CIS-A2K/WikiProject Christ University
CIS-A2K (Centre for Internet and Society - Access to Knowledge) is a campaign to promote the fundamental principles of justice, freedom, and economic development. It deals with issues like copyrights, patents and trademarks, which are an important part of the digital landscape.
If you have a general proposal/suggestion for Access to Knowledge team you can write on the discussion page. If you have appreciations or feedback on our work, please share it on feedback page.
||Reports & Blogs||Media Coverage||Gallery|
Christ University is a private deemed university in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. Founded in 1969, it is managed by the priests of Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI), the first indigenous Syrian Catholic religious congregation in India. The college was granted deemed university status in 2008.
The university offers a range of nationally and internationally recognized undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in a variety of academic disciplines including Law, Business Administration, Commerce, Management, Humanities, Sciences, and Social Sciences. In addition, it offers professional courses in a number of fields including Business Management, Computer Application, Hotel Management, Mass Communication, Social Work, Engineering and Tourism.
Christ College was recognized by the University Grants Commission of India, (UGC) on June 17, 1972. It was accredited by the NAAC, a UGC-funded body, in 1998 and reaccredited in 2005. Christ College has the distinction of being the first college in the state of Karnataka to be accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), for quality education. It is currently rated an A+ institution by the NAAC and was recognized as a College with Potential for Excellence.
This programme is focussed on the newly enrolled students of undergraduate courses who have to study a second language as part of the course. The available second languages are as follows:
The students of these courses have to:
- register on Wikipedia.
- take up an assignment relating to editing / creating articles on Wikipedia.
- work in teams of two members each but at the same each member will be evaluated separately for the contributions made by the person individually based on contribution and edit history.
This programme will be supervised by the following language faculty members of the Christ University:
|S.No.||Name of the Faculty Member||Language|
|2.||Prof K Sebastian||Hindi|
Responsibilities of Students
- Selection of the topic (new article / expanding existing article)
- Writing 500-750 words individually / 1000-1500 words as a team on the topic.
- Completion of the Wikipedia article between December 1, 2013 and First Week of February 2014.
Responsibilities of Christ University
- Sharing the particulars of the students and their usernames with the CIS.
- Formation of the student teams.
- Selection and Communication of the Campus Ambassadors.
- Review of the Weekly Reports prepared by CIS and awarding grades to the students.
Contributions Expected from the Students
- There can be 2 students per team which will be required to write 500-1000 words article for CIA to be developed over the
- Each student will be evaluated individually based on the edit contributions made with the userid.
- ↑ ":::Deemed University - University Grants Commission :::". ugc.ac.in. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- ↑ "Christ University Vision and Mission". Christ University. Retrieved November 11, 2013.