- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a closed Meta-Wiki request. Please do not modify it.
Bot's tasks for which permission is being sought: Counts the number of proposals and contributors to the Community Wishlist Survey
Automatic or manually assisted: Automatic
Edit type (e.g. Continuous, daily, one time run): Roughly every 10 minutes
Programming language(s): Ruby
Full disclosure: The bot has been running for several days, as we were under the impression that prior approval was not needed for this sort of task. With respect to local bot policy, it is important for us to keep the bot running as the survey is currently in progress. We can adjust the bot to write only in its own userspace, if that is deemed to be more appropriate. Thank you for your understanding! MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 20:14, 10 November 2016 (UTC)
- Technically, the bot flag is only required for bots that are doing "high speed" edits (more than 1 per minute) or if they are completely unsupervised, but it's always a good idea to get a bot flag anyway since it prevents Special:RecentChanges from being spammed. Kaldari (talk) 20:21, 10 November 2016 (UTC)
- I have throttled the bot to edit no more than once a minute MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 20:55, 10 November 2016 (UTC)
- Scope and edits looks good to me. With regards to the bot flag, I'd set is as per Kaldari, since Meta-Wiki recent changes are not that active as on other wikis and it's a bot account after all. Bot can continue running of course and I hope they're no objections for a speedy approval of this simple task / bot. Regards, —MarcoAurelio 10:17, 11 November 2016 (UTC)
- Well, I don't think it's needed to see those edits in our recent changes log. Edits look fine. I'd suggest to set a flag in any case to avoid spam. In a real spam attack it's better to see less edits there and the flag doesn't hurt if the operator is trusted. -Barras talk 03:08, 12 November 2016 (UTC)
- Support no concerns about this bot task. — xaosflux Talk 03:43, 12 November 2016 (UTC)
Approved and flagged. —MarcoAurelio 09:24, 12 November 2016 (UTC)
- The above request page is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Comments about this page should be made in Meta:Babel or Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat.