CIS-A2K/Events/Wikipedia in the Indian Undergraduate Language Classrooms
< CIS-A2K | Events(Redirected from India Access To Knowledge/Events/Wikipedia in the Indian Undergraduate Language Classrooms)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Time and Venue
9:00 - 17:30 pm, 1 October 2013 (Tuesday)
- Wikipedia in the Indian Undergraduate Language Classrooms - Introductory note by Dr. Anil Pinto, Registrar, Christ University.
- Presentation entitled "Understanding Digital Turn and the impact on Knowledge Production" by T Vishnu Vardhan, Programme Director, CIS-A2K Programme.
- Wikipedia Demonstration by Dr Pavanaja, Programme Officer.
- Wikipedia based Activity by CIS-A2K Team comprising T Vishnu Vardhan, Programme Director and Programme Officers Dr Pavanaja, Muzammil and Subhashish.
- Open Discussion – Challenges, Possibilities and Opportunities - interaction between T Vishnu Vardhan with Christ University faculty members.
- Charting the way forward - Conclusion by Dr. Anil Pinto, Registrar, Christ University and T Vishnu Vardhan.
This event was attended by the following professors of the Christ University:
- Prof Shivaprasad
- Prof M T Rathi
- Prof P Krishnaswami
- Prof K Sebastian
- Prof George Joseph
- Prof Abdul Munaff
- Prof M V Praphulla
Significant outcomes of the workshop are as follows:
- It was agreed on making Wikipedia part a part of second language classroom sessions at Christ University.
- Academic assessment parameters were broadly discussed and a general agreement was reached.