Time 時間: 25.11.2017 (Sat 六) 18:00 − 22:00
Venue 地點: Ooosh
Unit 2002-04, 20/F, 9 Chong Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon
請聯絡 Contact: Telegram: @springrollconan / @wc.dvtr
November 2017 is the Wikipedia Asian Month, an online editathon which aims to improve coverage of Wikipedia concerning Asian countries and territories. Though itself a virtual event, we – Hong Kong Wikimedians – are excited to hold an offline event on 25 November 2017 to further its goal. All Wikimedians (regardless of experience, but a registered account is required) are welcome. Refreshments provided. Join us to do our best!
|London 126||14 January|
|Manchester 35||14 January|
|London 125||10 December|
|Edinburgh 12||30 November|
|Manchester 34||26 November|
|Cambridge 36||25 November|
|Asian Month Edit-a-thon
in Hong Kong
|Oxford 56||19 November|
|Mahidol University 12||18 November|
|Wikipermanence in Montpellier||13 November|
|Bangkok 1||2 November|
at Frankfurt Bookfair 2017
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
|6:00 pm||Wikipedia accounts setup and user support||帳號註冊及解難|
|6:30 pm||Training I: Introduction / getting started||新手教學：導論、入門須知|
|7:25 pm||Training II: Basic editing skills, notability and proper way to show information||新手教學（二）：基本編輯技能、關注度、正確的宣傳手法|
|8:40 pm||Editing Session||編輯時間|
If you have not created a Wikimedia account before joining the event, there will be staff available to create one for you.
Ways to go 到達方法
- MTR: The nearest MTR station is Ngau Tau Kok, served by Kwun Tong Line. Leave the station at Exit A, turn right, cross the footbridge, reach Millennium City Phase III, exit the building (by Kwun Tong Rd), turn left, then turn left at the first junction, then turn left at the next junction. Go straight and here you are.
- Bus: Ooosh is served by numerous bus routes via Kwun Tong Road.
- Cross-harbour services 過海巴士: 101, 619, 671
- From Kowloon and New Territories 九龍／新界巴士: 1A, 3D, 5R, 11B, 11C, 11D, 13D, 13M, 14, 14B, 14X, 15, 15A, 16, 17, 23M, 28B, 38, 40, 40P, 42C, 62X, 74D, 74X, 80, 80X, 83X, 89, 89B, 89C, 89D, 89X, 93K, 95M, 98A, 215X, 258D, 259D, 268C, 269C, 277E, 277X, 296A, 296C
- From Tung Chung and Airport 機場巴士（經東涌）: A22, A29, E22, E22A
Sign up 留名
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our one hundred and fourteenth meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Maybe Attending 可能出席
Not Attending 未能出席
- LI TING FUNG
- 1 other (forgot to note down his account name)
@春卷柯南: Thank you so much for the invite! I am more than happy to help out! I have some questions:
- 1. Would it be okay if I attend the training session and provide help in English to those who need help in that language (for non-Chinese/Cantonese speakers)?
- 2. I would like to invite university students in Shenzhen to the edit-a-thon, but they may have difficulty getting Wikipedia accounts due to the Great Firewall situation. Is it okay that I invite them, and if so, should I try to have them sign-up in Shenzhen or is it okay to have them sign-up upon arrival in Hong Kong?
- 3. If the students come with me to the training session, I can give them help in English. Are any other volunteers in the training session knowledgeable in Putonghua? Would it be useful if I ask a student who does know Cantonese to translate between Cantonese and Putonghua?
- @WhisperToMe: Thanks for your interest to attend the event and to provide assistance.
- You're welcome to help us. I think that we're able to provide assistance for Cantonese, English, Mandarin Chinese (and even Japanese) speakers. For the Q&A session, you can ask us in any languages listed above.
- It's okay for them to register an account on a Wikimedia site not blocked in Mainland China (it seems that blocked Chinese, Cantonese, Uyghur, Wu and Gan Wikipedia and Chinese Wikinews is blocked). If they can't, it's fine; I'm able to register accounts for anyone who has no Wikimedia accounts. --Spring Roll Conan ( Teahouse | Contributions ) 12:02, 19 November 2017 (UTC)