
- --Muzammil (talk) 07:35, 6 March 2014 (UTC)
- --Ranjith Raj Vasam (talk)
- --Bharatherukulla (talk)
- Shashank Gurudu
- Ferdose Ashraf
- --Ram chetan (talk)
- Rohith Ravi Teja
- Rohit Kumar
- --Monica Donekal (talk)
- --Manjula S (talk)
- --veera bharani (talk)
- --Sukhminder Kaur (talk)
- --Rajasree_Bale ( talk)
- Sowmya Jsl
- Sripriya pullela (talk)
- Naveena lasya (talk)
- Vamshi K
- siripermi (talk)
- Nikhila ( talk)
- Prathyusha A ( talk)
- Jeevan Chanda
- Reshma qureshi
- sandhya rani
- S Sravanthi
- Ch S L Shravani
- sharmila gayathri
- P.Sai Reethi
- m.ram sagar
- r.s.s shekhar
- n.v. hema divya
- d.hema latha
- Shreya Reddy
- Sumithra Mounika
- G.Nikitha Reddy
- Sri Anusha V
- Gowtham Sai
- Varsha ch
- Sai Manogna
- --Lavanya_deepthi (talk)
- K.Laxmi Supriya
- Varun Raj
- Vamshi krishna
- T.swathi reddy
(Simply click the edit button, add your name and hit save page. Or have a friend or Wikipedian sign you up!)