Prozedur fir d'Eraussiche vun engem Logo
This procedure is proposed by the Wikimedia Foundation for promoting and selecting logos for new projects, and new logos for existing projects. Please join in discussing this procedure and possible improvements on the talk page. We hope to have a procedure in place for a July 10 start of a Wikivoyage logo selection process.
Logo selection procedure
- Submission period. There is no voting during the two-week submission period, but discussion is encouraged. Images may be modified during this period, and derivatives may be submitted. All images must accord to the logo submission rules (see below).
- Elimination round. After the submission period, entries are presented in randomized display for one week of voting. Each voter may choose a first, second and third preference.
- Finalist review. After the top three usable submissions by vote are determined – the Wikimedia Foundation may be required to eliminate candidates for legal and technical issues (see rules below) – there will be another community discussion and review of up to five business days. By talk-page consensus, up to two modified versions of a logo finalist may be entered along with the finalist for the final vote. Any modified versions selected will be reviewed again by the Foundation before the final vote.
- Final vote. As many as nine logos (three originals and up to two modifications of each) may be entered into the one-week final vote and presented in randomized display for voting. Winners should be announced within about two business days of the close of voting.
Logo submission rules
- Eligibility. You can submit logos for consideration only if (i) you are the original creator, or (ii) they are attributed modifications of other logos submitted through this process. By submitting, you implicitly acknowledge that you have read and agree to these rules.
- Agreement implicit upon submission.
(a) By uploading logos, you agree to enter into a contract to assign and license all of your rights in your submission to the Wikimedia Foundation. You acknowledge and agree to grant to the Wikimedia Foundation an exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, fully paid-up license to use, reproduce, and exploit in any way without limitation all copyright, trademark, publicity, and any other intellectual property or other proprietary rights in your logo.
(b) You must already have the rights to the submission in order to license them; therefore, you warrant that, unless your submission is an attributed modification of a logo design submitted for consideration by someone else, you are the owner of all copyright, trademark, moral, publicity, and other intellectual and proprietary rights to the proposed logo design and that it does not violate such rights of any third party.
(c) If your submission is a modification of a logo design submitted for consideration by someone else, you warrant that you have fully attributed the original with reference to the original submitter’s name and a link to that submission, and that you are the owner of all copyright, trademark, moral, publicity, and other intellectual and proprietary rights to your contributions to the logo design, and that it does not violate such rights of any third party.
- Disputes. While we hope that there is no dispute between you and the Wikimedia Foundation, we need to set some rules about how any disputes that may arise will be handled. By participating in the logo selection process, you agree that your submission, your license of rights in it, and any dispute shall be governed by the laws of the United States of America and will be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City and County of San Francisco, California.
Allgemeng Regele beim Eraussiche vun engem Logo
Beispill fir een Zäitplang
This timeline uses dates for the proposed process for the Wikivoyage logo selection (see talk and Wikivoyage/Logo announcement)
- July 10, 2013: Submission period opens
- July 24, 2013: Submission period closes; elimination round voting begins
- July 31, 2013: Voting closes; vote tally begins
- August 5, 2013: Wikimedia Foundation review of top selected submissions
- August 10, 2013: Final modification period
- August 17, 2013: Finalists submitted for WMF review (if modifications chosen)
- August 22, 2013: Final vote opens
- August 29, 2013: Final vote closes; vote tally begins
- August 31, 2013: New logo officially announced