< MeetupJump to navigation Jump to search
Mahidol University 4
|When and Where|
|Date:||Saturday, 27 August 2016|
|Time:||17:00 - 20:00|
|Address:||Music Square Restaurant, Mahidol University, 999 Phuttamonthon 4 Road, Salaya 73170|
|London 166 (virtual)||28 February|
|London 165 (virtual)||14 February|
|London 164 (virtual)||24 January|
|wikiBlind & wikiKind adventures in wikiWonderland (virtual)||15 January|
|Beijing 19||1 January|
|South Africa 6 (virtual)||31 October|
|Hong Kong 126 (virtual)||27 September|
|UK 1 (virtual)||16 May|
|Oxford 81||15 March|
|Kaduna 2020||29 February|
|New York City||18 December|
|Cambridge 42||14 December|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
รายละเอียด / Event details
- วัน/เวลา: วันเสาร์ที่ 27 สิงหาคม 2559 เวลา 17:00-20:00
- สถานที่: ร้านอาหารมิวสิค แสควร์ (Music Square Restaurant)
- การเดินทาง: รถประจำทางสาย 515 และ รถตู้ (ปลายทางศาลายา) จากอนุสาวรีย์ชัยสมรภูมิ
- Date/time: Wednesday, 27 August 2016 from 17:00-20:00
- Location: Music Square Restaurant, Mahidol University
- Transportation: Bus No.515 (to Salaya), public van service from Victory Monument
หัวข้อการสนทนา / Topics of discussion
- Existing activities
- Future directions of Wikimedia zero/Free basics in Thailand: Wikimedia Zero/ Free basics has been around for a few years. The idea of free access to knowledge is an interesting approach, and promising results have been shown in several countries. In our community however, it did not work out the way we expected that it would. We are looking into a possibility of using KWIX, an offline reader that enables access to the whole Wikipedia whenever and wherever.
- Issues on the Wikipedia Adventure being too 'difficult/boring': We have received comments from a goodly amount of users complaining that the TWA is rather complicated and boring particularly the language that seems to be confusing in the Thai version of the game. The WikiEduc training may be an alternative.
- Planned/future activities
- Science photo competition in December? We received an invitation to participate and co-organize a science photo competition in a few months to come. Aspects and directions of the event have not been clarified, just yet. But we look forward to talk to our sponsors both existing and new to determine how the event might be like.
- Wikipedia short video competition later this year
- WLM photo exhibition in early 2017?
Future activities related to Wikipedia Year of Science 2016--> Science photo competition
Admittedly one of the challenges that we face or even struggle is to engage the public, to reach the widest possible audience as we can. We are coming up with strategies on how to promote our activities which include:
- Official Facebook page
- Newspaper, PR
ลงชื่อเข้าร่วม / Attendees
- Click edit and type # ~~~~ to sign your name.