- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a closed Meta-Wiki request. Please do not modify it.
The template Wikidata list need ListeriaBot to work properly. Magnus say that the bot can't work properly because meta is asking it a CAPTCHA. We don't know if this account have botflag on meta. If not, maybe giving it will solve this problem. If ListeriaBot already have the botflag here, let us know and we'll investigate the problem further. --Simon Villeneuve 23:34, 13 March 2019 (UTC)
- Could you explain what the purpose of the bot is? PiRSquared17 (talk) 01:44, 14 March 2019 (UTC)
- Is it going to make an edit like This one, Simon Villeneuve? id:Special:diff/14891727.--AldNonymousBicara? 09:24, 14 March 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, this bot is updating Wikidata lists gets from SPARQL queries on a lot of wikis (fr, en, etc.). It had work here for a little time, but not anymore. As you can see on the Twitter thread, we get the error message "Error when saving new text (possible URL spam blacklist)". --Simon Villeneuve 10:44, 14 March 2019 (UTC)
- Hello, PiRSquared17 your question have been answered.--AldNonymousBicara? 10:52, 14 March 2019 (UTC)
- I don't see (admins only) ListeriaBot hitting the blacklist so it must be the regular CAPTCHA. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 14:16, 14 March 2019 (UTC)
- It appears that @Magnus Manske: is the operator of this account, correct? Magnus - will your bot be making edits here on metawiki? If this is a non-editing bot but for some reason you are hitting CAPTCHA, make just 1 more edit with that account here and it will become autoconfirmed and should skip captcha checks. — xaosflux Talk 14:13, 14 March 2019 (UTC)
- I understand that you want a sign of Magnus and I think it's normal. But he said he's on vacantion (bad timing). Simon Villeneuve 02:43, 17 March 2019 (UTC)
- On mobile in desktop mode. Not flag would be nice for captcha and avoiding RC spamming. Thanks, Magnus Manske (talk) 07:15, 17 March 2019 (UTC)
- I think that ListeriaBot looks for the existance of a template on the projects and then it performs the query on Wikidata and posts the results on said project. I saw ListeriaBot working on some projects so I am happy to Support authorization and bot flag granting. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 18:39, 15 March 2019 (UTC)
- Support --Novak Watchmen (talk) 15:31, 15 March 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose Unnecessary at this time. The account is unlikely to edit at the same volume as it does on other projects; and making one more edit will circumvent the CAPTCHA. --AGK ■ 21:40, 15 March 2019 (UTC)
- Support Why not? Btw, do we even have to vote on bots for approval? I think comments should be more appropriate.--Cohaf (talk) 01:47, 16 March 2019 (UTC)
- I'm generally in support of this if it is actually a request to run this task here on meta-wiki, but would like to see the userpage (User:ListeriaBot updated to better describe what the task is and how it will function here). — xaosflux Talk 15:00, 18 March 2019 (UTC)
- I fully agree with Xaosflux's comment above. I believe it is worth authorising the bot, even beyond the CAPTCHA issue. --Vogone (talk) 15:48, 22 March 2019 (UTC)
- @Matiia and MF-Warburg: Please take a look and make a decision here, please. Thanks. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 18:36, 23 March 2019 (UTC)
- @Magnus Manske: could you do what Xaosflux said above? Matiia (talk) 03:17, 24 March 2019 (UTC)
- Sorry, my fault here.
I asked Magnus to get this flag cause I want to generate a dynamic list of librairies in Québec for a university formation about Wikidata given to bar-librarians in June. I though and said that this will be fastforward, but I was wrong. So I don't think that saint Magnus will save me here.
I can do the list on frwiki subspace and copy-past it here, but I think that being generate directly here is more usefull, if you also consider that other users are tempting to use it here too.
So please, read the user page of ListeriaBot, follow the links to see the contributions already done here, you'll get it fast.
(en) [vidéo] Bon Jovi - Keep The Faith on YouTube. Simon Villeneuve 02:10, 25 March 2019 (UTC)
- @Matiia: I think Magnus is on vacation. As far as I could see he patched the code of his bot so it will not resume editting on Meta until ListeriaBot has a flag. I think there's support for flagging the bot so I'd rather grant it instead. Thanks, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 20:38, 12 April 2019 (UTC)
- Support -Veracious (talk) 02:38, 26 March 2019 (UTC)
- Support seems to be high in volume but low in editcount edits, the bot flag might help for hiding the 'big green' from the recent changes.--AldNonymousBicara? 15:51, 7 April 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose Flag is not needed to get past CAPTCHA. Nihlus 01:51, 14 April 2019 (UTC)
- Done. Matiia (talk) 00:42, 15 April 2019 (UTC)
- The above request page is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Comments about this page should be made in Meta:Babel or Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat.