- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a closed Meta-Wiki request. Please do not modify it.
I am an experienced editor with over 2500 edits on article content (most translating) in meta and have created many articles, none of which have been met with objections. Although I mainly work to improve existing articles, I plan to create more articles in the future; I have also become aware of the burden placed on reviewers. I would therefore like be granted translation administrator right so as not to create unnecessary workload for other admins. also I would like to inform you, during last year I was one of the very active members who translated most of the Tech/News to Farsi and also It seems meta has only one translation administrator in Farsi native (Persian) at the moment.Yours faithfully --Déjà vu • ✉ 23:46, 8 June 2018 (UTC)
- Question: @DejaVu: You've read Meta:Translation administrators, Meta:Translate extension, Help:Extension:Translate, etc? Have you prepared a page to translate, either here or on another wiki with the Translate extension? Regards. —AlvaroMolina (✉ - ✔) 22:45, 14 June 2018 (UTC)
- @AlvaroMolina: Yes, I read the docs (and also partially translated one of them to Farsi). I have plan to start translate and manage main contents which cannot be founded in Farsi. Please let me know if there are any questions or clarifications needed.kind Regards --Déjà vu • ✉ 07:56, 15 June 2018 (UTC)
- Have you prepared a page for translation then? if yes, please give an example. If not, please do so. Matiia (talk) 18:53, 22 June 2018 (UTC)
- @Matiia: thanks for asking, as I explained before I started to translate Meta:Translate extension and also want to do all related pages after that, which are more than 15 pages like (How to translate),(Best practices), (How to prepare a page for translation), (Installation) and ...Regards--Déjà vu • ✉ 09:01, 23 June 2018 (UTC)
- @DejaVu: Translating a page and preparing a page so that it can be translated is not the same. This page explains how this procedure is performed and here is an example. Regards. —AlvaroMolina (✉ - ✔) 14:58, 23 June 2018 (UTC)
@Matiia: I'd like to express my sincere gratitude for your advises. Regarding </tvar> tags which you asked: if we put a lot of content together, it would be tedious to translate. So it is nice if we use <tvar> tags with links. I think we use this tag when we want to pull the Actual Number or linguistics elements out of translation and make it a variable. that would be useful because we can update the number without invalidating translations.
Regarding 2018 Community Wishlist Survey translation: I did it voluntary myself for practice and proof of familiarity with translation procedure (no one asked me to do that!), so if I did anything wrong please accept my apology. Kind regards --Déjà vu • ✉ 00:54, 4 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support I see dedication from DejaVu in translating key contents for Farsi readers, giving them TA rights will be positive here. –Ammarpad (talk) 16:42, 22 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support The page preparated for translation it's fine for me. —AlvaroMolina (✉ - ✔) 21:48, 30 June 2018 (UTC)
Done —MarcoAurelio (talk) 10:10, 5 July 2018 (UTC)
- The above request page is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Comments about this page should be made in Meta:Babel or Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat.