|London 199||10 December|
|UK virtual 20||6 December|
|London 198||12 November|
|Oxford 95||19 November|
|Waray 10||23 September|
|Bristol 4||16 September|
|Bangkok 3||26 August|
|Wikimania 2023 Singapore||16-19 August|
|Cambridge 46||18 June|
|Portsmouth 3||23 April|
|ESEAP Conference 2022||18-20 November|
|List of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Bristol Wikimedia Meetup Number 4
12:30pm onwards, Saturday 16th September
The Slug & Lettuce, 26–28 St Nicholas Street, Bristol BS1 1UB
This is a very special meetup. Not only is it Bristol's first wiki meetup in five years: we are being joined by a group of German Wikimedians visiting from Bristol's twin city, Hanover. Please come and help give a warm welcome to our visitors!
The venue has wifi, serves food and alcohol, has an outside beer garden and a smoking area, and a baby changing facility. These are here if you need them; don't feel under pressure to use any of them.
Note that there are two Slug & Lettuce bars in Bristol. We are meeting at the central Bristol venue, with entrances on Corn Street and St. Nicholas Street, not the Harbourside bar. The venue is walking distance from Bristol Bus Station and from Bristol Temple Meads railway station.
If you've never been to a Wikimedia Meetup before, it's just a very friendly, casual get-together where we can talk about our shared hobby. If you're a total newcomer to the wiki world, or just curious, you're welcome to come and talk to experienced wiki contributors. An area has been booked in the name of Martin Poulter. Just look for people wearing Wikimedia t-shirts.
Add your name to this list if you can make it. Note that people of all Wikimedia projects are welcome, or people just curious about Wikimedia! Please spread the word.
- Martin Poulter
- Bärbel Miemietz
- Bernd Schwabe
- the wub "?!" 14:52, 9 September 2023 (UTC)
- Femke (talk) 16:18, 15 September 2023 (UTC)
May be attending
- Miraj: Looking forward to hopefully coming if uni work permits!
- Do they sell reasonably-priced beer in pints, or is it just expensive bottled lager? --Redrose64 (talk; at English Wikipedia) 17:55, 9 September 2023 (UTC)
Interested but not attending
- I'm going to be in Brighton that day unfortunately. Thryduulf (talk: meta · en.wp · wikidata) 15:27, 15 August 2023 (UTC)
- Good to see some different UK meetup venues cropping up, but can't make this one unfortunately. Joseph2302 (talk) 07:51, 29 August 2023 (UTC)
- Fjmustak (talk) 18:13, 15 September 2023 (UTC)
- If you're making a cultural trip of it, be sure to check out the M-Shed, the Bristol Museum & Art Gallery, the Arnolfini Arts Centre, the Royal West of England Academy, Brunel's S. S. Great Britain, the Bristol Street Art Tour, the Spike Island international centre for contemporary art or other local cultural attractions. Many of these attractions have free entry- check the web sites beforehand.