CIS-A2K (Centre for Internet and Society - Access to Knowledge) is a campaign to promote the fundamental principles of justice, freedom, and economic development. It deals with issues like copyrights, patents and trademarks, which are an important part of the digital landscape.
If you have a general proposal/suggestion for Access to Knowledge team you can write on the discussion page. If you have appreciations or feedback on our work, please share it on feedback page.
This page is intended for appreciations and feedback on the work of the India Program. Please add your comments below. Ideally, the comments would reference specific work or activities and provide constructive thoughts on opportunities for improvement. Please sign your posts.
What do we expect from members of the Program working with the community?
This is fairly specific feedback on what we expect from members working with the Program. This may show a lack of understanding in what the Program is expected to do, in which case I would appreciate a clarification on the same. I have maintained a differentiation between Program members and Community members for the purpose of clarity. I am also keeping the discussion simple by not bringing the Chapter into the equation. However, I believe that once this discussion is settled, bringing the Chapter into the equation would be much simpler.
The community events may require support of the Programs Team under specific conditions. This include reaching out to the national press, reaching out to other institutions etc.
- The Programs Team may or may not be able to help out in all cases. In cases where the Programs team cannot help out, community members would appreciate an honest answer on the capability of taking on the tasks.
- The Programs Team would also do well to appraise the Community member asking for help on the specific areas where the Programs Team can or cannot help.
- When the Programs Team is asked for help and such help is given, please ensure that the Community member is in the loop on any steps that a Program Team member is taking while providing such help. Make the Community members feel that the Program Team is working almost as part of the group, as a part of the Community.
- I am sure the Programs Team members will have ideas on the event proposed by the Community member. Please take some time in understanding the concept that the Community members have. Provide suggestions and appreciate that the community members will have some inhibitions of some of the ideas that the Programs Team members have.
- In either case of a help being given or not given by a Programs Team member, I hope the community member thanks the Programs Team for its help.
The Programs Team is working under extraordinary and unparalleled conditions, which I appreciate. It is an unique experience for both the Programs Team and the Community members. I hope after each event, both the Community and the Programs Team feel enriched by the experience and walk away happy by the work they did together. Prad2609 (talk) 07:30, 14 November 2012 (UTC)
- Hey Pradeep, Thanks for your note. Here is a detailed Programme Plan of A2K Team. Please let us know if you need any clarifications on this. Thanks! Nitika.t (talk) 09:37, 19 November 2012 (UTC)
Rationale for choosing performing arts as a pilot target for the A2K project
I ran through the links but do not see a debate or rationale for the choice of performing arts as an area to work with in the A2K project. While it is certainly an interesting area, it would seem like something that has low impact. Would really have thought something related to geography, agriculture, health or other aspects of day to day application would be an area of work where local language Wikipedias could show their real value. I am quite sure that there must have been a debate among highly-qualified folks, but would be nice to know. Shyamal (talk) 14:02, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
- Hello Shyamal. Have replied here. Sorry that you had to write it twice. But we wanted to capture the feedback on each aspect of our work plan as focused as possible. --Visdaviva (talk) 17:38, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
All the knowledge based programs are carefully selected, and going in the right direction. Congrats. -Radhatanaya.
Complaint against Wikipedia Education Program run at Christ University
I know this is not proper place to raise this kind of issues, but now it is very harmful for sa.wikipedia. First of all I clear that, I am putting this complain here because with help of CIS-A2K some wikipedians are going to chrish university for community build up. If I am wrong Please correct me. Since 2 years I am seeing that students of christ university are making pages in sa.wikipedia and other wikipedia too. But here I am taking about sa.wikipedia only.
- here and here you can see how big problem it is. In daily bases C.U Students are creating issues in sa.wikipedia.
- CIS-A2K team is going to C.U. and from sa.wikipedia some wikipedians are going there too. You (CIS-A2K) are spending money or time or both in that place. The students of C.U are creating worst editing in sa.wikipeida. They only adds garbage values in sa.wikipedia. No one understands what they are writing in sa.wikipedia. So please do some announcement to reduce or stop these kinds of edits in sa.wikipedia.
- "Out reach programmers are done by volunteers and they spending their own time for this work. So we can't tell them." it is not proper reason to do this kind of work. I attended TTT program and understood that, when some one is doing out reach program, he must carry whole responsibility of that program. Here if some sa.wikipediana are going to C.U., than it is his/her/their responsibility to teach them properly. I request here please make them responsible for this work.
- Since two years am also doing out reach and seminars on sa.wikipedia. But till now not a single person done these kinds of mistakes. Because I teach them as per rules. I understand that sa.wikipedia is not a garbage collection box. It is collection of knowledge, which reflects in your name CIS-A2K too. So please be neutral in this issue and guide me or guide them or both to increase sa.wikipedia.
If I have been done some rude comment, Please forgive me. I know CIS-A2K doing great work for Indic Languages and I am not a critic of your work. I request you that please make responsible those wikipedians, who are back of this edit of C.U. NehalDaveND (talk) 11:46, 11 January 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for your concerns. Rahmanuddin has replied on Sanskrit Wikipedia Village pump. Let us know if you have any query or concerns. -- -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:35, 14 January 2016 (UTC)
- User:Titodutta (This is not only for you. This is all CIS-A2K team.) after long time this problem is not solved. Now other CIS-A2K person is going to this university and doing same thing on sa.wikipedia.org. (here here) I tried to collaborate with your team but end of our discussion nothing is changed. So many time I mailed CIS-A2k and nothing in action. I ask to get involve in this project but I thing CIS team not want to solve this problem. So Please end this Education program if you can't run in properly. At least in sa.wikipedia. you will have to work properly. Please consider this or tell me how can I request to STOP this Education Program for Sanskrit wikipedia OR involve me into this project. NehalDaveND (talk) 12:02, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
As you are aware we have had conversations regarding improving the WEP program at Christ University, Bnagalore. We have even taken into account your suggestions regarding the assignment distribution and evaluation. I request you to kindly offer us a different plan that can be implemented in the next Skype call that we have agreed upon. I assure you that if we do not come up with a revamped plan of running a better WEP for the next academic year we shall surely exit from WEP at Christ University.
I have also taken the liberty of changing the topic of this section, I hope you do not mind to that. I have done so because the complaints are against the WEP program rub by CIS-A2K at Christ University and not against the University itself.